or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Stadler & Watson swings yesterday @ Scottsdale
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stadler & Watson swings yesterday @ Scottsdale

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

 

post #2 of 18

Saw the title and was hoping for Craig and Tom.  :-P

post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 

Reminds me of Z Johnson.

 

    

post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Saw the title and was hoping for Craig and Tom.  :-P

 

lol. The Masters maybe?

post #5 of 18

Regards to Phil McGleno, and other teachers, but OMG Bubba looks so sloppy in the lower body. Legs all bent and wobbly, hips flying in/out, feet twisting as on the dance floor.  Good luck Bubba.  Will look for you in the winner's circle but won't hold my  breath.  

post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

Reminds me of Z Johnson.

[/URL]  

His A5-A8 remind me of Boo Weekley. (His physique too.)
post #7 of 18
It was nice to see such a contrast between the top 2 in the tournament. Stadler being the big fellow that was not as flexible versus Mr gumby happy
Feet.
post #8 of 18

Check out Bubba's right foot progression.

 

Starts flared, then squares up on the downswing

 

 

Then back to flared, then rotates even more.

post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Check out Bubba's right foot progression.

Starts flared, then squares up on the downswing




Then back to flared, then rotates even more.


Is this an exception for him or is this something he does all the time? Is it something he even thinks about in your opinion? Because it really does look funny especially the finish as if he skids out of control because of all of his speed..
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post


Is this an exception for him or is this something he does all the time? Is it something he even thinks about in your opinion? Because it really does look funny especially the finish as if he skids out of control because of all of his speed..

 

I'm pretty sure he does this every time he hits a driver. Definitely not something he consciously thinks about IMO  Just a reaction to way he's using the ground and the torques he's putting on his body. You can potentially create a little more speed having the front foot square but brings about more risk of injuring yourself (and maybe even give up some low point control).  That's why you see the foot "spin" out, to avoid damage to the ankle/knee joint.

post #11 of 18

I know some long drivers that do that, one of them removes the spikes from his lead foot, so he can spin it out easier.

post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Check out Bubba's right foot progression.

 

Starts flared, then squares up on the downswing

 

 

Then back to flared, then rotates even more.

It's not as pronounced ... but Patrick Reed (as posted somewhere on here after the Humana Challenge - by @nevets88 I think) does something similar with his front foot.

 

EDIT:  Here it is: http://thesandtrap.com/t/71661/2014-humana-challenge-inside-the-ropes-pics-and-player-swing-videos/30_30#post_940927

post #13 of 18

Tiger and Rory do this as well, Tiger more. Its all about ground forces, pushing up off the ground to create speed in the down swing. The hips opening up so much and are rotating so fast they would probably blow out their knee if they didn't turn their lead foot open.

post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


His A5-A8 remind me of Boo Weekley. (His physique too.)

 

Yeah, looks similar. Man, Weekley gets some serious hands forward shaft lean there, doesn't he? Looks like he's got more 2ndary tilt than Stadler. Left hand grip stronger a tad?

 

  

post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

 

Yeah, looks similar. Man, Weekley gets some serious hands forward shaft lean there, doesn't he? Looks like he's got more 2ndary tilt than Stadler. Left hand grip stronger a tad?

 

  

 

Yeah Boo def has a stronger grip and can tend to create too much lag.

post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Yeah Boo def has a stronger grip and can tend to create too much lag.

Looks like Mr. Weekley needs to work on that Key 3. :-P

post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Looks like Mr. Weekley needs to work on that Key 3. :-P


Did they add "Putting" to Key 3? (Just joking)

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/2012/10/boo-weekleys-putting-stats-are-downright-scary.html

post #18 of 18

you're welcome  (love those Ping commercials)

 

Comon now, don't be haters ... I love to see a home made swing that works.      On the unusual occasion where he putts well, he's usually somewhere near the front ...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Stadler & Watson swings yesterday @ Scottsdale