IGNORED

Rain on League Day/Night…

Zekez
Note: This thread is 1784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

True.  Especially when you’ve been looking forward to it all week!

Absent a washout that closes the course completely, do they still play?  Or is it a fair weather only group?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, David in FL said:

True.  Especially when you’ve been looking forward to it all week!

Absent a washout that closes the course completely, do they still play?  Or is it a fair weather only group?

We will/do play in light rain, but I'm definitely a fair weather golfer.  I hate playing in the rain.

I feel your pain. Through nine weeks of league, we have had four cancellations and four days of playing through light rain. Feels like we get sun all week and then rain every Thursday.

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing

4 hours ago, Zekez said:

We will/do play in light rain, but I'm definitely a fair weather golfer.  I hate playing in the rain.

You know what's worse than playing golf in light rain?  Lots of things, and among them is not playing golf. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I am visiting in-laws in N Central PA and it is rain rain go away. I did manage to play at Kane CC one day.  But weather is iffy.  I will be glad to head for home, heat or not.

Butch

17 hours ago, Zekez said:

I hate playing in the rain too.  It’s got to be a pretty significant tournament/event to drag my sorry butt to the course in even light rain.  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Not as bad as having a tornado blow by your course the day before. I was impressed that they remained open, but there was bits of building debris all over the course.

- Shane

Ours doesn't stop. The season is short enough. Monday past...thunder boomer passed closely by

Well Mother Nature shined on this area yesterday.  Turned out to be a nice evening for golf.  League has been charmed this year.  Not one rainout even though the rain here has been seemingly never ending.

I play in a 9 hole league every Thursday and I can’t stand when it’s called because of rain. What bothers me most is even if it’s only a light rain, people will walk straight to the car and leave before it officially been called. It’s florida so in a lot of cases, if they had just waited 20 minutes, we could’ve played but since they left, the whole day had to be cancelled.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

This Wednesday our league was called because of significant thunderstorms. Same as two weeks ago and rain ( but no lightning) last week. Weather here in Cincinnati area has been rain, rain, rain for much of the spring. Two weeks ago was even after three and in great shape after drive on four when it started lightning. All I could think was "NOT NOW!". 

We got rained out again yesterday. I don't mind playing in light rain and mist. Heavy rain is not fun though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• iacas changed the title to Rain on League Day/Night…
Note: This thread is 1784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!