IGNORED

Advice Needed - Lost My Handicap

djake
Note: This thread is 1392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I need advice on how to best proceed with this. 

I went to log into my handicap service and my log in ID, password, email address - nothing existed.  I am no longer in the system.  I am not sure why my auto pay went thru but that was the least of my concerns.  I can deal with the autopay issue separate.

For some crazy reason I have virtually every score card for the last 5 + years.  How far back should I go in entering my data? The last 2 seasons I have been injured so I have a low number of rounds.

I need some type of index for the end of April as I am playing in a 4 day event that requires an index.  The event is over multiple courses.

Mods - if this should be in a different area please move the post.  I did look around the site but did not find anything mentioning this but I did do a quick look.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, djake said:

I need advice on how to best proceed with this. 

I went to log into my handicap service and my log in ID, password, email address - nothing existed.  I am no longer in the system.  I am not sure why my auto pay went thru but that was the least of my concerns.  I can deal with the autopay issue separate.

For some crazy reason I have virtually every score card for the last 5 + years.  How far back should I go in entering my data? The last 2 seasons I have been injured so I have a low number of rounds.

I need some type of index for the end of April as I am playing in a 4 day event that requires an index.  The event is over multiple courses.

Mods - if this should be in a different area please move the post.  I did look around the site but did not find anything mentioning this but I did do a quick look.

Was it through GHIN?  Do you know your GHIN #?

Once you pay, all your info should be available to you once again through whatever club/association you are associated with.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

10 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Was it through GHIN?  Do you know your GHIN #?

Once you pay, all your info should be available to you once again through whatever club/association you are associated with.

I had that info printed but in a separate area and my wife inadvertently tossed it away.  I had it stored on my laptop and that crashed and was not in my cloud back up so I lost it.  I do not know my GHIN# regrettably.

- Dean

Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6

1 minute ago, djake said:

I had that info printed but in a separate area and my wife inadvertently tossed it away.  I had it stored on my laptop and that crashed and was not in my cloud back up so I lost it.  I do not know my GHIN# regrettably.

The course where you kept your GHIN handicap may have your number.

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

The course where you kept your GHIN handicap may have your number.

I was online.  I do not belong to a course.  There was a course associated for my service but I cannot remember which one.  It was in the norther suburbs of the Twin Cities.  And I never did pay much attention to that.  I was all over the statistics though

Should I go back 2 years and enter those scores only? Or should I enter all the scores I have?

I have the dates of each round on the score cards.

- Dean

I was online.  I do not belong to a course.  There was a course associated for my service but I cannot remember which one.  It was in the norther suburbs of the Twin Cities.  And I never did pay much attention to that.  I was all over the statistics though

I'd suggest getting a new GHIN handicap... though, in the transaction, it may cross reference to you old account based on name and state.  Do you have enough time to post 8 scores before the end of April when your tournament is scheduled?

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'd suggest getting a new GHIN handicap... though, in the transaction, it may cross reference to you old account based on name and state.  Do you have enough time to post 8 scores before the end of April when your tournament is scheduled?

I will find the time to get 8 score posted - can they be from last season?  Or do I just go with new scores from 2020?  If the 2nd question is true only nature will let me get 8 rounds in Minnesota.  I have played once this year in South Carolina.

- Dean

I will find the time to get 8 score posted - can they be from last season?  Or do I just go with new scores from 2020?  If the 2nd question is true only nature will let me get 8 rounds in Minnesota.  I have played once this year in South Carolina.

I would think that your last 8... or 20 scores could be posted.  Otherwise I think a quick trip to Arizona is in order... 😀

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I would think that your last 8... or 20 scores could be posted.  Otherwise I think a quick trip to Arizona is in order... 😀

I am all over a quick trip to AZ, oh how I have had enough of this cold and snow.

I will get the last 20 rounds I have played downloaded tonight.

Thank you for the help

- Dean

If you had an account that gave you a handicap index through GHIN, your data is all still there.  If at all possible, find a way to link your new account with your existing scoring record.  What handicap service did you use?  What handicap service do you plan to use for your "new" handicap?  The best thing might be to explain to the new one what happened, and see if the old data can be linked in.  The last thing you should want is to have two sets of scoring records out there for one player, that looks like shady dealing to many people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

GHIN sends me a monthly newsletter/email along with my handicap - if you have that and didn’t delete immediately as junk mail, you can try searching your email history?

4 hours ago, djake said:

I am not sure why my auto pay went thru

Check who the payment was paid to and contact them.
They will be able to send you your user name / profile and then simply go to the site and request a password reset.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• iacas changed the title to Advice Needed - Lost My Handicap
  • Administrator

Like Dave said:

• If you had a GHIN number, your data is all still there. They only recycle GHIN numbers after a few years.
  • Find your old GHIN number, if so. Re-attach yourself to that account.
  • You may not see your old round data, but it's all still there. Your handicap will have been updated for the WHS method (best 8 of last 20).
  • If you're not using GHIN, contact the group through whom you had a handicap.

It'll be fine.

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)

We do our GHIN online as well and they use our cell phone number as the GHIN number.

We can also search by name in the Index lookup and I was thinking that showed the number. This could just be in TN though, now that I think about it

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, TN94z said:

We do our GHIN online as well and they use our cell phone number as the GHIN number.

I’d be very surprised if so. Regions are given specific sets of numbers.

You can go to GHIN.com and log in with your phone number and last name?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)
7 minutes ago, iacas said:

I’d be very surprised if so. Regions are given specific sets of numbers.

You can go to GHIN.com and log in with your phone number and last name?

Yes. In TN. Me and my son both do it that way. When not signing up through a course, we are setup as web users. It will associate us with a course, but not signed up "through" a course if that makes sense. I have to renew ours. Once I do that, I can show a screenshot if you'd like.

Just looked. It's called "EClub West TN"

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

5 minutes ago, TN94z said:

Yes. In TN. Me and my son both do it that way. When not signing up through a course, we are setup as web users. It will associate us with a course, but not signed up "through" a course if that makes sense. I have to renew ours. Once I do that, I can show a screenshot if you'd like.

Just looked. It's called "EClub West TN"

Are you sure that the cell number isn’t your user name?  There should still be an actual GHIN number.  If not, it’s completely different from what I’ve seen anywhere else, which seems unlikely since GHIN is a USGA product used nationally.

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!