IGNORED

Will Jordan Spieth Come Back?

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

So, I’ll turn it back around on you: why GG?

I look at it kinda like Lawrence Fishburn’s character from ‘ Looking for Bobby Fisher’ vs Ben Kingsley’s character. McCormick of course being Ben Kingsley. Maybe Spieth needs a little more of an aggressive approach, more technology and a bit of an edgy instructor.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I look at it kinda like Lawrence Fishburn’s character from ‘ Looking for Bobby Fisher’ vs Ben Kingsley’s character. McCormick of course being Ben Kingsley. Maybe Spieth needs a little more of an aggressive approach, more technology and a bit of an edgy instructor.

That’s generally not how this works.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 hours ago, iacas said:

I can elaborate, I just sometimes don’t want to.

Why would George be a “good fit”? Because he’s a “hot” instructor right now? What about GG makes him a good fit to take over with Jordan Spieth? What problem does Jordan have that George can fix?

So, I’ll turn it back around on you: why GG?

You're the expert here! I have no particular insight on why Jordan went from top 5 to lower tier pro. I'm not really arguing for it, but given my limited knowledge the best reason I could give for GG is that he seems like he's really flexible in specifics of the swing, and attitude/mindset seems like a big focus for him. So maybe that would be good for Spieth?

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, mdl said:

GG is that he seems like he's really flexible in specifics of the swing

Don't know that I'd agree with that.

Jordan, from what I've heard, has some mechanical issues. The mental issues stem from that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A report showed Spieth recently visited with Harmon to see whether he was on the right track.  

• Upvote 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 hour ago, phillyk said:

A report showed Spieth recently visited with Harmon to see whether he was on the right track.  

I saw a bunch of articles “confirming” that today.

Then I read that Butch denies it...

As far as “where there’s smoke, there’s fire” ...there seems to be a lot of smoke right now.

I don’t know what to believe

11 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

I saw a bunch of articles “confirming” that today.

Then I read that Butch denies it...

As far as “where there’s smoke, there’s fire” ...there seems to be a lot of smoke right now.

I don’t know what to believe

Harmon said no in reference to being his new coach, as Cameron remains in that position.  So maybe Spieth still saw him, but just for a second pair of eyes? 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

29 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Harmon said no in reference to being his new coach, as Cameron remains in that position.  So maybe Spieth still saw him, but just for a second pair of eyes? 

That’s a good call. I certinly hope it’s true... 

Hope he figures it out. Enjoy watching him play.  Loved how he talks to ball

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

• Administrator
2 hours ago, phillyk said:

Butch saw him for two hours before the CJ Cup.

Maybe he told him to get forward more, and he went back to check on whether he was doing that.

• Informative 1

Apparently, Spieth was on Sirius radio and had some quotes about his  swing.

You’ve all prob read the articles by now, but I’ll post a quote below

“I kind of got to where I was swinging behind me instead of in front of me. “What that means is I just kind of get — that right elbow just got going a little wild on me. And so it could go up and go back behind my torso. 

“What I didn’t realize I did so well for a number of years is being able to swing in front of my body, pretty much taking it back and through. It just kind of gradually started getting more and more behind me, and, all of a sudden, I found myself late into the ball, and from there, you just can’t play consistent golf — you’re relying too much on your hands at impact. It just becomes a significant challenge through the bag, and obviously as you go up the bag, you’re one or two degrees off becomes way more widespread.”

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a friend who is very consistent, down the middle, sufficient distance, 50ish.  He shoots in the mid to high 70's.  I brought up the Spieth article yesterday while playing.  He said he is the same... knows nothing about the intricacies of the golf swing.  He is self-taught and just plays.  Never thinks about his swing.  I love that innocence.  

More.  I change swing keys 3-4 times a round.  My friend changes swing keys 3-4 times a century.

I wonder how long Spieth knew/thought this is/was the problem? I mean damn, In my complete speculation and zero experience as an instructor I think this is something a professional instructor could get a hold of. Maybe McCormick identified it but Spieth just can’t find a way to correct it. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

47 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I wonder how long Spieth knew/thought this is/was the problem? I mean damn, In my complete speculation and zero experience as an instructor I think this is something a professional instructor could get a hold of. Maybe McCormick identified it but Spieth just can’t find a way to correct it. 

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

image.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

image.png

Nice...but if he shoots 76 tomorrow...it’s over. 😃

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

4 hours ago, iacas said:

image.png

Expand  

Nice...but if he shoots 76 tomorrow...it’s over. 😃

Hasn’t the weekend been the real issue for him?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

9 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Hasn’t the weekend been the real issue for him?

Yes. And rather profoundly. Don’t remember the exact numbers but something like top 5 lowest Rd 1-2 and bottom 200 Rd 3-4

Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!