IGNORED

Stack-n-Tilt - Still Screwing up Golfers after All These Years

Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

58 minutes ago, mchepp said:

Most of your post is very good and I agree. This sentence is the main disagreement we have. While I am not crazy about how S&T has not evolved at all from its early days (in fact we could argue it has devolved) these two guys are pretty good students of the game. I don't think we should make it about them. 

Thanks, I just try to prevent my feeling.

I would like to make a point. I feel you need to evolve in life in general, in this case in golf. When you evolve, sometimes you have to get back on certain points of view you took in the past. If you know what I mean. A few years ago I wrote an article about an topic in a sciencefiction magazine. I took a standpunt on a matter. Time past, and I did extra study, research, overthinking. It is possible I have to adjust my standpoint. And That's oké. New insight. Etc. 

Sometimes I feel M&A are critisized a lot and harsh. And maybe u justred. They ratlled the cage. I do not understand why they are not theated with a more open mind. Not sure where it comes from. What I see on TV (can not receive in Holland Golfchannel) I never hear something about S&T, or 5SK. Even aimpoint does not get a lot of intention. I find that strange. But from what I see, competition in the golf industrie is very, very hard. Maybe for insiders, it is better to judge. Or people are preaching for their own churches. I do not know.

So I do not know why S&T does not implement new findings or new information etc. I would like to say that you should embrase new info, even if it means you have to come back from certain points of view. It only shows that you learn and evolve. And isn't that a great thing to embrase?

Damn auto correct. It is present, in stead of prevent, and it was an article in a science magazine (tax law). Sorry.

• Administrator
On January 27, 2016 at 5:14 AM, taxgolf said:

I guess Mike and Andy do not know j@#$ sh$%^t about a golf swing.

Nobody has said anything like that.

On January 27, 2016 at 5:14 AM, taxgolf said:

I used to be a vivid advocate in defense of S&T. What turnes (or turned) me a bit of, is the fierce defence of the system. Which as a base, to me, is a far better way to start with golf than a lot of teaching stuff I see on the range in Holland. S&T has structure, a sound base.

It's not so much the "fierce defense" that bugs me, to be honest… but rather the continued lack of advanced understanding. The stupid ball positions video is still online, for example. They still endorse publicly the grotesque (often) swings their certified instructors are having their students make.

For example, on their home page…

56ae70d56d4a7_2016-01-3012.03.51.thumb.p

I'm sorry, but this is not good:

56ae71ab82375_AnalyzrImageExport.thumb.j

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My goodness ... that might be understandable as a "before" picture.  I know I've made that mistake and I still work on fixing it.  But I'm not that bad on that mark.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I've made that mistake and the result is a hosel rocket. It's fixed though.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• Administrator

Neither swing is good.

ss.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!