IGNORED

Brooks Koepka

JodieMudd
Note: This thread is 1770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is he now the most disliked player on tour?. 

I hear he is now complaining at FOX after he was left out of their US Open preview commercial (which i'm sure couldn't have been an oversight on their part). Him calling for someone to be fired over it is ridiculous.

Also his comments after the final round of the pga about how shocked he was by everyone cheering for DJ. 

I think it is finally hitting home how unpopular he is, poor Brooks

Edited by JodieMudd

19 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

Ian Poulter still has his card, so no.

• Like 2

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Patrick Reed is likely 10 times more hated than him.

Im sure his comments ruffled some feathers with a few guys, but fans like the guy and most players respect the hell out of him. I’ve heard he and Tiger get along pretty well and that’s the one guy you want on your side. He and Sergio probably don’t, which is why a lot of fans like him. He’s not afraid to call people out who deserve it.

1 hour ago, JodieMudd said:

I hear he is now complaining at FOX after he was left out of their US Open preview commercial (which i'm sure couldn't have been an oversight on their part). Him calling for someone to be fired over it is ridiculous.

Also his comments after the final round of the pga about how shocked he was by everyone cheering for DJ. 

I think it is finally hitting home how unpopular he is, poor Brooks

I read the article I think you're referring to but it did mention there was another commercial dedicated completely to him so....But hey, Brooks wants the best of both worlds: ' I don't care what people say or think, I just do my thing..doesn't matter to me..blah, blah' yet he wants to be popular and thought of as this awesome presence on the tour but he just hasn't shown the personality to be that. Yes I know his wins should've done that but he's a dud. Boring as white bread and he's wanting the media to make a character out of him that he just doesn't have. Just like when the pathetic Ryan Lochte tried to make a reality show about himself and just flopped miserably due to him being an absolute stale bag of Ruffles. I don't dislike Brooks at all really, I'm just apathetic to watching him play as he's just, well, boring.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Its hard for me to dislike someone who just goes about his business and doesnt bother anyone. He is frank, talented and probably the best golfer in the world right now.  He gets my respect and I watch him as much as I can.  

FOX omitting him from the promo was just careless and lazy and someone should be held responsible.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Brooks wants the best of both worlds: ' I don't care what people say or think, I just do my thing..doesn't matter to me..blah, blah' yet he wants to be popular and thought of as this awesome presence on the tour but he just hasn't shown the personality to be that.

100% this

1 hour ago, gjunkie57 said:

Its hard for me to dislike someone who just goes about his business and doesnt bother anyone

It would bother me having to play a round with him and put up with that constant spitting on every tee box. 

3 hours ago, gjunkie57 said:

Its hard for me to dislike someone who just goes about his business and doesnt bother anyone. He is frank, talented and probably the best golfer in the world right now.  He gets my respect and I watch him as much as I can.  

FOX omitting him from the promo was just careless and lazy and someone should be held responsible.  

You nailed it. I even like Brooks. Dislike is more for Kuchar and Garcia.

I have no problems with him. My wife and I nicknamed him "Cupcake" because it sounds like his name. I see his point a bit on the promo. I mean he is the two time defending champ and not everyone may see the other one.

I like him calling out whiny players and slow players. I just wished he would try to win other tournaments. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, JodieMudd said:

It would bother me having to play a round with him and put up with that constant spitting on every tee box. 

Just curious...are you a Sergio fan?

14 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Just curious...are you a Sergio fan?

I'm indifferent towards Sergio to be honest. But you can't relate Sergio's spitting incident, (which i recall was a one off, and something that he apologised for), to Brooks who thinks it's completely normal grebbing his way around a golf course

"I view myself completely differently than people view me. I still think it's weird when I walk into a place, and I can see eyes are on me just for dinner. And I'm like, 'What's everybody staring at?' I just view myself as a regular guy, just like everybody else. And I just happen to be really good at golf, and that's it." — Koepka

Yeah right. And if everybody wasn’t staring it’s, ‘why isn’t everybody staring?’

Again with the ‘I’m just a regular guy...but give me the attention I deserve!’

Boy I’m running with this aren’t I! Lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Oh brother. Not the spitting conversation again.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

35 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

I'm indifferent towards Sergio to be honest. But you can't relate Sergio's spitting incident, (which i recall was a one off, and something that he apologised for), to Brooks who thinks it's completely normal grebbing his way around a golf course

I only asked because Koepka called out Sergio a few months ago for his on course behavior and most Sergio fans I’ve come across hate Brooks. 

As far as spitting goes, I have no idea why that’s such a big deal?

9 hours ago, JodieMudd said:

Him calling for someone to be fired over it is ridiculous.

Did you watch the actual interview before getting upset? You know the one where hes clearly joking?

He can simultaneously not care what people think of him and also want to be in promos. Him being in more promos allows him to negotiate for more money in contracts (assuming he has a good manager).

I can definitely say I’m all in with Koepka on the USGA whiney players debate. I love how he said ‘ They’re not playing good enough’ in response to a question about the cry babies (JT wearing the biggest diaper).  

I’d like to see Koepka handle JT like the abominable snowman handled Daffy Duck.

1 hour ago, Alx said:

Did you watch the actual interview before getting upset? You know the one where hes clearly joking?

Yes i watched it, and he was clearly annoyed about the whole thing otherwise why bring it up. Yes i agree he was 'half' joking with the firing comment but that is Brooks allover, try's to act like he ain't really bothered when clearly he is..... i would bet a diamond against a penny that he would love someone to lose their job over it.

29 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

Yes i watched it, and he was clearly annoyed about the whole thing otherwise why bring it up. Yes i agree he was 'half' joking with the firing comment but that is Brooks allover, try's to act like he ain't really bothered when clearly he is..... i would bet a diamond against a penny that he would love someone to lose their job over it.

You know what. You’re absolutely right. How dare Brooks be upset that he wasn’t featured in a promo for a tournament he’s won two years in a row.  How dare he not throw golf clubs to the ground and get angry like Sergio or DeChambeau. I hope he misses the cut this week. Damn him.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!