IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

I think it’s way to early to get rid of the mask mandate. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Agreed.  There should still be a mask mandate for those unvaccinated.  But how can you tell?

You know, being vaccinated… I don’t give a crap to wearing a mask. What am I, 12 years old throwing a tantrum. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, David in FL said:

As of last week, in cases per 100,000, Florida ranks at 22 of 50. Pretty much in the middle of the pack.

Convenient. Scroll back and you'll find other statistics, facts, that paint Florida in a much worse light than "average."

On another positive note, it looks like the CDC has finally come to their senses with respect to masks.

It's not a matter of "coming to their senses." It's a matter of the fact that enough responsible people, good members of society, have seen fit to get vaccinated, and that the situation is different now than it was in December. Or last May.

Have you been vaccinated, @David in FL?

Something I’m sure most people are happy about.  I know the official line is “for those fully vaccinated”, but given that nobody is going to be demanding proof of jab from every person not wearing a mask, I think it stands to reason that the masks are coming off for almost everyone, in most places.

So, unvaccinated people are not only debatably lousy members of society, but also quite likely to lie about their vaccination status?

Cool.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I see no problem with a business requiring patrons to show proof of vaccination  if they don't want to wear a mask, the only ones who will not like it are the people who wont get vaccinated and dont want to wear masks.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• Administrator
Just now, flopster said:

I see no problem with a business requiring patrons to show proof of vaccination  if they don't want to wear a mask, the only ones who will not like it are the people who wont get vaccinated and dont want to wear masks.

I didn't have to get tested at the NCAA National Championship (nor did one of my players) because we were both well beyond our two-weeks-post-second-shot date. We had to show proof, and then we got to skip the every-other-day testing that everyone else had to undergo.

Same deal here, basically.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, flopster said:

But that proof of vaccination needs to be more than a fake/counterfeit shot card.  Those are too easy to replicate.  And will put the rest of us in jeopardy.

52 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I agree only because there is some segment of the population who probably have issues taking the time for the shot and then the potential time off, and I think that the mandates should continue.  Although at some point we will only be dealing with people who won’t get vaccinated, as opposed to those who have had problems scheduling it.

however the underlying reasoning is sound.  Unvaccinated people seem to not need them, per the research, and people who are resistant are causing problems with the mandates.   This doesn’t mean that individual businesses and indoor places can’t require masks, which most people abide by as well.  I know several people who don’t take the virus seriously, but follow the rules with masks because they don’t want to cause a fuss.    

Edited by imsys0042

—Adam

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

Have you been vaccinated, @David in FL?

Not yet.  

Until we know more about the efficacy of the vaccine, any long-term side effects there might be, whether the vaccine will remain effective against variants of the virus as they occur, and how often a booster or completely new vaccine will be necessary, and to what degree being vaccinated prevents being able to spread the virus, I’ll volunteer to stay on the control group side of this particular clinical trial.  You’re welcome.  🙂 

Once we get some good answers, I’ll cheerfully get it if it makes sense.  As I have other vaccines...

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

So, unvaccinated people are not only debatably lousy members of society, but also quite likely to lie about their vaccination status?

More likely they consider their own medical history to be nobody else’s business.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

5 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

I agree only because there is some segment of the population who probably have issues taking the time for the shot and then the potential time off, and I think that the mandates should continue.  Although at some point we will only be dealing with people who won’t get vaccinated, as opposed to those who have had problems scheduling it.

however the underlying reasoning is sound.  Unvaccinated people seem to not need them, per the research, and people who are resistant are causing problems with the mandates.   This doesn’t mean that individual businesses and indoor places can’t require masks, which most people abide by as well.  I know several people who don’t take the virus seriously, but follow the rules with masks because they don’t want to cause a fuss.    

Get the damn shot!   (Just being a curmudgeon)  

49 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I am a bit confused on the new mask mandates. Since I have been vaccinated they say I don't have to wear a mask? Can I go shopping without a mask, or should I be concerned about close quarters with other shoppers? Church? Restaurants? I haven't looked over the new guidelines close enough yet, but I just got back from CVS and I continue to wear my mask.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

1 minute ago, David in FL said:

Until we know more about the efficacy of the vaccine, any long-term side effects there might be, whether the vaccine will remain effective against variants of the virus as they occur, and how often a booster or completely new vaccine will be necessary, and to what degree being vaccinated prevents being able to spread the virus, I’ll volunteer to stay on the control group side of this particular clinical trial.  You’re welcome.  🙂 

Once we get some good answers, I’ll cheerfully get it if it makes sense.  As I have other vaccines...

Oh David in FL... that is totally a lineup of excuses not to get the vaccine.  If somebody had a foolproof way of hitting your drives longer and straighter, but it was unproven, and it was working for so, so many, would you try it?!

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Get the damn shot!   (Just being a curmudgeon)  

Couple of people I know have trouble with getting child card and are worried they’ll be too wiped from the after effects and there might be people who are worried about losing hourly wages.  The people I know in that case are taking it seriously, wearing masks and distancing, etc….   For some time I think we should not let up as we need to protect those who want the vaccine but haven’t been able yet.

after that, it really comes down to the fact that we need to get as many people vaccinated as possible and everyone needs to get onboard for the good of all.

and it’s good to be a curmudgeon about this !

—Adam

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Not yet.

Color me surprised. </sarcasm>

Until we know more about the efficacy of the vaccine, any long-term side effects there might be, whether the vaccine will remain effective against variants of the virus as they occur, and how often a booster or completely new vaccine will be necessary, and to what degree being vaccinated prevents being able to spread the virus, I’ll volunteer to stay on the control group side of this particular clinical trial.  You’re welcome.

That's the utter BS I would have expected, yep.

We have good answers to all of those questions.

1 minute ago, Billy Z said:

I am a bit confused on the new mask mandates. Since I have been vaccinated they say I don't have to wear a mask? Can I go shopping without a mask, or should I be concerned about close quarters with other shoppers? Church? Restaurants? I haven't looked over the new guidelines close enough yet, but I just got back from CVS and I continue to wear my mask.

Wearing a mask is like protecting against a duck hook.

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Wearing a mask is like protecting against a duck hook.

Lol, I have my share of duck hooks, so.....

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

1 minute ago, imsys0042 said:

Couple of people I know have trouble with getting child card and are worried they’ll be too wiped from the after effects and there might be people who are worried about losing hourly wages.  The people I know in that case are taking it seriously, wearing masks and distancing, etc….   For some time I think we should not let up as we need to protect those who want the vaccine but haven’t been able yet.

after that, it really comes down to the fact that we need to get as many people vaccinated as possible and everyone needs to get onboard for the good of all.

and it’s good to be a curmudgeon about this !

imsys... you are being so reasonable!

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Oh David in FL... that is totally a lineup of excuses not to get the vaccine.  If somebody had a foolproof way of hitting your drives longer and straighter, but it was unproven, and it was working for so, so many, would you try it?!

As long as it didn’t involve injecting something that we don’t understand the extent of the side affects yet...  🙂

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1