IGNORED

what speed player are you?

Lost-Ball
Note: This thread is 4327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. what speed player are you?

• speedy fast - no practice swing, stand over the ball, look at the target once and fire away. you wife only allowed you to leave her sight for 2 hours so u better hurry up!
    • steady pace - you know your game and know the course and am not out to break the course record today. your not trying something new today or taking mulligans. your just getting a round in and doing what you do
    • normal - today is the day! you know what you did wrong last time you played from watching the "golf fix" and today your gonna get it right even if it means taking a mulligan or two
    • hit the ball already - you have checked your gps, carefully selected a club and then the wind picks up 1 mph so you carefully select anouther club. you throw the grass in the air even when putting and have 20 swing thoughts in your head that cause your to take up to 4 mulligans on each hole.

im a normal speed player. i use my gps on my smart phone (which has really helped my game ) and take 2 or 3 quick practice swings and go for it.normally i have one thing im trying to improve on that round and i might pay extra attention too. one of the main guys i play with will stand over the ball for like up to like 30 seconds before moving just to top the ball 20 yards lol . drives me crazy but hey everyone is entitled to play right?

• Upvote 1

I walk purposefully to my ball after the shot at a decent pace and don't waste any time there. When I get to the ball I find my yardage if needed and take a few seconds to decide on which club to use. A practice swing or two before I hit it. I don't rush things while I'm at the ball, but don't waste time in between.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I fall in the faster side of average speed I guess.  I think about the shot on the way to it, pick a club, make a practice swing, and then hit and go find it.  On the green, I'll look at the putt from the "high side" of the hole, get behind the ball, make a practice stroke, step in and send it on its way.  I can walk my home course by myself (it's a parkland with the tees close to the preceeding green) in about 3 hours.

Edited to add:  I am like Zeph.  I will be at my ball when it's time to play.  I don't rush once I get there but, I'll be there when it's time.  I won't be "lost".

I play pretty fast. I love to play and pretty much can't wait to hit. It doesn't mean I hit dumb shots. I usually have the shot planned out before I get there. One of my friends plays with a guy that runs to his ball after each shot.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Golf is to be enjoyed not rushed.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by LBlack14

Golf is to be enjoyed not rushed.

But also, golf is meant to be enjoyed, not waiting 2-10 minutes on every tee and approach shot.

My pet theory, slow players - they're the ones who honk you the millisecond the light turns green, honk you for going too slow, when the person ahead of you is the holdup, the inefficient ones at the airport security line, the first to complain when a line takes too long, etc...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I actually voted steady pace, but trend toward speedy fast (my wife doesn't care how long I'm gone).  I rarely take a practice swing, pretty much step up and hit the ball, chase it down and hit it again.  Last weekend I played 18, by myself, walked, played in 2 hrs 40 mins and shot an 84.  The course wasn't busy, I played through one group on the front and one on the back, so it wasn't like I was waiting on anyone.

I really think most golfers could play a round in under 3 hours, regardless of how good or bad you might be, IMHO, course conditions are what make or break a quick round.  The course I play a lot is an old course, so there is really no waste areas, so hitting a wayward ball does not mean a lost ball, just a difficult recover shot.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I play pretty fast but sometimes I wish I could slow down just a bit. The part that needs to slow down is the planning. Hitting the ball is quick for me. Step up and swing. I just sometimes do that before considering all variables and then after the shot ends up a half club short for example I look and say, "oh yeah, its a little up hill, I should have considered that."

It does wonders for my short game though since I have to get up and down a lot :)

I'm fast. Get the yardage, grab the club, one swing for feel and pull the trigger. A buddy and I can easily get around in 3 hours or so if there's no one in front holding us up. That has nothing to do with our desire or intent to play well. We just move with a sense of purpose. Btw..... Most slow players don't believe they're slow. And yes, I take into consideration that I consider myself to be a faster than normal player when I say that!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

18 holes in 2 hours w a cart is no prob, walking - 3 tops. An open course is an amazing thing. Golfing while in a group is always a slow process, good players and bad ones alike. It's a rare thing to find a group of 4 that can stay under 4 hours, grats to those who have that group; you're still going to play a 4-5 hour round due to the others on the course with you though. Unless golf is your job, consider yourself lucky and enjoy your time at the course, because hey, at least you're not at work right?

I'm a steady pace player. I can finish a round in under 2 hours with cart if I'm by myself and no one is in front of me. Even when I play with others, i figure out my distance, choose a club, take 1-2 practice swings, hit my shot, and move on.

I am fast but deliberate. If possible, I will get to my ball while partners are hitting (unless my ball is directly in front of them), get the yardage, and pull the club. I will take two practice swings behind the ball, set-up and fire. My father-in-law says that I will drop him at his ball and after he hits he can't find me because I went to my ball. I call it ready golf. My usual group of four will take 3.5 hours for 18 and that is without rushing, just being ready to play when it's your turn. I am a little more deliberate at the greens, but it generally pays off. I have played with some folks that drive me crazy. My wife calls me a golf snob for complaining and I have reminded her that it's not the score that I judge, it's the pace of play. When I see a guy agonize over which hybrid to hit from 150 yards, it makes me crazy knowing that it doesn't matter because all his hybrids go 150. My father was a great guy to play with (doesn't play any more) because he got it. He would say that he wasn't a great golfer, but that he was a fast golfer. It really makes all the difference no matter what the skill level. You don't need to rush, you just need to be ready.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by Zeph

I walk purposefully to my ball after the shot at a decent pace and don't waste any time there. When I get to the ball I find my yardage if needed and take a few seconds to decide on which club to use. A practice swing or two before I hit it.

I don't rush things while I'm at the ball, but don't waste time in between.

this

I can't stand having to play 18 over 2 hrs. By myself, I can play a round in 45 min, and that's the way golf should be played.

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

I can't stand having to play 18 over 2 hrs. By myself, I can play a round in 45 min, and that's the way golf should be played.

You can play 18 holes in 45 minutes? What are you on crack? What's the rush dude? There is no fricken way you can do this, I wanna see a video or something. Think about it, 18 holes, 36 or more putts, unless you get on the green and take a 35 ft. gimme. Maybe if you got a hole in one on every hole.

Let me guess, you hit your driver 420?

As for me, I'm just a normal speed type of player, always play with a full group, so I have no choice but to be patient, relax and hit when I'm ready. My typical rounds are 4.5hours.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Facetious: (adj), meant to be humorous or funny : not serious

Maybe it's the "meant to be" part that lost him.

Note: This thread is 4327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!