IGNORED

Is Anyone Else Fed Up With "Sir Nick Faldo's" Self Serving English Babbling?

club ho

Nick "The older I get the better i WAS"  faldo...

The whole crew gives me gas...and one of the biggest reasons I watch it without sound, "if" I even watch it at all anymore...

Im sick of that sensationalizing pansy jim nance and his rose colored glasses and yanni music...He can give you a cavity.

peter kostis intentionally misdirects with most of his silly "konica minolta swing vision" crap that it makes people that really do know what is happening during the swing cringe with embarrassment.....

And david feherty?... oh please... he's wayyyyyy past his expiration date, his attempt at being vulgar is, well, ....vulgar. The old drunk needs to go back to walking the course and commenting on GOLF instead of trying to turn his schtick into a one man walking comedy show full of bad innuendo while using 'ridiculous superlatives'' to over describe the difficulty of a simple shot of the player hes covering. Usually its all slathered up with his totally over the top irish brogue accent....

He's the drunken irish version of peter jacobson.... theyre not really funny at all most of the time. He insults his viewers intelligence.

The commentators need to remember that they are just people who make a (good) living playing a game, no more, no less, they have some amazing abilities but they are NOT life role models or supermen, just very good golfers..... Lets keep nbc and golf channel from trying to turn them into some type of hero's.

If I had gas as bad as that I'd be turning UP the volume ....

Agree with your last para.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I used to think the same about Faldo. But the more I hear him talk about things the more I realize that he actually is a pretty sharp guy. I think his accent kinda makes him sound a little more pompous that he really may be. I find Johnny Miller to be much more arrogant.

I used to think the same about Faldo. But the more I hear him talk about things the more I realize that he actually is a pretty sharp guy. I think his accent kinda makes him sound a little more pompous that he really may be. I find Johnny Miller to be much more arrogant.

I agree. Johnny Miller is golfs version of Joe Morgan.

Most days I think Faldo does a good job, he can get redundant when he calls every good shot a "career shot".

I agree with you 100% on Feherty.  Sometimes David is funny but most times he just tries way too hard.  The worst is when he completely fails and says something cringe worthy yet the guys in the booth laugh and carry on like they just heard the funniest thing in their lives.

Originally Posted by SoCal Blade

Nick "The older I get the better i WAS"  faldo...

The whole crew gives me gas...and one of the biggest reasons I watch it without sound, "if" I even watch it at all anymore...

Im sick of that sensationalizing pansy jim nance and his rose colored glasses and yanni music...He can give you a cavity.

peter kostis intentionally misdirects with most of his silly "konica minolta swing vision" crap that it makes people that really do know what is happening during the swing cringe with embarrassment.....

And david feherty?... oh please... he's wayyyyyy past his expiration date, his attempt at being vulgar is, well, ....vulgar. The old drunk needs to go back to walking the course and commenting on GOLF instead of trying to turn his schtick into a one man walking comedy show full of bad innuendo while using 'ridiculous superlatives'' to over describe the difficulty of a simple shot of the player hes covering. Usually its all slathered up with his totally over the top irish brogue accent....

He's the drunken irish version of peter jacobson.... theyre not really funny at all most of the time. He insults his viewers intelligence.

The commentators need to remember that they are just people who make a (good) living playing a game, no more, no less, they have some amazing abilities but they are NOT life role models or supermen, just very good golfers..... Lets keep nbc and golf channel from trying to turn them into some type of hero's.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

I agree. Johnny Miller is golfs version of Joe Morgan.

Johnny Miller could have a labotomy and he would still be better than Joe Morgan.

• Upvote 1

Bill M

Originally Posted by phan52

Johnny Miller could have a labotomy and he would still be better than Joe Morgan.

Totally agree.  Similar, but completely different levels.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I liked Nick as player, he was methodic, dead straight and always in the hunt for those late 80's majors.  I look forward to his golf commentary, and excuse the cheeky comments as just part of his cultural way of communicating. His golf IQ is amazing.

I dont mind Sir Nick. Announcers really dont have any effect on my viewing experience. I dont pay much attention to them really. The only announcer that I really care to not hear is Chris Berman.

9032LS  Driver Speedline Fast 10 3w  2009 TP  3-PW

Tour Action 588 60* and 56*  Reg 588 50*  Classic #1 Black  Gamer V2

Did anyone hear the insult he made about the guy who beat mcleroy and petterson in the match play?After he won the match vs petterson he made the comment" now he can go to the gym and spa".

LOL

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Wansteadimp

Actually yes you do now a days. Things changed under Tony Blair's government - awards to any one who is popular hoping they govt gets reflected glory. The latest lot haven't changed it back.

Bradley Wiggins has got a knighthood for winning the Tour de France and picking up 4 Olympic gold medals - he's not a noted contributor to charity.

It used to be that great sportsmen got the awards once they had retired - Bobby Moore, Stanley Matthews etc etc

Now give it to them at their prime - there was even discussion about whether Andy Murray should be knighted off the back of one Grand Slam - thankfully he wasn't and he came out and said he didn't deserve it yet.

So Bradley Wiggins is not a noted contributor to charity? This is just one of a few things he has started or contributed in this last year. http://www.bradleywigginsfoundation.org/site/index.php

I like Faldo and his (at times) quirky commentary. His personality gIves golf coverage some colour, often needed. Probably the same reason I like Gary McCord and David Feherty. If those guys were the only ones calling a golf tournament, it'd be too much, but having them on the broadcast team adds much needed colour and personality to the proceedings IMO.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

• 9 years later...

Nick "The Dick" Faldo is just that! I doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. 

I wish he would go back to the UK for good! I thing the swim would do him good!

Please NBC replace him with someone else. He is a 100% Jerk-OFF.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2013 at 2:04 PM, caniac6 said:

I still miss Pat Sumerall and Ken Venturi.

And John Madden 😁

Driver - Callaway Razr

3-wood - TM Stealth

7-wood - Titleist 

Irons - 5 through PW, Epon 503

Vokey Wedges

Putter - Odyssey TriHot 2

• iacas changed the title to Is Anyone Else Fed Up With "Sir Nick Faldo's" Self Serving English Babbling?
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets