IGNORED

Max CHS is Before Impact

Note: This thread is 1832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I did not know that. Just always assumed it was at impact. Dunno why, I guess it made sense. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

It should be. Ideally.

After is dumb because the ball slows it down.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Whoops. Recorded that at high frame rate. Re-recorded it at normal speed. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

It’s not the announcers opinionating, guessing they got it from the radar guys. Would definitely want a deeper dive into this. I suspect we’ll get more details with all the eyes on The Masters. 

Steve

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

It’s not the announcers opinionating, guessing they got it from the radar guys. Would definitely want a deeper dive into this. I suspect we’ll get more details with all the eyes on The Masters. 

I don’t know about that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don’t know about that.

Oi. I just assumed it was info interpreted from the Trackman or Flightscope guys, not taking one reading and making an assertion out of that. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised if it’s something like that. I hope Trackman or someone who knows what they’re talking about gives us real data on this. Shame on me for believing CBS. 

Steve

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I did not know that. Just always assumed it was at impact. Dunno why, I guess it made sense. 

The speed curve is pretty steep for the driver. 

Also, most golfers are hitting up on the ball now. So the club should be slowing down slightly since max speed happens at the bottom of the arch. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

33 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Also, most golfers are hitting up on the ball now. So the club should be slowing down slightly since max speed happens at the bottom of the arch. 

Thanks. So shorter irons max CHS is closer to impact?

Steve

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

It doesn’t have to happen at the bottom.

It could peak well after the bottom. Players have muscles. It’s not reliant on gravity.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

It should be. Ideally.

After is dumb because the ball slows it down.

Thank you for this. I had this discussion with Shawn Clement and I stated the fastest part of the swing was just before impact. He replied, "no, no...so many people get that wrong. It's about 2 feet past impact. That's why you need to focus on swinging through to your target and not at the ball."

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Thank you for this. I had this discussion with Shawn Clement and I stated the fastest part of the swing was just before impact. He replied, "no, no...so many people get that wrong. It's about 2 feet past impact. That's why you need to focus on swinging through to your target and not at the ball."

He’s so wrong.

According to Trackman, Koepka is 3.7 down at impact for driver. McIlroy hits like 3-4 up right? Koepka’s max CHS closer to impact than McIlroy’s?

F1A25813-DA70-4C73-AAC0-85A2B663F63D.jpeg

https://blog.trackmangolf.com/brooks-koepka-winner-us-open-2017/

Steve

8 hours ago, nevets88 said:

According to Trackman, Koepka is 3.7 down at impact for driver. McIlroy hits like 3-4 up right? Koepka’s max CHS closer to impact than McIlroy’s?

No idea. Does it matter? You can accelerate the clubhead on the upswing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

33 minutes ago, billchao said:

No idea. Does it matter? You can accelerate the clubhead on the upswing.

Yeah, doesn't matter much. But CBS bought it up. Expecting too much for them to get it right.

Steve

Don't blame them. Blame the folks who fed them the numbers if you have the absolute need to "blame" someone! I also found the motion analysis of Koepka's swing interesting since someone has now invented technology where this can be done without players wearing markers. Heck, if you're going to mistrust technology, throw away Trackman, launch monitors, and GPS while you're at it. And get rid of your computer too! Nothing trustworthy on the internet!

11 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Don't blame them. Blame the folks who fed them the numbers if you have the absolute need to "blame" someone! I also found the motion analysis of Koepka's swing interesting since someone has now invented technology where this can be done without players wearing markers. Heck, if you're going to mistrust technology, throw away Trackman, launch monitors, and GPS while you're at it. And get rid of your computer too! Nothing trustworthy on the internet!

Get off my lawn!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!