IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo+

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, billchao said:

Will the club data be measured? If so, that might still work for me at home.

Face angle isn't/can't be. The ones that a radar can measure are measured. Which is most of them.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Face angle isn't/can't be. The ones that a radar can measure are measured. Which is most of them.

Makes sense.

I measured my hitting area. The way I typically set up my net, I have ~8’ of flight, which according to the manual online is all I need. That gives me just enough room to set the Mevo+ 8’ behind the ball if I put it right along my fence.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, billchao said:

Makes sense.

I measured my hitting area. The way I typically set up my net, I have ~8’ of flight, which according to the manual online is all I need. That gives me just enough room to set the Mevo+ 8’ behind the ball if I put it right along my fence.

Your ball speed is ridiculously low, so you'll be fine with even 6'. 😉

• Funny 3

I just got the unit yesterday and will be testing it out today. I reconfigured my net area so I have 8 feet behind and 8.5 to 9 in front to the net. I can’t film DTL in this spot, but I can switch back to the other spot for DTL video when needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, iacas said:

What's the difference between explicitly measuring face angle (which the m+ doesn't do right?) versus offering path and face to path (which the m+ does do)?

8 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

What's the difference between explicitly measuring face angle (which the m+ doesn't do right?) versus offering path and face to path (which the m+ does do)?

It’s calculated? 😃

• Administrator
4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

They can't measure the face angle, so they can't actually "measure" face to path.

For example (and the numbers will be close but not exact), I remember seeing Boo Weekley's Trackman data. He had a path 1° left with a face 2° right and every ball started right and drew back to the target. That's because it was calculated, and he was actually hitting it slightly on the toe. So the twisting and the gear effect start line had it out to the right, so the face was calculated to be there, but the gear effect then had the ball drawing when you would otherwise expect to see a cut based on those numbers.

• Informative 2

• Administrator

I may look into buying a stand for my Mevo+.

I've seen metal ones. I don't know if they'd interfere, but they're obviously much more solid/durable. But when I say I've seen them, I've seen them on videos, but I haven't seen where to buy them.

There are 3D printed ones, like this one:

I've created a stand for the FlightScope Mevo+ Launch Monitor. There are times where I use the Mevo+ in my simulator room and then take it out to the driving range and then back to my simulator so I wanted something...

It's $40 (skip the first post, he simplified the design).

34 minutes ago, iacas said:

I've seen metal ones. I don't know if they'd interfere, but they're obviously much more solid/durable. But when I say I've seen them, I've seen them on videos, but I haven't seen where to buy them.

Looks like you can buy a metal one here, although it's very expensive compared to the one you linked.

Flightscopefixedalignmentdock_600x600.pn

Flightscope Mevo Plus - Fixed Alignment Dock Shop Indoor Golf is the Exclusive Supplier of the Mevo+ Alignment Dock in the USA   A precise...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

"Alignment Dock" gets you the search results, I see. Thank you.

I think I'll try the plastic ones first. $250 is a bit more than I suspected it might be. I do like that it's more of a full cage, but… then again, even $40 for a plastic printed one might be overkill.

I guess the metal doesn't interfere, really. It's not moving, and it's not in front of the device's radar path, so I don't imagine it would.

Does the Mevo+ have tripod mounting threads like the Mevo?

I use my Mevo on a tiny tripod to raise it to the level of my hitting mat, wondering if the Mevo+ can do the same.

• Administrator

I'm also looking at the lifetime license for this:

That it won't work without an iPad with cellular (the iPad WiFi connects to the Mevo+) is a bit of a negative, but I've asked them if using an iPhone with its cellular + WiFi could work to project to an AppleTV hooked to a projector.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I've created a stand for the FlightScope Mevo+ Launch Monitor. There are times where I use the Mevo+ in my simulator room and then take it out to the driving range and then back to my...

I made one out of a piece of scrap wood and some screws. It’s a bit Dr Emmet Brown, but it worked for my driveway. I may refine it with bolts.

On 11/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, iacas said:

I've created a stand for the FlightScope Mevo+ Launch...

I bought one for mine awhile back it’s a little different, it has a plexiglass shield in front of it to protect the Mevo+ from bounce backs. Though I’ve never needed it yet. I think it was $45 shipped, I got it from the same guy as in the other topic.

7E209E65-980F-481F-8014-87126E4CEABE.thumb.jpeg.ca51b131dc0843754ce3b440b6a22a96.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Slowcelica said:

I bought one for mine awhile back it’s a little different, it has a plexiglass shield in front of it to protect the Mevo+ from bounce backs. Though I’ve never needed it yet. I think it was $45 shipped, I got it from the same guy as in the other topic.

Yep:

• 4 weeks later...
  • iacas changed the title to FlightScope Mevo+