IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo+

Saw one for the first time in the wild yesterday. I mean I've seen them before in instructor studios and stores, but not like one owned and used by a normie golfer used in a typical range. Forgot to ask him if he got the upgrade.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

7 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Saw one for the first time in the wild yesterday. I mean I've seen them before in instructor studios and stores, but not like one owned and used by a normie golfer used in a typical range. Forgot to ask him if he got the upgrade.

I've seen a couple of the regular Mevos and other lower end launch monitors at the range before but havent seen a Mevo+ in person yet.

Driver: :callaway: Epic Flash Sub Zero
Woods:  :ping: G425 3Wood:ping: G410 3 Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :scotty_cameron:  2018 Select Fastback
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

$300 trade in for Mevo+ available now. Fine print says available only to US customers.

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 5.01.17 PM.png

Trade up to Mevo+ Trade-in your Mevo for a Mevo+ to upgrade to the most accurate practice and entertainment experience. Get a $300...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

4 minutes ago, The Flush said:

That is only $100 cheaper than what the Mevo+ has been on sale for in the past

So what? The cost of nearly everything is increasing. It's unlikely that they'll reduce the normal price anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, The Flush said:

It is only and OK deal to me.

But if you already have a Mevo and were planning on upgrading to the Mevo+ and don't want to deal with the hassle of listing the Mevo for sale on a forum/Facebook/Craigslist then it's probably worth it to just send it back to them for the $300 credit.

Driver: :callaway: Epic Flash Sub Zero
Woods:  :ping: G425 3Wood:ping: G410 3 Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :scotty_cameron:  2018 Select Fastback
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, The Flush said:

That is only $100 cheaper than what the Mevo+ has been on sale for in the past. It is only and OK deal to me.

And you got to USE the Mevo for like 3+ years at this point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I will probably still get one eventually, but I was just hoping for a slightly better deal. For now I need to prioritize some spending.  A new mattress and better sleep might improve my game more than a Mevo+ right now.

War Eagle!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Special Masters Savings on Mevo/Mevo+!

Save 10% on the incredible FlightScope Mevo and Mevo+ for a limited time! Click here for Mevo, here for Mevo+, or just click here for the FlightScope Store (https://store.flightscopemevo.com/iacas). The discount is automatically applied this week, Masters week!

That's:

• $200 off Mevo+
  • $50 off Mevo

Both have free shipping!

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Can you combine this with the trade-in? I’m guessing not. Worth asking though?

Steve

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Can you combine this with the trade-in? I’m guessing not. Worth asking though?

I asked. I'll let you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, iacas said:

I asked. I'll let you know.

The answer is a homophone for "know." 🙂

2 hours ago, iacas said:

The answer is a homophone for "know." 🙂

Oh well. I had to ask. 

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Saw second Mevo Plus in the wild. Short on time didn’t accost golfer using it. Looked like he was having trouble with placement, moved stalls and moving Mevo+ around. 

Steve

• 2 months later...

I think I have the opportunity to buy a used Mevo + for $1000. The seller bought a GC3 and is offering it only to us (my son really) for this price. My son has a summer job at a golf course and the seller is a member who sees my son frequently and plays golf with him frequently. It seems like this is too good a deal to pass up unless we find out it has been abused.  What else do we need to be concerned with?  Is the E6 or any other software transferable or will we have to buy something to use it with?  Our main use will be outdoors into a net with no putting, so no true sim play. It will be for practice mostly.

War Eagle!

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, The Flush said:

I think I have the opportunity to buy a used Mevo + for $1000. The seller bought a GC3 and is offering it only to us (my son really) for this price. My son has a summer job at a golf course and the seller is a member who sees my son frequently and plays golf with him frequently. It seems like this is too good a deal to pass up unless we find out it has been abused.  What else do we need to be concerned with?  Is the E6 or any other software transferable or will we have to buy something to use it with?  Our main use will be outdoors into a net with no putting, so no true sim play. It will be for practice mostly.

E6 probably won't come over if he used the license.

But, yeah, ask to see it and if it looks okay, you should be fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

I bought the used Mevo+ along with the seller's iPad that he used with it. I am not sure how well he or myself thought this through, but he has not factory reset the iPad with the intent that I could still use the E6 app license. I haven't used it yet because he didn't give me the iPad PIN yet. I am not an Apple guy, but it doesn't seem like a good idea for me to have access to his iTunes account or anything else left of the iPad. I figure I will probably factory reset it and use my own account even if I lose E6. I think I also need to get him to turn off find my iPhone from his iTunes account.

However I do have a question about whether the E6 license is tied to the iTunes account from which the app was downloaded or is it tied to the iPad itself or something else? What if instead of factory resetting I just logged into my iTunes account ran E6, would the license still work?  The seller gave me his E6 email and password.  My son set all of this up, so there is a lot I am uncertain of.

War Eagle!

• 1 month later...

So I kind of feel dumb for asking this, but how do you line up the ball to the target properly? Given what I know about my swing and the fact that it kept telling me I was swinging 7° left today, I don't think I'm doing it properly.

You just line up the ball with the target line on the screen, right? That's obvious. Except for some reason my target line is always slightly offset from the ball (for parallax?) and I can't seem to rectify that.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I assume you've already checked to see if there is some sort of calibration that can be done to the unit to verify aim? 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert