IGNORED

2014-2015 NHL Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 3222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been impressed with Klinkhammer so far. He's been playing a solid, physical role on the shutdown line. The Oilers beat a tired and slumping Blackhawks squad last night, and Klinkhammer had ten hits by the end. Hopefully he can keep it up, the castoff line of he, Boyd Gordon and Matt Hendricks have been very consistent.

This isn't your father's Oilers from 1983-1990 though, they just plain stink, that's a good win against the Hawks though whether they are tired an slumped up or not... I think Edmonton is more worried about having the second most white balls for the draft lottery though, their provincial rivals have done well in the draft the last couple years, especially getting Monahan... The Flames problem is they need a Veteran leader to kinda wrap up all of these lunch bucket players (not intended to be an insult, the Flames are a very hard working young team)... Maybe since Calgary is trending upward, maybe Iggy will come home in the off-season...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Oilers do stink. But they have moments, at times, that gives optimism to diehard fans like me. Even though Derek Roy is a shadow of his former self, he's been great showing the younger players what it takes, even though the results aren't there. I just wish they could show the same effort in October that they do in March, when all the pressure is off. Edmonton hasn't had a great defenseman since Pronger skipped town. And the city seems to be toxic to goalies who aren't named Fuhr, Joseph or Roloson. As for your comment about this not being the 83-90 team, do you really think anyone expects it to be? As an Oiler fan, all I can hope for is less than five goals against per game and some effort for more than twenty minutes. And as for Calgary, I've been impressed that they've worked their asses off nearly every night this season. And they totally kill the Oilers in every sense of management, from GMs to developing players, to scouting. They remind me of the 90-00 Oilers: not long on superstars, but bringing the lunch pail to every game. That being said, I predict by the 82nd game of the season they'll be fighting for the wild card spot. LA is finally getting geared up and maybe the Sharks can funnel all their off ice distractions into some wins down the stretch.

Corey

Do you think 95 points is the magic number in the West?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/rediscovered-lafleur-lemieux-photo-a-study-of-superstars-and-a-teenagers-hero-worship

That's a pretty incredible story. Paging @Ernest Jones too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[URL=http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/rediscovered-lafleur-lemieux-photo-a-study-of-superstars-and-a-teenagers-hero-worship]http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/rediscovered-lafleur-lemieux-photo-a-study-of-superstars-and-a-teenagers-hero-worship[/URL] That's a pretty incredible story. Paging @Ernest Jones too.

Wow. Very cool story!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The Oilers do stink. But they have moments, at times, that gives optimism to diehard fans like me. Even though Derek Roy is a shadow of his former self, he's been great showing the younger players what it takes, even though the results aren't there. I just wish they could show the same effort in October that they do in March, when all the pressure is off. Edmonton hasn't had a great defenseman since Pronger skipped town. And the city seems to be toxic to goalies who aren't named Fuhr, Joseph or Roloson. As for your comment about this not being the 83-90 team, do you really think anyone expects it to be? As an Oiler fan, all I can hope for is less than five goals against per game and some effort for more than twenty minutes. And as for Calgary, I've been impressed that they've worked their asses off nearly every night this season. And they totally kill the Oilers in every sense of management, from GMs to developing players, to scouting. They remind me of the 90-00 Oilers: not long on superstars, but bringing the lunch pail to every game. That being said, I predict by the 82nd game of the season they'll be fighting for the wild card spot. LA is finally getting geared up and maybe the Sharks can funnel all their off ice distractions into some wins down the stretch.

I think 95 will make the playoffs in the West... I don't think it's LA we have to worry about it's Winnipeg... if it's the Wild Card we need to make the postseason the Final Game of the season may amount to a play-in game, however I believe Calgary would like to get ahead of Vancouver if they can, I'd rather have game 7 at the Saddle than in Vancouver...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

That being said, I predict by the 82nd game of the season they'll be fighting for the wild card spot. LA is finally getting geared up and maybe the Sharks can funnel all their off ice distractions into some wins down the stretch.

I think the Flames will make the playoffs IF they beat the Kings at the Saddle next Thursday... LA does have six games left, CGY only has five... but CGY is 3 points in front of L.A. Calgary's remaining schedule: Thursday@ Blues Saturday@ Oilers (HNIC) Tuesday(4/7) vs Coyotes Thursday(4/9) vs Kings Saturday (4/11) @ Jets The Winnipeg game could be big for seeding (the 2 seed to pass Vancouver or the 3 seed) in theory we can get as high as the 2 in the Pacific, but we could also lose at least one game where we should pick up at least a point... If we can pick up 6 of the Final 10 available points, by beating LA in regulation or overtime, we shut LA out of a divisional spot... I do for some reason, do believe LA will get the Final wild card spot in the West, I do not know if the thought of at least four Canadian teams in the playoffs is going to come to pass... The East is a little more easy to figure out... Unless something extremely wacky happens in the next twelve days... there are basically seven teams fighting for five spots in the Wales... I think the most intriguing race is for the Final wild card spot... The Metropolitan is pretty much set, the top four teams will probably make the playoffs, The battle between the three Atlantic Division Teams; Boston, Ottawa, and Florida is Very intriguing to say the least. Though I'm pulling for five Canadian teams to make the playoffs, I don't think Ottawa has enough push to catch Boston, Florida is a tiny possibility but even then I don't think it will happen... That being said this is what I think the Final standings will look like come Masters Saturday night Atlantic: 1. Montreal 2. Tampa Bay 3. Detroit Metropolitan: 1. NY Rangers 2. Pittsburgh (yes Erik they will hold on to the 2 seed in the division) 3. NY Islanders(if they aren't careful they may end up a Wild Card) Wild Cards in East: 1. Washington (though they could pass the Islanders easily) 2. Boston (it will come down to next Saturday but they will squeak in) Western Conference: Central: 1. Nashville 2. Chicago 3. St. Louis Pacific: 1. Anaheim (a Vancouver loss or OTL Anaheim becomes first division Champion) 2. Calgary (I think they will end up tied with the Canucks in points, but the Flames hold the tie-breaker) 3. Vancouver for reasons stated above Wild Cards: 1. Minnesota 2. Winnipeg (If they lose to Calgary the Final game I think LA can claim this spot)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

@Ernest Jones and I have the opposite wish.  I wish that if the Bruins make the playoffs, they face anyone but Montreal.  I assume he would want the opposite! :-D

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Listening the game on stream last night, it sounded like Tampa was skating rings around the Habs for most of it. I'd just as soon avoid them.

@boogielicious is right. The recent history with Boston has been pretty decent. Can't wait to get out of this office and have the playoffs start.

I think the Flames will make the playoffs IF they beat the Kings at the Saddle next Thursday... LA does have six games left, CGY only has five... but CGY is 3 points in front of L.A. Calgary's remaining schedule: Thursday@ Blues Saturday@ Oilers (HNIC) Tuesday(4/7) vs Coyotes Thursday(4/9) vs Kings Saturday (4/11) @ Jets The Winnipeg game could be big for seeding (the 2 seed to pass Vancouver or the 3 seed) in theory we can get as high as the 2 in the Pacific, but we could also lose at least one game where we should pick up at least a point... If we can pick up 6 of the Final 10 available points, by beating LA in regulation or overtime, we shut LA out of a divisional spot... I do for some reason, do believe LA will get the Final wild card spot in the West, I do not know if the thought of at least four Canadian teams in the playoffs is going to come to pass... The East is a little more easy to figure out... Unless something extremely wacky happens in the next twelve days... there are basically seven teams fighting for five spots in the Wales... I think the most intriguing race is for the Final wild card spot... The Metropolitan is pretty much set, the top four teams will probably make the playoffs, The battle between the three Atlantic Division Teams; Boston, Ottawa, and Florida is Very intriguing to say the least. Though I'm pulling for five Canadian teams to make the playoffs, I don't think Ottawa has enough push to catch Boston, Florida is a tiny possibility but even then I don't think it will happen... That being said this is what I think the Final standings will look like come Masters Saturday night Atlantic: 1. Montreal 2. Tampa Bay 3. Detroit Metropolitan: 1. NY Rangers 2. Pittsburgh (yes Erik they will hold on to the 2 seed in the division) 3. NY Islanders(if they aren't careful they may end up a Wild Card) Wild Cards in East: 1. Washington (though they could pass the Islanders easily) 2. Boston (it will come down to next Saturday but they will squeak in) Western Conference: Central: 1. Nashville 2. Chicago 3. St. Louis Pacific: 1. Anaheim (a Vancouver loss or OTL Anaheim becomes first division Champion) 2. Calgary (I think they will end up tied with the Canucks in points, but the Flames hold the tie-breaker) 3. Vancouver for reasons stated above Wild Cards: 1. Minnesota 2. Winnipeg (If they lose to Calgary the Final game I think LA can claim this spot)

I didn't expect Pittsburgh to be the team to fall down to the Wild Card at the moment... Calgary is 2 points behind Vancouver with 3 to play, LA Has the second WC in the West at the moment... Come to think of it CGY needs to beat ARZ, at least get a point against LA and so forth... If the Flames win, Against Arizona and LA, LA cannot make the Top-3 in the Pacific even with a win against Vancouver tomorrow...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Canadiens are showing some major weaknesses coming down the stretch. They'll finish first or second with home ice advantage but may be one and done if they can't break out of this slump. Hopefully they're just playing possum and they'll come out the playoff gates firing on all cylinders. Team still has a total lack of secondary scoring, it can't be all Pacioretty all the time. In Price We Trust.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Canadiens are showing some major weaknesses coming down the stretch. They'll finish first or second with home ice advantage but may be one and done if they can't break out of this slump. Hopefully they're just playing possum and they'll come out the playoff gates firing on all cylinders. Team still has a total lack of secondary scoring, it can't be all Pacioretty all the time. In Price We Trust.

Every time I've had the chance to watch em, it's been the Carey and Max Show. It's remarkable that a team that leans so heavily on two players can do as well as the Habs have.

• Administrator

At least they won't be facing the Pens.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

At least they won't be facing the Pens.

Theoretically they could... If Pittsburgh is the first Wild Card, And Boston or Ottawa is the Second, Boston would play the Rangers, and Pittsburgh would play the Atlantic Division champion, which will be either Tampa or Montreal...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

[quote name="iacas" url="/t/77408/2014-2015-nhl-season/30#post_1124008"] At least they won't be facing the Pens.

Theoretically they could... If Pittsburgh is the first Wild Card, And Boston or Ottawa is the Second, Boston would play the Rangers, and Pittsburgh would play the Atlantic Division champion, which will be either Tampa or Montreal...[/quote]The Habs' only concern right now is to get to the second round.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

The Habs' only concern right now is to get to the second round.

As flat as they've played the last ten days, they'll be lucky to make the Adams Final... oh wait, this is 2015 not 1985, I think that if they play Boston, they win, they play Detroit they win, they play Pittsburgh they're in trouble... It's kinda in a way what the Smythe... oops I meant the Pacific looks like Calgary might be the third place team but no one and I mean no one wants to play them, this includes the Division Champion Ducks, the last thing Anaheim wants is to have the play the Flames in the first round, Calgary might not beat Anaheim, but the series would almost automatically either go 7 or have a bunch of one-goal overtime games. The Flames have by far been the biggest positive surprise in the entire league... not one expert had Calgary in the playoff discussion this year in October, shame on them... they don't have a "Superstar" per say, but give them a couple years, they will absolutely dominate the West... I think Iggy would consider coming back after this year and being a strong veteran presence that they would need for a Cup run...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 3222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!