Jump to content
IGNORED

Flightscope Mevo+


Recommended Posts

  • Moderator

There's a thread in Golfwrx where someone mentioned a Mevo 2 is in the works and that you'll be able to trade up, price point is higher, dunno what the new device will track in addition to the current data. Again, this is secondhand info being overheard, I did a search for Mevo 2 on social media and the internet, nothing.

Update — you can get one here:

home-image-stevie-B.png

The best affordable portable personal launch monitor for golf. FlightScope Mevo includes a ball flight tracker and swing monitor mobile app.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 1 month later...

Interesting.... When's the PGA show?  Jan 22nd?

from the PGA 2020 Merchandise Show website:

FlightScope Mevo+ is a game-changing 3D Doppler Tracking Radar offering skills combines, golf course simulation, gamification and video capabilities in addition to its 15 accurate data parameters. Mevo+ gives golfers the versatility of indoor and outdoor practice and simulation capabilities with performance data they can trust for under $2,000.

Edited by dennyjones
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Interesting.... When's the PGA show?  Jan 22nd?

from the PGA 2020 Merchandise Show website:

FlightScope Mevo+ is a game-changing 3D Doppler Tracking Radar offering skills combines, golf course simulation, gamification and video capabilities in addition to its 15 accurate data parameters. Mevo+ gives golfers the versatility of indoor and outdoor practice and simulation capabilities with performance data they can trust for under $2,000.

So something more similar to a SkyTrak? I'll be interested to see this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas changed the title to FlightScope Mevo+

mevo seemed cool, but i had seen that you had to put little stickers on the balls to get the spin rate. which is obviously pretty shitty unless you have the ability to hit your own balls and retrieve them. or can you just hit them into a net? either way, not a great option for those who use monitors at the driving range. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, downbylaw11 said:

mevo seemed cool, but i had seen that you had to put little stickers on the balls to get the spin rate. which is obviously pretty shitty unless you have the ability to hit your own balls and retrieve them. or can you just hit them into a net? either way, not a great option for those who use monitors at the driving range. 

You didn't really need the stickers.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/training/flightscope_mevo_personal_launch_monitor_review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Will the Mevo + still setup with a down the line view like the first Mevo?

With my son being a lefty and me being a righty, I don't want to have to change the location of the launch monitor when we both use it, which I believe is what we would have to do with a SkyTrak? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
2 hours ago, The Flush said:

Will the Mevo + still setup with a down the line view like the first Mevo?

With my son being a lefty and me being a righty, I don't want to have to change the location of the launch monitor when we both use it, which I believe is what we would have to do with a SkyTrak? 

It’s still radar so yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator

Ah, so here's the details.

home-image-stevie-B.png

The best affordable portable personal launch monitor for golf. FlightScope Mevo includes a ball flight tracker and swing monitor mobile app.

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 4.00.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 4.00.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 3.59.31 PM.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

Seems like something I’ve always wanted, but how much use would I really get out of it? Maybe two, three times a year? Not worth the cost considering I can use the Trackman at my gym for like $50 an hour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
3 hours ago, billchao said:

Seems like something I’ve always wanted, but how much use would I really get out of it? Maybe two, three times a year? Not worth the cost considering I can use the Trackman at my gym for like $50 an hour.

Really? Only two or three times per year? Why not "twice a week hitting into your net?"

I'll have more on this very soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I do a Google search for Mevo + a camera comes up!   Makes me wonder who has the rights to use "Mevo".    I guess it doesn't matter to me but seems odd.    The ability to play courses may make this worthwhile.

Annotation 2020-01-21 201646.png

Edited by dennyjones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
32 minutes ago, iacas said:

Really? Only two or three times per year? Why not "twice a week hitting into your net?"

If I’m working on a specific piece, do I really need to have the radar data? Half the time I’m not even hitting full shots.

I always looked at that information more as something to check once in a while, like at the start of the season I need to work on X, then midway through I can check my numbers again and see how I progressed, etc.

There’s the very real possibility I’ll be looking at numbers every time I practice and start trying to do too much, losing sight of what I should be focusing on. Oh, and it costs $2,000 😃

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
54 minutes ago, billchao said:

If I’m working on a specific piece, do I really need to have the radar data? Half the time I’m not even hitting full shots.

I always looked at that information more as something to check once in a while, like at the start of the season I need to work on X, then midway through I can check my numbers again and see how I progressed, etc.

There’s the very real possibility I’ll be looking at numbers every time I practice and start trying to do too much, losing sight of what I should be focusing on. Oh, and it costs $2,000 😃

Fair enough.

I think you're on the edge, though. You're "serious" but maybe just outside the handicap range where you'd want to keep an eye on some numbers often.

And with winter… because I think a 10-15 in a full-time-playing location could get use out of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, iacas said:

I think you're on the edge, though. You're "serious" but maybe just outside the handicap range where you'd want to keep an eye on some numbers often.

I kind of feel that way, too. Trying to talk myself out of this purchase for now. Maybe next year.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

And with winter… because I think a 10-15 in a full-time-playing location could get use out of it.

Yea, if I had the space to practice in my house I’d probably get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas changed the title to Flightscope Mevo+

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
  • Posts

    • It's not that. It's very disjointed. Left hand a little strong, right hand weak.
    • I wish she would have mentioned if all those patients that showed up at her clinic were vaccinated or unvaccinated, or a combination of both.  Otherwise, reassuring.
    • Recorded some DTL swings after my round today. Need to figure out how to upload videos from the Live View Pro app on my tablet to youtube. I think the Live View Pro camera works great as a digital mirror, but video quality is pretty low on recorded swings, especially on downswing. I'll try to find the highest quality video and post it here. Will get FO view later this week, and may get DTL again using my iPhone.
    • What are the symptoms of the omicron variant? — Quartz The South African doctor who identified omicron describes the symptoms as "mild" in her patients.  
    • I know, you don’t like my index finger, correct?
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. BW859
      BW859
      (41 years old)
    2. gg194
      gg194
      (76 years old)
    3. grantisadrummer
      grantisadrummer
      (29 years old)
    4. NuclearMike
      NuclearMike
      (66 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...