30 posts / 4214 viewsLast Reply

There's a thread in Golfwrx where someone mentioned a Mevo 2 is in the works and that you'll be able to trade up, price point is higher, dunno what the new device will track in addition to the current data. Again, this is secondhand info being overheard, I did a search for Mevo 2 on social media and the internet, nothing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Interesting.... When's the PGA show?  Jan 22nd?

from the PGA 2020 Merchandise Show website:

FlightScope Mevo+ is a game-changing 3D Doppler Tracking Radar offering skills combines, golf course simulation, gamification and video capabilities in addition to its 15 accurate data parameters. Mevo+ gives golfers the versatility of indoor and outdoor practice and simulation capabilities with performance data they can trust for under $2,000.

Edited by dennyjones

10 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Interesting.... When's the PGA show?  Jan 22nd?

from the PGA 2020 Merchandise Show website:

FlightScope Mevo+ is a game-changing 3D Doppler Tracking Radar offering skills combines, golf course simulation, gamification and video capabilities in addition to its 15 accurate data parameters. Mevo+ gives golfers the versatility of indoor and outdoor practice and simulation capabilities with performance data they can trust for under $2,000.

So something more similar to a SkyTrak? I'll be interested to see this.

mevo seemed cool, but i had seen that you had to put little stickers on the balls to get the spin rate. which is obviously pretty shitty unless you have the ability to hit your own balls and retrieve them. or can you just hit them into a net? either way, not a great option for those who use monitors at the driving range. 

10 minutes ago, downbylaw11 said:

mevo seemed cool, but i had seen that you had to put little stickers on the balls to get the spin rate. which is obviously pretty shitty unless you have the ability to hit your own balls and retrieve them. or can you just hit them into a net? either way, not a great option for those who use monitors at the driving range. 

You didn't really need the stickers.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/training/flightscope_mevo_personal_launch_monitor_review

Will the Mevo + still setup with a down the line view like the first Mevo?

With my son being a lefty and me being a righty, I don't want to have to change the location of the launch monitor when we both use it, which I believe is what we would have to do with a SkyTrak? 

2 hours ago, The Flush said:

Will the Mevo + still setup with a down the line view like the first Mevo?

With my son being a lefty and me being a righty, I don't want to have to change the location of the launch monitor when we both use it, which I believe is what we would have to do with a SkyTrak? 

It’s still radar so yes.

Ah, so here's the details.

home-image-stevie-B.png

The best affordable portable personal launch monitor for golf and baseball. FlightScope Mevo includes a ball flight tracker and swing monitor mobile app.

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 4.00.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 4.00.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 3.59.31 PM.png

Seems like something I’ve always wanted, but how much use would I really get out of it? Maybe two, three times a year? Not worth the cost considering I can use the Trackman at my gym for like $50 an hour.

3 hours ago, billchao said:

Seems like something I’ve always wanted, but how much use would I really get out of it? Maybe two, three times a year? Not worth the cost considering I can use the Trackman at my gym for like $50 an hour.

Really? Only two or three times per year? Why not "twice a week hitting into your net?"

I'll have more on this very soon.

When I do a Google search for Mevo + a camera comes up!   Makes me wonder who has the rights to use "Mevo".    I guess it doesn't matter to me but seems odd.    The ability to play courses may make this worthwhile.

Annotation 2020-01-21 201646.png

Edited by dennyjones

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

Really? Only two or three times per year? Why not "twice a week hitting into your net?"

If I’m working on a specific piece, do I really need to have the radar data? Half the time I’m not even hitting full shots.

I always looked at that information more as something to check once in a while, like at the start of the season I need to work on X, then midway through I can check my numbers again and see how I progressed, etc.

There’s the very real possibility I’ll be looking at numbers every time I practice and start trying to do too much, losing sight of what I should be focusing on. Oh, and it costs $2,000 😃

Yeah. The 2K is a big ask. But will wait and see it in action and reviews, etc.

I’m guessing the WiFi connectivity is more solid than the Bluetooth. 

54 minutes ago, billchao said:

If I’m working on a specific piece, do I really need to have the radar data? Half the time I’m not even hitting full shots.

I always looked at that information more as something to check once in a while, like at the start of the season I need to work on X, then midway through I can check my numbers again and see how I progressed, etc.

There’s the very real possibility I’ll be looking at numbers every time I practice and start trying to do too much, losing sight of what I should be focusing on. Oh, and it costs $2,000 😃

Fair enough.

I think you're on the edge, though. You're "serious" but maybe just outside the handicap range where you'd want to keep an eye on some numbers often.

And with winter… because I think a 10-15 in a full-time-playing location could get use out of it.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I think you're on the edge, though. You're "serious" but maybe just outside the handicap range where you'd want to keep an eye on some numbers often.

I kind of feel that way, too. Trying to talk myself out of this purchase for now. Maybe next year.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

And with winter… because I think a 10-15 in a full-time-playing location could get use out of it.

Yea, if I had the space to practice in my house I’d probably get it.