IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

85770c214e3cdfd19a561c5aa7bfe598

A draft contract to play for Saudi-funded LIV Golf includes clauses that require players be available to recruit other players to the league and to get permission before granting exclusive...

Uuummmm….isn’t this what Mickelson called Obnoxious Greed?

The newspaper said the draft contract indicates players broadly sign away their media rights from LIV events, similar to PGA Tour regulations.”

I get that LIV is paying them a lot more, so maybe they think it’s a better deal.  The Judge also stated that the LIV contracts are more restrictive than PGA Tour ones.   

I mean just look into the cameras and say “it’s a money grab and I don’t care who pays me”.  That’s the only explanation as all the others have been debunked from the LIV talking points.

except growing the game.   But the game is Phil Mickelson’s nickname for his bank account 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 2

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I am reinstalling Twitter to follow this account and if the video was done by someone else, follow them as well.   Hilarious!   And yeah, you don’t believe how bad the top 4 are when you see who number 5 is.  But the logic perfectly works!

—Adam

I started to post this in the US Amateur thread, but don't want to derail that discussion with LIV....but I was absolutely shocked to see David Puig in there after competing in multiple LIV events.  Turns out, he has not accepted any prize money or contract money from LIV in order to keep his amateur status.

Makes for an interesting case, since by playing in those tournaments, he forfeit his chance to join Korn Ferry or another PGA Tour Umbrella tour through NCAA standings.  But he's not accepting money from LIV, presumably to return to school for his senior year, so he doesn't have income or a long term future with LIV either. 

-Eric

On 8/17/2022 at 9:20 PM, Vinsk said:
9fa21ae34e064e1cbe620dd6d943a416.jpg?wid

The Wall Street Journal is reporting LIV Golf players need permission to grant exclusive interviews and agree to help...

Pat Perez had no comment about this story.

Driver - Callaway Razr

3-wood - TM Stealth

7-wood - Titleist 

Irons - 5 through PW, Epon 503

Vokey Wedges

Putter - Odyssey TriHot 2

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Friz said:

I started to post this in the US Amateur thread, but don't want to derail that discussion with LIV....but I was absolutely shocked to see David Puig in there after competing in multiple LIV events.  Turns out, he has not accepted any prize money or contract money from LIV in order to keep his amateur status.

Makes for an interesting case, since by playing in those tournaments, he forfeit his chance to join Korn Ferry or another PGA Tour Umbrella tour through NCAA standings.  But he's not accepting money from LIV, presumably to return to school for his senior year, so he doesn't have income or a long term future with LIV either. 

It may be deferred until he turns pro. Wink wink.

Also, I feel like this does more to show why LIV shouldn't get OWGR. Chase moves up 589 spots? Another guy moves up 660? No thank you.

Also…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
image-5.png

We have all the details on what was said at Tiger's secret meeting as the PGA Tour elite circle the wagons

• Funny 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, iacas said:
image-5.png

We have all the details on what was said at Tiger's secret meeting as the PGA Tour elite circle the wagons

If the response to LIV is just to copy what they’re doing, you can count me out on professional golf. No cut events for sixty players? Incredibly disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

College football is going into the crapper with NIL money and free agency..... now pro golf. I know the PGAT has to do something to combat the Saudis but all these proposed changes are a big negative for me. I'm probably in the minority but I will be watching very little golf other than some true amateur events. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

33 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

If the response to LIV is just to copy what they’re doing, you can count me out on professional golf. No cut events for sixty players? Incredibly disappointing.

This was my immediate thought.  Ignoring the money, the format of the LIV tournaments suck.  I will likely be tuning out if thats also what the PGA Tour turns into

-Eric

1 hour ago, jbishop15 said:

I also thought that and the article seems to claim that the top players are somehow trying to take advantage and use this for their own purposes.   Which would lead me to believe that there are a lot fewer good guys than I though.

and I’m totally agreeing with @jbishop15 here, I doubt i would be anything more than minorly invested in professional golf if the PGAT try and use this as a power grab.  Or they copy LIV.

we’ll have to see what happens.

—Adam

Yeah. If accurate, that’s disappointing. I hope this doesn’t turn into a competition with the PGA Tour vs LIV on who can set up the most enticing no-cut tournaments for the top players.

Big (oil) money seems hell-bent on infiltrating every big sport out there and make it so much about money that the competitive aspect of it all comes second. It’s not healthy and quickly makes me lose interest in what’s going on.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
AA10QWyN.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=

Perez was one of the 11 LIV golfers named as plaintiffs against the PGA Tour, but said Friday he as "no ill feelings toward the PGA Tour" and that he has removed himself from the lawsuit.

og_image.png

Golf & Lifestyle: Video. Podcast. Merch. Travel. Events. Community. #GetInvolved

This makes me feel a lot better about what might becoming from the players. It paints a much more competitive-focused picture. I hope its true. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I don't have a problem with no-cut events. I get the argument that having a cut makes it a more difficult or risky thing...but the same thing can be said about having to qualify for a tournament. There were big objections to the "all exempt" tour when this was started, and the arguments were basically the same. But we got used to it, and the fact that a huge part of the field doesn't have to qualify for PGA Tour events is widely accepted now. I think qualifying and 36 hole cuts are remnants of a day when prize money was very limited, and they needed to reduce the number of players cashing checks in order to make the first prize money high enough to entice people to play. With the amount of money in the game now, it's different. I don't see a problem with a two-tiered tournament structure, with guaranteed payouts, any of it. If it's what the players want and the economy supports it, then more power to them. There was some opposition to the Fed Ex Cup when it began, saying golf didn't need a playoff system or an annual championship or whatever you want to call it, but hey we adjusted and now it seems people like it. I hope it's the same with all these proposed changes, if they are adopted, and we can stop talking about LIV and what's good or not good for golf, and just start watching golf and playing golf again. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

1 hour ago, jbishop15 said:

These are great changes.  Addresses getting top players in the same tournaments more often while not taking away from the schedule or format of tournaments.  Appropriately finances all players without taking away an incentive to perform well.

-Eric