IGNORED

Breaking Bad

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

foreshadowing?

They are clever enough for that. They're also clever enough to put that in there just to make people talk about it and speculate...

Mission accomplished.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How do you guys think they shot the opening scene last night?  Did they ...

A)  Shoot it 6 years ago, along with everything else they shot for filmed season 1, and it was a deleted scene that just happened to fit perfectly here?

B)  They shot it 6 years ago, fully intending for it to be used now exactly in the manner that it was?

C)  Or they just shot it now, along with all of the season 5B stuff, and they have really good wardrobe/makeup people to make them look so much younger?

The actors have changed too much in weight for me to believe that it's C.  When they filmed season 1, they had intended on killing off Jesse during season 1 and changed their minds there, so I highly doubt they had this planned out, so that rules out B.

That leaves A, but then the scene fit so perfectly with the focus on his lie rehearsal, as well as the focus on the knife block when Skyler went to answer the phone, that that seems unlikely too.

I guess, then, it would be D ... they shot it 6 years ago, didn't use it then for whatever they had planned, and then wrote the final scene of this episode around that scene.

-----------------------------

Good catch on the pants, BTW ... I did not notice that last night.  (Of course, you are Heisenberg, so what else should we expect from you?) ;)

-----------------------------

Last week, Steven Michael Quezada was a guest on Talking Bad, and even though it wasn't official yet, his character had basically just died.  Last night, Dean Norris was a guest on Talking Bad, right after he kicked the bucket.  Next Sunday, Matt Jones (Badger, I mean Brandon Mayhew ;)) is the guest on Talking Bad.  Hmmm ...

• Administrator

Getting shot in the head is too quick a death for Walt at this point.

Unless it was almost a sort of freak accident type of thing, but that would be more like the Seinfeld finale than they've continually promised us. They said this ending is "perfect" and that would just be stupid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Perfect ending, Walt getting killed by a meth-head tweaked out on his blue meth.

or

Walt takes over cooking for Jesse and lures all the people into the lab to "debut" his new super meth which really ends up being some sort of chemical reaction in one of the big tankers that explodes killing everyone, putting an end to the blue meth production for good.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Getting shot in the head is too quick a death for Walt at this point.

Unless it was almost a sort of freak accident type of thing, but that would be more like the Seinfeld finale than they've continually promised us. They said this ending is "perfect" and that would just be stupid.

Walt goes in guns blazing and kills the aryans. Then he rescues Jesse. Jesse says "Thank you Mr. White" and then shoots him in the leg. He then shoots Walt 7 more times, yelling "BITCH" after every shot. Then Mike and Jesse frolick away in a meadow while "Endless Love" plays in the background.

Ryan M

So tonight's episode was entitled "Ozymandias," which is a reference to this poem: "Ozymandias" by [LEFT]Percy Bysshe Shelley:[/LEFT] [LEFT]"I met a traveller from an antique land[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,[/LEFT]
[LEFT]And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Tell that its sculptor well those passions read[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,[/LEFT]
[LEFT]The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]And on the pedestal these words appear:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Nothing beside remains. Round the decay[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare[/LEFT]
[LEFT]The lone and level sands stretch far away."[/LEFT]

Over the summer, AMC released a video of Cranston reading the poem: [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE[/VIDEO] [quote name="Heisenberg" url="/t/10116/breaking-bad/180_30#post_897720"]I have to believe that M60 is for those boys.[/quote] Got to think that as well. Still, one M60 against all those guys ... there would have to be a cunning Walter White plan involved. [quote name="Heisenberg" url="/t/10116/breaking-bad/180_30#post_897720"]But Walt left Jessie with those guys, he ordered him dead. He thinks he is going to be tortured and killed. Still hard to believe that Walt wants him dead and is 100% sure of it this time.[/quote] I think after he told him about Jane, there's no going back. If the M60 is indeed for the Nazis it'll be interesting to see what happens to Jesse. Walt will never be able to trust Jesse if he lets him live. Also, you have to think that Walt had an inkling of the Nazis wanting Jesse to cook for them. [quote name="Heisenberg" url="/t/10116/breaking-bad/180_30#post_897720"]Did anyone notice when he was walking through the desert he walks past the pair of pants he lost in the first episode? [/quote] I did notice that! :-) [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/10116/breaking-bad/180_30#post_897789"]How do you guys think they shot the opening scene last night?  Did they ... A)  Shoot it 6 years ago, along with everything else they shot for filmed season 1, and it was a deleted scene that just happened to fit perfectly here? B)  They shot it 6 years ago, fully intending for it to be used now exactly in the manner that it was? C)  Or they just shot it now, along with all of the season 5B stuff, and they have really good wardrobe/makeup people to make them look so much younger? The actors have changed too much in weight for me to believe that it's C.  When they filmed season 1, they had intended on killing off Jesse during season 1 and changed their minds there, so I highly doubt they had this planned out, so that rules out B. That leaves A, but then the scene fit so perfectly with the focus on his lie rehearsal, as well as the focus on the knife block when Skyler went to answer the phone, that that seems unlikely too. I guess, then, it would be D ... they shot it 6 years ago, didn't use it then for whatever they had planned, and then wrote the final scene of this episode around that scene. [/quote] There was an opening scene similar to that during season three. It was after Walt gives Jesse all of his money to buy the RV in season one. In the season three scene, Jesse and Combo spend it all at a strip club. When Jesse realizes he's out of money, they steal Combo's mother's RV. This is referenced later, when Hank goes to Combo's mother's house and she tells them that the RV was stolen but won't really say who did it. I'm not sure what my point is here. :-) A quick bit of Googling couldn't uncover whether or not that was filmed during season one or during season three, as it aired. If you figure one out, maybe you've figured out the other though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

How do you guys think they shot the opening scene last night?  Did they ...

A)  Shoot it 6 years ago, along with everything else they shot for filmed season 1, and it was a deleted scene that just happened to fit perfectly here?

B)  They shot it 6 years ago, fully intending for it to be used now exactly in the manner that it was?

C)  Or they just shot it now, along with all of the season 5B stuff, and they have really good wardrobe/makeup people to make them look so much younger?

The actors have changed too much in weight for me to believe that it's C.  When they filmed season 1, they had intended on killing off Jesse during season 1 and changed their minds there, so I highly doubt they had this planned out, so that rules out B.

That leaves A, but then the scene fit so perfectly with the focus on his lie rehearsal, as well as the focus on the knife block when Skyler went to answer the phone, that that seems unlikely too.

I guess, then, it would be D ... they shot it 6 years ago, didn't use it then for whatever they had planned, and then wrote the final scene of this episode around that scene.

I think the desert scene was shot from season #1 - with Walt talking on the phone to Skylar.  But I think that the scene in the home - with Skylar was shot more recently.  Basically Skylar in my mind has lost weight - and looks healthier this season than in seasons past.  And in the flashback... She looked like she does now.  So I think they did both A and C - and came out with a new take.  Which was done really, really ****ing well.  Honestly, this show is pretty amazing.

I'm gonna miss the hell out of this show when it's gone. Everything else sucks in comparison. I used to love Dexter, but it's a joke in comparison.

Ryan M

I'm gonna miss the hell out of this show when it's gone. Everything else sucks in comparison. I used to love Dexter, but it's a joke in comparison.

I don't know if you've watched Homeland... But it is pretty legit.  I'd recommend watching the pilot, and if you like it (which I'd be surprised if you didn't), then buy both season 1 and 2.  I can't wait for season 3 to kickoff.

Jesse and Combo spend it all at a strip club. When Jesse realizes he's out of money, they steal Combo's mother's RV.

Boobies!!!!!!!

I only started watching the show about 16 months ago or so on DVD, and the few times that they show R-rated stuff on the show, they actually show it. :)

So that scene is uncut.  The scene in the first episode where Jesse is falling out of the neighbors bedroom window is also R-rated and uncut.  And, of course, the one F-word that they have each season, as well. ;)

I don't know if you've watched Homeland... But it is pretty legit.  I'd recommend watching the pilot, and if you like it (which I'd be surprised if you didn't), then buy both season 1 and 2.  I can't wait for season 3 to kickoff.

I saw the first 2 episodes or so. It was ok...not enough to get me hooked, and nowhere near BB level.

Ryan M

My name is ASAC Schrader...and you can go F--- yourself.

Ryan M

My name is ASAC Schrader...and you can go F--- yourself.

The best part of that scene was that Hank really seemed to see that Walt truly cared for him and felt sorry that Walt wasn't able to see there was no way for him to live. "You are the smartest person I've ever known..."

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

The best part of that scene was that Hank really seemed to see that Walt truly cared for him and felt sorry that Walt wasn't able to see there was no way for him to live. "You are the smartest person I've ever known..."

Hey, Hank made his own bed. Walt told him to tread lightly, and he didn't...

Ryan M

Question, am I in the minority when I say I still ' like ' Walt, and feel sorry for him?  And ultimately want to see him survive this mess, but believe the perfect ending is Walt actually taking himself out?

[I don't know if like is the right word, maybe I feel sorry for him??]

[[It's interesting, because my wife now hates Walt.  And wishes he would die.]]

Above Erik mentioned that Vince has stated that they believe they have the ' perfect ' ending of the show.  I hadn't read this or tried to research/learn more about this comment from Vince... But it got me thinking about what I would find to be the perfect ending to Breaking Bad.  Remember, there are only two episodes left... Here is my .02.

(1.) I want Walt to save Jesse.

[I'm really torn that Walt is/was willing to let Jesse be executed... But I think that has more to do with protecting his children, and as a Father (Walt), he ultimately has alligence to them and their safety.  And, I believe that Walt feels that Jesse crossed him by working with Hank and Gomie.  And if Jesse would've just kept his mouth shut, Walt would've gotten away with everything, and Hank would still be alive.]

(2.) I want Walt to blow up the lab where Todd and the other cronies are now operating.

[We know Walt is back in ABQ with the M60 from the 5A/1 + 5B/1 flash forward(s)]

(3.) I want Walt to blow the cover of the meth operation that Lydia is now running.

[[In last nights preview of next weeks episode, we saw Walt seeks out Saul, and his contact, to give him a new identity.  Thus Walt is going in hiding until he comes out with a master plan on how to take down the Aryans and their drug ring.]]

(4.) I want Walt to get away, without losing his life... But I think the perfect ending is Walt being captured by the DEA, after blowing the cover of Lydia/Aryan operation, and when he is captured, he digest the Ricin to prevent further torture of his family having to watch a long drawn out trial.

The sun sets on ABQ... And Jesse is still alive.  And the only guy in town that has the Heisenberg recipe.

Question, am I in the minority when I say I still 'like' Walt, and feel sorry for him?  And ultimately want to see him survive this mess, but believe the perfect ending is Walt actually taking himself out?

No, a lot of people (myself included) are so invested in Walt that we can't help but root for him, even though there's no reason to. We still cling onto the guy who started this all for the right reasons....

Above Erik mentioned that Vince has stated that they believe they have the 'perfect' ending of the show.  I hadn't read this or tried to research/learn more about this comment from Vince... But it got me thinking about what I would find to be the perfect ending to Breaking Bad.  Remember, there are only two episodes left... Here is my .02.

(1.) I want Walt to save Jesse.

Not gonna happen. I give that a 0.5% chance of happening. I'd give it a 0% chance, but who knows with this show...

(2.) I want Walt to blow up the lab where Todd and the other cronies are now operating.

Definitely possible. But I don't see Jesse going down with all of them. He's too important to the series to go that way. Jesse's end will be much more dramatic, whatever his *end* may be...

(3.) I want Walt to blow the cover of the meth operation that Lydia is now running.

Meh. I feel like she adds little to nothing to the show. They could end it without even acknowledging her existence and I couldn't care less.

(4.) I want Walt to get away, without losing his life... But I think the perfect ending is Walt being captured by the DEA, after blowing the cover of Lydia/Aryan operation, and when he is captured, he digest the Ricin to prevent further torture of his family having to watch a long drawn out trial.

I also thought about him using the Ricin on himself. You don't exactly walk around with Ricin just in case your M60 isn't enough to take out your target.

Ryan M

After going through more than a few series finales, like LOST, Battlestar G, The Sopranos, The Wire, I really try and not have any expectations and hope they stick the landing somehow. That said, I'd like Jesse to make it out of this too but I have a bad feeling about that. I read somewhere the DVD to be released has an alternate ending. What the hell?

I have no sympathy for Walt, have had none since mid season 1-ish, hope he gets a nasty demise, he is an A1 dbag, but still find him a compelling character who has his moments and would love to take his chem class. :-)

I think if you like Lt Winters from Band of Brothers and Mandy you killed my father prepare to die Patinkin, you'll probably like Homeland. The original Israeli series on which it's based on, Prisoners of War, is excellent, none of the frenetic plot twists and turns, more a slow character study.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!