IGNORED

How Many Wedges Do You Carry?

How many wedges do you carry?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many wedges do you carry?

• 0 - What's a wedge?
    • 1 - I have my trusty Niblick and that's all I need.
    • 2 - Doesn't matter which two, but you'd think it would be PW and SW
    • 3 - Very common set up through the 80's and 90's.
    • 4 - Its good to have options
    • 5 - More options or is it because your PW is so delofted you had to stick in another gap wedge?
    • 6 or more - If you answer this, you'd better explain why.

• Administrator
PW

Unrelated, but I must say: I can't believe you're the first person to get "Roy McAvoy" as your username. Congrats.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 at the moment, counting my PW. They are:

48 KZG forged blade
54/10 Vokey bent to 52/08
56/10 Mizuno MP-T
60/04 Vokey

ITB:
905R Proforce V2
SS03 Fujikura Tour Platform
MD 21 Irod
MD 25 Fujikura Tour PlatformKZG Forged Blades 5-PW Rifle 5.5 Vokey SM 54/08, 60/04 Rifle Spinner Kombi 35"

At the moment I'm using my PW from my set of 695 cbs and a 54.14 Spin Milled Vokey and a 60.08 Spin Milled Vokey.

For the record, I love my vokey wedges....just great feel. They feel indestructable.....if I had to pick any club as a weapon (which would not be a good thing), they would be the ones.

905R 9.5˚ - UST Proforce V2
904F 15˚ - YS-6
695cb 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300
Vokey SM54.14 and SM60.08
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro V1x / Pro V1Cyberbilt

At the moment all I have is a Vokey Design black nickel sand wedge (56), however, on order I have a 52 gap wedge and 60 lob wedge but this time in the tour chrome finish. This completes my arsenal of wedges and will hopefully provide me with a greater repertoire of shots around the green. Should be able to get up and down from anywhere!!!!
In My Bag

Driver: Titlesit 905T (10.5 dgreees) - Aldila NV65 Reg Flex Shaft (Green)
3-Wood: Mizuno F50 (15 degrees) - Aldila NV65 Red Flex Shaft (Pink)
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Duel (19 degrees/3iron)Irons: Nike Pro Combo 4-PWSand Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design SM58.08Gap Wedge:Titleist Vokey Design...

48 degree PW that came with my dunlop set
52 wilson harmonized wedge
56 Callaway Chrome Forged sand wedge.

I'm terrible, but i have fun.

In the Bag:
Taylormade r580XD 10.5° Reg flex
3 + 5 wood - Dunlop graphite shaft parts from a set3-pw - Dunlop set that looks sorta like ping I3's (i'm sorely in need of an upgrade.)LW/SW/GW - Adams black 52, 56, 60 degree wedges.Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 34"Bac...

I carry three wedges.
Ping S59 PW(48*)
Ping Tour Wedges (56* and 60*)
What is in my Bag
s59 Tour(3-PW)
Tour Wedges (56* and 60*)
G5 Driver(10.5*)
G5 Fairways (15* and 18*) Dual Force 2 #1Home Course Indian Valley

PW, 52 and 56. I used to have 60 (in place of 3i) but decided it's been possesed by devil. Keeps making me try impossible things around the greens with 1:10 success ratio. Better off just not having the option of something stupid

PW, 52 and 56. I used to have 60 (in place of 3i) but decided it's been possesed by devil. Keeps making me try impossible things around the greens with 1:10 success ratio. Better off just not having the option of something stupid

I agree that its good to take stupid out of the bag. Stupid is my driver right now and its on restriction.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
I agree that its good to take stupid out of the bag. Stupid is my driver right now and its on restriction.

I have a few you can try when you get here Thursday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have a few you can try when you get here Thursday.

Heh, heh. Nice.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Not sure if someone mentioned this, but unless you are a pretty good golfer (under 10) you might want to steer clear of a LOB wedge. I'm a 5 and I still find it difficult to judge what it will do...especially off the fairway. It's great around the green when you need to stop the ball quickly, but a 56 wedge opened up does about the same thing. Tom Watson, one of the best wedge players in the game, doesn't carry a LOB wedge.

Of course in your case you're just looking for the next step up from a PW so your idea of a 56 is a good way to go.

Rick
http://www.golf-club-revue.com

"Golf either brings out your ego...or your heart."

• 2 weeks later...
I play four wedges

MP-60 PW 47*
MP-T GP 51*
CG-10 56*
CG-10 60*

10-15 yards distance change for each club.
The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51° 56°(10)/60°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

• 2 weeks later...

Three wedges for me:

46 degree PW Adams Ultimate
50.08 & 58.08 Vokeys

I've owned Clevelands 588's, Ping M/B's and Ping Tours. Of the four, the Vokeys are by far the best. I can really spin the ball and can get it to check at will which allows me to be very aggressive around the greens. I went with the 58 in lieu of the 56 and the 60 - got two clubs in one.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

Four right now but might be three soon

TM MB PW (48d)
Vokey 200 Series (52d)
Vokey Spin Milled (56, 60)
In the bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5* NV-Stiff
Woods: (Tour Issue) 906f2 15* Speeder-Stiff
Irons: 695CBWedges: Vokey 252.08, Vokey Spin Milled 256.14Putter: Studio Stainless 2.5 (35 1/2" 350g)Ball: Pro V1x (Low #'s)