IGNORED

Breaking Bad

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 3747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If it ends like the Sopranos, I will hunt Gilligan down.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Question, am I in the minority when I say I still ' like ' Walt, and feel sorry for him?  And ultimately want to see him survive this mess, but believe the perfect ending is Walt actually taking himself out? [I don't know if like is the right word, maybe I feel sorry for him??] [[It's interesting, because my wife now hates Walt.  And wishes he would die.]] Above Erik mentioned that Vince has stated that they believe they have the ' perfect ' ending of the show.  I hadn't read this or tried to research/learn more about this comment from Vince... But it got me thinking about what I would find to be the perfect ending to Breaking Bad.  Remember, there are only two episodes left... Here is my .02. (1.) I want Walt to save Jesse. [I'm really torn that Walt is/was willing to let Jesse be executed... But I think that has more to do with protecting his children, and as a Father (Walt), he ultimately has alligence to them and their safety.  And, I believe that Walt feels that Jesse crossed him by working with Hank and Gomie.  And if Jesse would've just kept his mouth shut, Walt would've gotten away with everything, and Hank would still be alive.] (2.) I want Walt to blow up the lab where Todd and the other cronies are now operating. [We know Walt is back in ABQ with the M60 from the 5A/1 + 5B/1 flash forward(s)]   (3.) I want Walt to blow the cover of the meth operation that Lydia is now running. [[In last nights preview of next weeks episode, we saw Walt seeks out Saul, and his contact, to give him a new identity.  Thus Walt is going in hiding until he comes out with a master plan on how to take down the Aryans and their drug ring.]] (4.) I want Walt to get away, without losing his life... But I think the perfect ending is Walt being captured by the DEA, after blowing the cover of Lydia/Aryan operation, and when he is captured, he digest the Ricin to prevent further torture of his family having to watch a long drawn out trial. The sun sets on ABQ... And Jesse is still alive.  And the only guy in town that has the Heisenberg recipe.

I never really considered Walt killing himself with the ricin, though it would be cute if that's how scientist died. That's a tough way to suicide though - it wouldn't kick in for a few days, so he would be walking around for a while knowing he's going to die soon. Then again, that's a nice metaphor for Walt's cancer. My guess remains that the M60 is for the Nazis, and the ricin is for Lydia. Something definitely has to happen with her; they spent too much time establishing the importance of that character to not address her. Thing is, we know from the flash forward that Slyler and Junior are out of the house, so clearly something had go happen there too. Gahhh, just two more episodes! I still want Walt to make it out alive.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I still want Walt to make it out alive.

I don't know if you watched Talking Bad or not.  But I love Chris Hardwick's take on Vince Gilligan's writing lately, and I feel the exact same way.  He said something to the effect of (100% paraphrasing here) that "I feel like Vince Gilligan is sitting there surprised that anybody still roots for Walt and then with each new episode or each new scene he writes (like last night when he took his daughter from her mother) he's saying 'Oh, you still like Walt?  You still root for him? ... OK, how about now?'"

Now, of course, he pulls people back in with a little bit of redemption with the phone call exonerating Skyler and leaving the baby with the firemen to be returned to her mother.  But I cannot tell you how badly I wanted to wring that guys neck myself the moment he walked out of that house with Holly.

Ironically, my wife, who has hated him from just about the git-go (whereas it took me until 5A to fully hate him) has actually flopped back over to the "feeling sorry for him" camp after that phone call last night.  Go figure.

I can't even get angry at him for wanting to take Holly, because she's young enough to not be effected by anything that's happened yet and he could have made a new life and still had at least someone he loved with him. His son has turned against him *not that it's wrong that he did* and he is left with nothing and no one. I knew right away that he'd return her or drop her off somewhere safe to be returned because he has always wanted what's best for his family and being on the run with her wasn't what was best.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

My favorite talk show on Breaking Bad - What the Flick? show:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by jamo

Thing is, we know from the flash forward that Slyler and Junior are out of the house, so clearly something had go happen there too. Gahhh, just two more episodes!

Showing why the house was abandoned should be fairly easy now based on what transpired last night.  Now that Walt's cover is blown, and Hank is dead, I believe Skylar, Junior and Holly would simply move in with Marie.  Marie and Hank's house is larger and nicer.

Plus, they are sisters, and Marie is going to lose her shit without Hank - her rock.  So she will need her sister more now than ever.  And surrounding themselves with the kids would be a good way for them to heal from what as turned their world upside down.

Going back to Walt and the ricin....

Hmmmm... Jamo, I think you could be right about Lydia getting slipped the ricin.  The ricin definitely has to be used.  And using it on Lydia makes sense.  I think she is an easy target, and Walt could just as easily blow her cover and let her rot in a prison cell some where, where she can no longer enjoy her mani/pedis.  But thinking back, Walt was going to use the ricin on her last season, but decided against it.  He was going to slip it into her coffee, but then she came up with the plan to turn higher profits on the meth ring by introducing the product to the Czechs.  So perhaps he does finally plant it into her unsuspecting coffee, by reaching out to her stating that he needs a way to build back up his nest egg?

It makes sense, that he contacts Lydia to help get her purity levels back up on the meth - to help ensure the product is 'Blue Sky' quality.  And in doing so, she provides him with information on where to find Todd and the Aryans operational meth lab in the remote desert.  Ultimately, Walt does this to find out where the Aryans are holding Jesse hostage.  To free Jesse - and vengeance to the death of Hank, and taking his money ($80M nest egg, and left him with $11M).

Somehow, this will have to happen fairly quick though, as Lydia can't find out that Jesse is going to be able to bring the purity levels up by assisting Todd.  Because if she finds out that Todd has Jesse, to help reconstruct Blue Sky, then if Walt reaches out to her, she will never reveal where the lab is, as Walt would be useless to her.

So given the timeline, he'd have to slip Lydia the ricin in a meeting with her, unsuspectingly - like in a coffee shop.  And it has to happen quickly or she will learn that the products purity levels are back.  Remember, Todd has a mancrush on her, so he wants to please her.  Having Jesse walk him through the cooking procedure will ensure the products purity levels are obtained.  And Todd is going to run back to Lydia looking for her approval, trying to score ***** points.

No questions though... The Aryans, they definitely are getting the brunt force of the M60.

Does Walt and Jesse make it out of this thing alive?  There is a good chance...

My favorite talk show on Breaking Bad - What the Flick? show:

I'm sorry, but I had to stop watching after the dumb shit vblog host couldn't keep Walt and Hank straight... Especially after going on and on about how hard it is to hit someone with an Assualt Rifle. Yes, because there was only one person shooting at Hank and Gomie. :facepalm:

Showing why the house was abandoned should be fairly easy now based on what transpired last night.  Now that Walt's cover is blown, and Hank is dead, I believe Skylar, Junior and Holly would simply move in with Marie.  Marie and Hank's house is larger and nicer.

Plus, they are sisters, and Marie is going to lose her shit without Hank - her rock.  So she will need her sister more now than ever.  And surrounding themselves with the kids would be a good way for them to heal from what as turned their world upside down.

Hmmmm... Jamo, I think you could be right about Lydia getting slipped the ricin.  The ricin definitely has to be used.  And using it on Lydia makes sense.  I think she is an easy target, and Walt could just as easily blow her cover and let her rot in a prison cell some where, where she can no longer enjoy her mani/pedis.  But thinking back, Walt was going to use the ricin on her last season, but decided against it.  He was going to slip it into her coffee, but then she came up with the plan to turn higher profits on the meth ring by introducing the product to the Czechs.  So perhaps he does finally plant it into her unsuspecting coffee, by reaching out to her stating that he needs a way to build back up his nest egg?

It makes sense, that he contacts Lydia to help get her purity levels back up on the meth - to help ensure the product is 'Blue Sky' quality.  And in doing so, she provides him with information on where to find Todd and the Aryans operational meth lab in the remote desert.  Ultimately, Walt does this to find out where the Aryans are holding Jesse hostage.  To free Jesse - and vengeance to the death of Hank, and taking his money ($80M nest egg, and left him with $11M).

Somehow, this will have to happen fairly quick though, as Lydia can't find out that Jesse is going to be able to bring the purity levels up by assisting Todd.  Because if she finds out that Todd has Jesse, to help reconstruct Blue Sky, then if Walt reaches out to her, she will never reveal where the lab is, as Walt would be useless to her.

So given the timeline, he'd have to slip Lydia the ricin in a meeting with her, unsuspectingly - like in a coffee shop.  And it has to happen quickly or she will learn that the products purity levels are back.  Remember, Todd has a mancrush on her, so he wants to please her.  Having Jesse walk him through the cooking procedure will ensure the products purity levels are obtained.  And Todd is going to run back to Lydia looking for her approval, trying to score ***** points.

No questions though... The Aryans, they definitely are getting the brunt force of the M60.

You are totally wrong, dummy!  Lydia doesn't drink coffee ... she drinks tea!!!  Duh!

:banana:

All kidding aside ... I'm also interested in how Walt's story is made public.  The house looks like your typical abandoned shack that kids like to play around and mess with, but clearly somebody with spray paint knows about Heisenberg, and Carol next door knows about him as well, so I'm wondering how that will transpire.

I'm gonna miss the hell out of this show when it's gone. Everything else sucks in comparison. I used to love Dexter, but it's a joke in comparison.

Oh man, I tried to watch Dexter last night after Breaking Bad... Horrible idea. That show was pathetic compared to what Breaking Bad is doing now.... I got through 18 minutes before I had to turn it off. I'll watch it later, but man, the Breaking Bad writers are making the Dexter writers look like complete idiots right now. Dexter should've ended after five seasons too. What a mess that show is now. There's, what, one episode left? And the show's a complete joke now? Sad. Dexter could have been a show as good as Breaking Bad, but they royally screwed up with where they took it.

How do you guys think they shot the opening scene last night?  Did they ...

A)  Shoot it 6 years ago, along with everything else they shot for filmed season 1, and it was a deleted scene that just happened to fit perfectly here?

B)  They shot it 6 years ago, fully intending for it to be used now exactly in the manner that it was?

C)  Or they just shot it now, along with all of the season 5B stuff, and they have really good wardrobe/makeup people to make them look so much younger?

The actors have changed too much in weight for me to believe that it's C.  When they filmed season 1, they had intended on killing off Jesse during season 1 and changed their minds there, so I highly doubt they had this planned out, so that rules out B.

That leaves A, but then the scene fit so perfectly with the focus on his lie rehearsal, as well as the focus on the knife block when Skyler went to answer the phone, that that seems unlikely too.

I guess, then, it would be D ... they shot it 6 years ago, didn't use it then for whatever they had planned, and then wrote the final scene of this episode around that scene.

-----------------------------

Good catch on the pants, BTW ... I did not notice that last night.  (Of course, you are Heisenberg, so what else should we expect from you?) ;)

-----------------------------

Last week, Steven Michael Quezada was a guest on Talking Bad, and even though it wasn't official yet, his character had basically just died.  Last night, Dean Norris was a guest on Talking Bad, right after he kicked the bucket.  Next Sunday, Matt Jones (Badger, I mean Brandon Mayhew ;)) is the guest on Talking Bad.  Hmmm ...

The answer is C, and it's obvious -- at least, it is to me :-P . The makeup they put on them wasn't even that good. The actors were clearly, to me, much older in that scene. Go back and watch some of the early episodes. Jesse looked clearly in his early 30s in that scene and no longer a kid in his 20s. And Walt had a ton of wrinkles in his face that he didn't have in the first season. The makeup dept. didn't do a great job there.

Of course, I'm not criticizing. This a problem every TV show has to face if they get a long run and want to do flashbacks.

This is the greatest show of all time right here IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I don't know if you've watched Homeland... But it is pretty legit.  I'd recommend watching the pilot, and if you like it (which I'd be surprised if you didn't), then buy both season 1 and 2.  I can't wait for season 3 to kickoff.

I saw the first 2 episodes or so. It was ok...not enough to get me hooked, and nowhere near BB level.

Ehhhh, it's too much like 24 now, and not in a good way. The 2nd half of season two sucked. The first 1.5 seasons though were great. I'll still watch, but it's losing me like Dexter is/already losing me. The season two finale was pretty cool though.

It won't. They've already says as much in interviews.

Quote:

You are totally wrong, dummy!  Lydia doesn't drink coffee ... she drinks tea!!!  Duh!

All kidding aside ... I'm also interested in how Walt's story is made public.  The house looks like your typical abandoned shack that kids like to play around and mess with, but clearly somebody with spray paint knows about Heisenberg, and Carol next door knows about him as well, so I'm wondering how that will transpire.

I would love it if Lydia got a harsh death. She's an awesome character too.

This show is amazing. Man. Can't believe it has to end. It's intimidating almost how good the writing is on this show.

Constantine

Hahah ahhh yes, tea!  My bust!

I think with the Amber Alert - looking for Holly, combined with the fact that the DEA knows Hank and Gomie is missing/dead... The authorities will do all they can to ensure everyone in ABQ knows who Heisenberg is and are looking for him.

Damnit... Being someone who is in the middle of Season 5 of the Sopranos, this sucks to read. :-(

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

• Administrator
I think with the Amber Alert - looking for Holly, combined with the fact that the DEA knows Hank and Gomie is missing/dead... The authorities will do all they can to ensure everyone in ABQ knows who Heisenberg is and are looking for him.

How does the DEA know? Weren't they still kind of off the books? Gomie was as "on the books" as it comes, and the irony of his death was that the first time he lets Hank do something off the books, they both get killed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Damnit... Being someone who is in the middle of Season 5 of the Sopranos, this sucks to read.

Take that with a grain of salt though.  Some people really hated the ending, others (like myself) thought it was pretty good.

How does the DEA know? Weren't they still kind of off the books? Gomie was as "on the books" as it comes, and the irony of his death was that the first time he lets Hank do something off the books, they both get killed.

I would imagine that information Walt shared with the ABQ (not trying to be cool, just not really in the mood to spell it wrong) police on the phone call to Skyler would get shared across agencies, no?

I'm guessing that as soon as Marie realized that Walt was not 'Dead to his Rights' she as a loving wife, called the authorities.  That combined with the Amber Alert looking for Holly, I'd say everyone in that city knows who Walter White is...

The DEA has been looking for Heisenberg for awhile - or they are at least very familiar with his product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Damnit... Being someone who is in the middle of Season 5 of the Sopranos, this sucks to read.

I still love Sopranos. It's still great. They could've gone this route with their story too, in an epic fashion, but Sopranos calculated ending (you have to rewatch all of season 6 to truly appreciate what they did) is still cool in my opinion.

Quote:

I don't think the DEA knows yet, but they will by the start of the next episode, I would imagine. Marie will tell them what she knows and there's a chance the Aryans don't know about Jesse's confession video, which she will hand over to them if it's still at her house.

I'm guessing that as soon as Marie realized that Walt was not 'Dead to his Rights' she as a loving wife, called the authorities.  That combined with the Amber Alert looking for Holly, I'd say everyone in that city knows who Walter White is...

The DEA has been looking for Heisenberg for awhile - or they are at least very familiar with his product.

I think just ABQPD knows at this point. But the DEA will definitely know very soon... likely between now and the start of the next episode.

The crazy thing is no one knows about the Nazis... I have to believe the M60 and the ricin is destined for them. Hey, there's still a glimmer of hope left for justice, right? As much as I'd love to see Lydia go down, I also hope the ricin is for Meth Damon... aka Landry from Friday Night Lights... stupid Todd.

OK, I need to go to the range to clear my head. I've been in a funk all day after this episode last night. Ugh. What a show.

Constantine

• Administrator

I don't think he ever said he was dead. Obviously he implied it, but he just said Hank was "not coming back" or something.

I think the DEA doesn't know yet, but they'll know very soon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!