Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
splat752

Is Scotty Cameron Knocking Off Another Putter?

13 posts in this topic

Looks like it to me. Check out the photos of the new Futura X. Then go to www.franklygolf.com

Did Scotty Knockoff one of the best designs ever? Designed by Frank Thomas the former technical director of the USGA. I own one. Decide for yourself.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Originally Posted by splat752

Looks like it to me. Check out the photos of the new Futura X. Then go to www.franklygolf.com

Did Scotty Knockoff one of the best designs ever? Designed by Frank Thomas the former technical director of the USGA. I own one. Decide for yourself.

Where are the photos?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

its the tab that is directly above the first word you type in the "Reply" box.

Nope.

There's only so much you can do. The TM Spider putters have been doing a similar thing as well - weight ports towards the back corners.

I don't think there is much originality when it comes to putter design - people take what others have done and put their own "improvements" into a design to make it their own.

Offtopic:

Personally, I think it's a travesty when I see one of these hulking designs in the hands of a high school teen - unless they have some type of mental or physical challenge, these designs are crutches for those who are typically older or yippy.

Personally, I think it's a travesty when I see one of these hulking designs in the hands of a high school teen - unless they have some type of mental or physical challenge, these designs are crutches for those who are typically older or yippy.

Don't take it so personal, Des... Lol! JK!

I don't think there is much originality when it comes to putter design - people take what others have done and put their own "improvements" into a design to make it their own. Offtopic: Personally, I think it's a travesty when I see one of these hulking designs in the hands of a high school teen - unless they have some type of mental or physical challenge, these designs are crutches for those who are typically older or yippy.

Now what did I do to deserve THAT?! :-)

Aside from them both being ugly, and having rear weighted ports, it certainly is not a copy.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I don't think there is much originality when it comes to putter design - people take what others have done and put their own "improvements" into a design to make it their own.

Offtopic:

ouch - I looking pretty seriously at the Ghost Spider S.  But I'm older and yippy and....what was that third thing?