teece31

How Many Wedges Do You Carry?

How many wedges do you carry?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How many wedges do you carry?

• 0 - What's a wedge?
    • 1 - I have my trusty Niblick and that's all I need.
    • 2 - Doesn't matter which two, but you'd think it would be PW and SW
    • 3 - Very common set up through the 80's and 90's.
    • 4 - Its good to have options
    • 5 - More options or is it because your PW is so delofted you had to stick in another gap wedge?
    • 6 or more - If you answer this, you'd better explain why.

422 posts / 114256 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

At the moment I'm using my PW from my set of 695 cbs and a 54.14 Spin Milled Vokey and a 60.08 Spin Milled Vokey.

For the record, I love my vokey wedges....just great feel. They feel indestructable.....if I had to pick any club as a weapon (which would not be a good thing), they would be the ones.

At the moment all I have is a Vokey Design black nickel sand wedge (56), however, on order I have a 52 gap wedge and 60 lob wedge but this time in the tour chrome finish. This completes my arsenal of wedges and will hopefully provide me with a greater repertoire of shots around the green. Should be able to get up and down from anywhere!!!!

PW, 52 and 56. I used to have 60 (in place of 3i) but decided it's been possesed by devil. Keeps making me try impossible things around the greens with 1:10 success ratio. Better off just not having the option of something stupid

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

PW, 52 and 56. I used to have 60 (in place of 3i) but decided it's been possesed by devil. Keeps making me try impossible things around the greens with 1:10 success ratio. Better off just not having the option of something stupid

I agree that its good to take stupid out of the bag. Stupid is my driver right now and its on restriction.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure if someone mentioned this, but unless you are a pretty good golfer (under 10) you might want to steer clear of a LOB wedge. I'm a 5 and I still find it difficult to judge what it will do...especially off the fairway. It's great around the green when you need to stop the ball quickly, but a 56 wedge opened up does about the same thing. Tom Watson, one of the best wedge players in the game, doesn't carry a LOB wedge.

Of course in your case you're just looking for the next step up from a PW so your idea of a 56 is a good way to go.

Three wedges for me:

46 degree PW Adams Ultimate
50.08 & 58.08 Vokeys

I've owned Clevelands 588's, Ping M/B's and Ping Tours. Of the four, the Vokeys are by far the best. I can really spin the ball and can get it to check at will which allows me to be very aggressive around the greens. I went with the 58 in lieu of the 56 and the 60 - got two clubs in one.