Jump to content
IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic


iacas

Recommended Posts

A few thoughts/replies to things that have been said.

I don't ever get sick, so am very susceptible to strong drugs.  I got valacyclovir for my shingles, and the first night I could not sleep and was hallucinating really weird stuff.  I wound up sitting up all night because the sores are on my head where I would be laying down on them.

As far as staying in your system, waiting to strike again, my doctor-like-person said that, too, and mentioned poison ivy.  I told her, yeah, I have that, too, from 1986, and it still pops up every now and then.

During the diagnosis I mentioned something sounding informed, and she said, "Dr. Google, huh?"  😁

I am at one week since I noticed the first bumps, and it has stopped spreading, it is annoying/itchy, but not painful, and the bumps are scaling over, not "ripe" any more.

- - - - - - - -

As for the several mask comments, once the message changed to masking being a good thing, it's amazing how less distressing WalMart became, how many follow the message.

Like seatbelts, some will always prefer to be ejected rather than protected.  😷

Edited by Ole Duffer

Man of the Year in Michigan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1st shot of Pfizer is in  the books.

Had to drive 2 hours to Plattsburgh, but it is what it is!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

46 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

Like seatbelts, some will always prefer to be ejected rather than protected.  😷

👍👍

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Ole Duffer said:

A few thoughts/replies to things that have been said.

I don't ever get sick, so am very susceptible to strong drugs.  I got valacyclovir for my shingles, and the first night I could not sleep and was hallucinating really weird stuff.  I wound up sitting up all night because the sores are on my head where I would be laying down on them.

As far as staying in your system, waiting to strike again, my doctor-like-person said that, too, and mentioned poison ivy.  I told her, yeah, I have that, too, from 1986, and it still pops up every now and then.

During the diagnosis I mentioned something sounding informed, and she said, "Dr. Google, huh?"  😁

I am at one week since I noticed the first bumps, and it has stopped spreading, it is annoying/itchy, but not painful, and the bumps are scaling over, not "ripe" any more.

- - - - - - - -

As for the several mask comments, once the message changed to masking being a good thing, it's amazing how less distressing WalMart became, how many follow the message.

Like seatbelts, some will always prefer to be ejected rather than protected.  😷

Seat belts are so sissy. Real men don't wear seatbelts, unless they are white. Sarcasm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Seat belts are so sissy. Real men don't wear seatbelts, unless they are white. Sarcasm.

Geez, I hope you mean the belts are white not the men...

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Geez, I hope you mean the belts are white not the men...

Oops. I can see how that could be read two ways. It was a throwback to the running gag about white belts on this site.

And I don't even have CPS to fall back on as an excuse for poor sentence structure.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Elmer said:

1st shot of Pfizer is in  the books.

Had to drive 2 hours to Plattsburgh, but it is what it is!

Ours was about 7 hours RT, but we got it done Jan. 29 and Feb. 26.

We had registered everywhere we could, and today I got notice of the first local available.

There's a lot of similarities between seatbelts and COVID.  My wife comes from a long line of seatbelt denyers.  Ozark-Americans are what they are.

😉

Man of the Year in Michigan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

My wife comes from a long line of seatbelt denyers.  Ozark-Americans are what they are.

😉

I used to live in central Iowa. I had a golf buddy who would never wear his seatbelt... EVER!

I'm like "What is wrong with you?" 

His reasoning was "What if you slide off the road into the ocean or something like that? Than what happens if the seatbelt jams and you get trapped in the car?"

"Dude! We live in F***ing Central Iowa! How the Hell are you going to slide into the ocean!?!?" 

🤷‍♂️

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

 

There's a lot of similarities between seatbelts and COVID.  My wife comes from a long line of seatbelt denyers.  Ozark-Americans are what they are.

😉

Before mandatory seatbelts in NY. I cracked a windshield with my   forehead. May be one of the reasons I am unable to do math. That or sheer laziness.
But I have seen the effects of both Covid & lack seat belts. I dont want any part of either!
 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I used to live in central Iowa. 

 

 

Me, too.  & my Grandpa's name was Chet.  He lived in Colfax when I was a little kid.

😁

 

3 minutes ago, Elmer said:

 I cracked a windshield with my forehead.
 

Me, too, when I was too young to remember.  Before kid's car seats.

- - - - - 

Regarding messaging, it's amazing to see some prominent people wearing masks now, when they didn't when the messaging was different.  It just goes to show how simple it is, really, just put it on.

I'm even over those who claim "personal rights".  I don't see anything wrong with them hanging out, no precautions, with like-minded people.  Well, except for the unnecessary burden it puts on healthcare workers.

Edited by Ole Duffer

Man of the Year in Michigan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


22 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I used to live in central Iowa. I had a golf buddy who would never wear his seatbelt... EVER!

I'm like "What is wrong with you?" 

His reasoning was "What if you slide off the road into the ocean or something like that? Than what happens if the seatbelt jams and you get trapped in the car?"

"Dude! We live in F***ing Central Iowa! How the Hell are you going to slide into the ocean!?!?" 

🤷‍♂️

Good story! Reminds me of when I bought a new car a few years ago, was driving it along the ocean, and my kid who was about six years old at the time asked me, "Papa, does this car float?" 

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Moderator
2 hours ago, Ole Duffer said:

Like seatbelts, some will always prefer to be ejected rather than protected.  😷

My biggest complain about mask resistance is that the non-maskers aren't just putting themselves at risk.  That doesn't bother me at all, its a bit of Darwin's theory at work.  But those non-mask people were putting OTHER people at increased risk, which strikes me as selfishness disguised as "personal liberty."  The nearest parallel I can draw is to laws against smoking indoors in public spaces.  That's not about protecting the smoker, its about protecting the other people from the hazards of smoking.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

My biggest complain about mask resistance is that the non-maskers aren't just putting themselves at risk.  That doesn't bother me at all, its a bit of Darwin's theory at work.  But those non-mask people were putting OTHER people at increased risk, which strikes me as selfishness disguised as "personal liberty."  The nearest parallel I can draw is to laws against smoking indoors in public spaces.  That's not about protecting the smoker, its about protecting the other people from the hazards of smoking.

If I felt I could have said that, I probably would have. 

Some outcomes are just too obvious to waste energy on, like smoking, not wearing seatbelts, and not taking precautions during a pandemic.

Yes.  Darwinian.  Culling.  Another way to get to herd immunity.

But, as the pandemic has progressed, proven to be real to most arm chair non believers, as those close to them have fallen, the objectionists have become mostly insignificant.

I live in Ozark America and Florida, so see plenty of stupid things.

But, then, even Iowa, which I was always proud to hold to a higher standard, seems to have dumbed down.

 

Man of the Year in Michigan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


59 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

Me, too.  & my Grandpa's name was Chet.  He lived in Colfax when I was a little kid.

Holy Cow, My Grandpa's name was Chet also.

Believe it or not, I'm Chet the third. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

My biggest complain about mask resistance is that the non-maskers aren't just putting themselves at risk.  That doesn't bother me at all, its a bit of Darwin's theory at work.  But those non-mask people were putting OTHER people at increased risk, which strikes me as selfishness disguised as "personal liberty."  The nearest parallel I can draw is to laws against smoking indoors in public spaces.  That's not about protecting the smoker, its about protecting the other people from the hazards of smoking.

Okay, so I read the comments on this thread then today while eating my lunch I'm watching a little Mr Short Game Video on Youtube. Not really paying close attention. 

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE GOLFERS MAKE Playing a Par 4 - YouTube

Anyhow, where I'm going with this is the bottom comment on this video is:
"Sorry bro... boycotting mask promotion. Those things make people sick and the gov't needs to stop this crap."

Huh?

I guess I can see if you don't like wearing a mask. Maybe your glasses fog up or what ever. I don't get how they are making people sick. I haven't even had a sniffle now in over a year. I've been wearing my mask in public every day. Seriously, I hope there's an anti-mask person someplace on this forum who can explain to me how wearing a mask will "make people sick"? 

 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay, so I read the comments on this thread then today while eating my lunch I'm watching a little Mr Short Game Video on Youtube. Not really paying close attention. 

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE GOLFERS MAKE Playing a Par 4 - YouTube

Anyhow, where I'm going with this is the bottom comment on this video is:
"Sorry bro... boycotting mask promotion. Those things make people sick and the gov't needs to stop this crap."

Huh?

I guess I can see if you don't like wearing a mask. Maybe your glasses fog up or what ever. I don't get how they are making people sick. I haven't even had a sniffle now in over a year. I've been wearing my mask in public every day. Seriously, I hope there's an anti-mask person someplace on this forum who can explain to me how wearing a mask will "make people sick"? 

 

I saw a guy interviewed last night on TV.  His words: "So I got a shot and still have to wear a mask.  What's the point of the shot?!"  I tell ya, these people walk among us...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Holy Cow, My Grandpa's name was Chet also.

Believe it or not, I'm Chet the third. 

I'm Chet the Third I am, Chet the Third I am I am.  My old man was named Chet 2, and his old man was named Chet, too.

Kinda catchy tune there.

So, don't leave me hanging, say something Central Iowa, that only a Central Iowan would know.  Like Lake Panorama, or Fleur Drive, or Chili King, or letters (Pella).

29 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I saw a guy interviewed last night on TV.  His words: "So I got a shot and still have to wear a mask.  What's the point of the shot?!"  I tell ya, these people walk among us...

Yes, it is scary, but things seem so much calmer compared to the recent past.

1 hour ago, Ole Duffer said:

But, then, even Iowa, which I was always proud to hold to a higher standard, seems to have dumbed down.

 

I can understand Floridians, or Alabamans, or Mississippians, or Texans, doing stupid things,  😁 because, after all, we're all part of our environment, but when I see Iowans going astray, I know there's an issue at hand.  It really chips away at my standing with my Ozark American wife and her family.  Heck, they don't even speak English.

😉

It's all about messaging.

Man of the Year in Michigan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, Ole Duffer said:

 

As for the several mask comments, once the message changed to masking being a good thing, it's amazing how less distressing WalMart became, how many follow the message.

Like seatbelts, some will always prefer to be ejected rather than protected.  😷

Using just common sense, I believe wearing a mask helps. Imagine someone sneezing, and what is projected out of the mouth.

 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • TST Partners

    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

    Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

  • Posts

    • Some great advise in above posts. Only thing I would add is don't go out of your way to put tournaments on a pedestal. Think of it as any other non-competitive round. That is something you have to be deliberate about and will allow you to own your round more instead of the 'BS' owning it.
    • I’d say it’s more caused by starting the swing with pressure too far into the heels. Another is a misunderstanding of body rotation on the backswing, as the lead knee bends forward to “fake” a hip turn.    I wouldn’t recommend many people rolling the forearms. Although some people feel that, in order to feel the release of the clubhead to square it up for impact. 
    • If you got an iPhone 14 Pro I wouldn't buy a new camera. You can see an example of my recordings in my swing topic. There are probably lots of apps that can work. I first bought the ProCamera 8 app, where I can manually control everything. Works pretty well and some nice editing options, but you can't draw on the videos. I then found the OnForm app which I like better for golf. On the free version you got a limited number of videos you can have stored on the app, but you can download them to the phone and then remove them from the app to record new ones. The FPS is also limited to 120 FPS, which is fine. If you pay $5 you get the full version. This app can auto-record single swings, which is very nice, plus you can draw on it, sync videos etc. It's the one I use now. You can do a lot on just the phone. If I upload anything to PC, I like the Kinovea program.
    • I love my Pure grips and they work great in all conditions. I don't know if they announced the reason they shut down, but being a small company it's difficult to compete with the big names. Covid might have had something to do with it too. Another reason could be that their grips last so long, existing customers didn't need to buy new grips very often. I read that the guy that started Pure came from Star Grips, which are still in business. Some people prefer Pure, some Star. Might be something to consider. Star Grip - Made in USA - 3 Year Warranty Star Grip is a premium high performance golf grip made in the USA, using the highest quality materials and advanced manufacturing techniques for the tightest possible tolerances. All of our grips carry an unrivaled 3-year...  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...