IGNORED

Mizuno Irons

Note: This thread is 1393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I tested some Mizuno MP's today, even with an injured hand and I have to say I liked them.  Has anyone played the MP-20's or the HMB series?  

I currently play Ping i500's and really like them but I need a second set of clubs and thought Mizuno might be the way to go.

Any thoughts?

9 hours ago, deenic said:

I tested some Mizuno MP's today, even with an injured hand and I have to say I liked them.  Has anyone played the MP-20's or the HMB series?  

I currently play Ping i500's and really like them but I need a second set of clubs and thought Mizuno might be the way to go.

Any thoughts?

I've played the MP-57 and 59 and have the 60 and 68 six irons that I got from a golf shop that was closing to test out (they were $5 each!). Mizuno makes nice irons. The 20 Muscle back and MMC feel more like the 68 and 59 IMO. I've hit them. Both very smooth feeling at contact with the MMC a bit more muted like the 59. 

I didn't like the HMB feel. It did have the "like butter" feel with center contact.

I moved this thread to the Clubs... section too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have not played those models but I played the MP32 for 15 years or more. One of my favorite irons of all time. Mizuno is a great choice in irons. I would have bought Mizuno for my new set but ran up on a deal I could not refuse.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I've played the MP-57 and 59 and have the 60 and 68 six irons that I got from a golf shop that was closing to test out (they were $5 each!). Mizuno makes nice irons. The 20 Muscle back and MMC feel more like the 68 and 59 IMO.

At $5 a club, I would have bought the sets without even testing them, provided the shafts were correct.  In fact, if money permitted, I would have bought multiple sets just for fun.  You could have resold a few online to recover your money and then had a few sets available for free☺️

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

7 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

At $5 a club, I would have bought the sets without even testing them, provided the shafts were correct. 

They were demo irons. All 6 irons. I've used them to test different shafts.

Scott

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

They were demo irons. All 6 irons. I've used them to test different shafts.

You still could have bought them and been well on your way to your own ARod bag 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

16 minutes ago, billchao said:

You still could have bought them and been well on your way to your own ARod bag 😜

Well I have an MP-57 (2), 58, 59, 60 and 68. Maybe @nevets88 can lend me his 54 and I'll have half a set!

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Well I have an MP-57 (2), 58, 59, 60 and 68. Maybe @nevets88 can lend me his 54 and I'll have half a set!

Lol. I use Mizunos @boogielicious, but not wedges. I wouldn't mind having a set though!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 months later...

Quick question....I’ve owned my Mizuno JPX 900 and really like them. Here’s my issue. I bought them 3 years ago and the faces on my 8, 9 and wedge are very worn.  I’ve owned numerous Ping irons much longer then I’ve owned my Mizuno 

has as anyone else had this problem ?

• 1 month later...

@deenic Did you end up getting the MP-20s?  I had a fitting last week and it came down to i500 vs MP-20 HMBs.  I'm curious if you have both, what you think of each in comparison?

I went to Hot Stix and had a full bag custom fitting, shafts and everything.  I found the Mizuno MP-20's went as far as the Ping i500's roughly and I did like hitting both.  However, during the fitting I found that the Taylormade P-790's went about 10 yards further than both the Ping and Mizuno irons without losing any accuracy, so it was hard to deny the results.  I ended up buying a set of Taylormade irons as a result.  

Note: This thread is 1393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!