IGNORED

Lie Adjustment

Osnola
Note: This thread is 1741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got my clubs a little over a year ago after being fit. The lie was set at 2* up. My question is how often should you have the lie checked/adjusted?  What are some indications that you need to have the lie adjusted?

13 minutes ago, Osnola said:

I got my clubs a little over a year ago after being fit. The lie was set at 2* up. My question is how often should you have the lie checked/adjusted?  What are some indications that you need to have the lie adjusted?

It depends on how much you  play/practice. You could place some masking tape on the sole and hit off a mat or lie board and see if you’re consistently getting the proper marking.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Osnola said:

How timely, I am in the same boat. I’m much better at not coming over the top anymore and I think my lie needs to be adjusted for a few clubs at least. I swing a bit more consistently too now so I might even just get a “full” fitting again even though I don’t want new clubs. I want to see if I need to change my shafts out too. I figure new shafts on year old clubs due to a marked improvement in swing isn’t the worst thing..lol

:cleveland: Launcher HB driver (9 degree), Launcher HB 3 & 5 woods,  4H Launcher hybrids, CBX 5-GW, 54 & 58 degree wedges, :cleveland: RHO 35” :srixon: Z Star XV 

If you're going to have your lie checked you really should have a good club fitter check it using ball flight.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

22 hours ago, Osnola said:

I often will be standing behind a partner who is using a hybrid on a long par 3 and notice how the club head does not lie flat on the ground of the tee box.I wonder how they will ever make good contact. The heel of the club may be resting on the ground, but the toe has a significant gap between it and the ground.

Lie angle is strongly correlated to posture. If you have changed your posture (knees more flexed, wider stance, more upright torso, etc.) you will most definitely need to check your lie angles.

On 6/18/2019 at 8:12 AM, Osnola said:

Lie angles really don't change. Mainly because you don't slam the sole of the Club on the ground repeatedly. The only thing that will change is the lofts will weaken a touch, because the clubface hits the ball not the sole.

As stated before, if you've made a swing change or posture change, then you might want to check them.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Report From Range...you guys are great and really have helped me, and I am sure many others. 

I went to the range with a roll of masking tape, a marker. And a thing to mark a line on the ball. 

After I got good and loose, marked a ball, put some tape on the face of my 6i. The firs 5 swings showed me hitting right at the toe of the club and of course to the right. Straight but to the right of my target. 

After making a slight adjustment in my take away, the next 5 hits were dead center on the club and the line from the marker on the ball was perfectly perpendicular to the bottom of the club. I hit about 20 more balls and then put tape back on the 7i and marked 5 balls. Results were good with the ball mark on the face of the club as desired. Ball flight was good with very little deviation from straigh 

i will be playing in the morning at The Oaks Golf Club in Mississippi and I hope this helps me hit a rew greens and maybe take a couple of strokes off my usual 90. 

Thanks again to all for you knowledge and help. 

On 6/19/2019 at 6:24 AM, Carl3 said:

I often will be standing behind a partner who is using a hybrid on a long par 3 and notice how the club head does not lie flat on the ground of the tee box.I wonder how they will ever make good contact. The heel of the club may be resting on the ground, but the toe has a significant gap between it and the ground.

The club shouldn't be soled completely at address to account for shaft droop at impact.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 6/20/2019 at 6:13 PM, billchao said:

The club shouldn't be soled completely at address to account for shaft droop at impact.

Makes sense, but should you be able to slip your cell phone under the toe at address?

29 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

Makes sense, but should you be able to slip your cell phone under the toe at address?

Depends on a number of factors: the flex of the shaft, the bend profile, how fast you swing, how high your hands are at impact, and how thick your cell phone is.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

19 hours ago, billchao said:

Depends on a number of factors: the flex of the shaft, the bend profile, how fast you swing, how high your hands are at impact, and how thick your cell phone is.

Ok, but if you see a guy addressing a ball with a hybrid and it looks like the toe is pointing towards the sky, you wonder if he got fitted and also wonder how he can make consistent contact.

Note: This thread is 1741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!