IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

A few thoughts/replies to things that have been said.

I don't ever get sick, so am very susceptible to strong drugs.  I got valacyclovir for my shingles, and the first night I could not sleep and was hallucinating really weird stuff.  I wound up sitting up all night because the sores are on my head where I would be laying down on them.

As far as staying in your system, waiting to strike again, my doctor-like-person said that, too, and mentioned poison ivy.  I told her, yeah, I have that, too, from 1986, and it still pops up every now and then.

During the diagnosis I mentioned something sounding informed, and she said, "Dr. Google, huh?"  😁

I am at one week since I noticed the first bumps, and it has stopped spreading, it is annoying/itchy, but not painful, and the bumps are scaling over, not "ripe" any more.

- - - - - - - -

As for the several mask comments, once the message changed to masking being a good thing, it's amazing how less distressing WalMart became, how many follow the message.

Like seatbelts, some will always prefer to be ejected rather than protected.  😷

Edited by Ole Duffer

Man of the Year in Michigan 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1st shot of Pfizer is in  the books.

Had to drive 2 hours to Plattsburgh, but it is what it is!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

46 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

👍👍

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, Ole Duffer said:

A few thoughts/replies to things that have been said.

I don't ever get sick, so am very susceptible to strong drugs.  I got valacyclovir for my shingles, and the first night I could not sleep and was hallucinating really weird stuff.  I wound up sitting up all night because the sores are on my head where I would be laying down on them.

As far as staying in your system, waiting to strike again, my doctor-like-person said that, too, and mentioned poison ivy.  I told her, yeah, I have that, too, from 1986, and it still pops up every now and then.

During the diagnosis I mentioned something sounding informed, and she said, "Dr. Google, huh?"  😁

I am at one week since I noticed the first bumps, and it has stopped spreading, it is annoying/itchy, but not painful, and the bumps are scaling over, not "ripe" any more.

- - - - - - - -

As for the several mask comments, once the message changed to masking being a good thing, it's amazing how less distressing WalMart became, how many follow the message.

Seat belts are so sissy. Real men don't wear seatbelts, unless they are white. Sarcasm.

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Seat belts are so sissy. Real men don't wear seatbelts, unless they are white. Sarcasm.

Geez, I hope you mean the belts are white not the men...

4 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Geez, I hope you mean the belts are white not the men...

Oops. I can see how that could be read two ways. It was a throwback to the running gag about white belts on this site.

And I don't even have CPS to fall back on as an excuse for poor sentence structure.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

1st shot of Pfizer is in  the books.

Had to drive 2 hours to Plattsburgh, but it is what it is!

Ours was about 7 hours RT, but we got it done Jan. 29 and Feb. 26.

We had registered everywhere we could, and today I got notice of the first local available.

There's a lot of similarities between seatbelts and COVID.  My wife comes from a long line of seatbelt denyers.  Ozark-Americans are what they are.

😉

4 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

My wife comes from a long line of seatbelt denyers.  Ozark-Americans are what they are.

😉

I used to live in central Iowa. I had a golf buddy who would never wear his seatbelt... EVER!

I'm like "What is wrong with you?" 

His reasoning was "What if you slide off the road into the ocean or something like that? Than what happens if the seatbelt jams and you get trapped in the car?"

"Dude! We live in F***ing Central Iowa! How the Hell are you going to slide into the ocean!?!?" 

🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

There's a lot of similarities between seatbelts and COVID.  My wife comes from a long line of seatbelt denyers.  Ozark-Americans are what they are.

😉

Before mandatory seatbelts in NY. I cracked a windshield with my   forehead. May be one of the reasons I am unable to do math. That or sheer laziness.
But I have seen the effects of both Covid & lack seat belts. I dont want any part of either!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

6 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I used to live in central Iowa. 

Me, too.  & my Grandpa's name was Chet.  He lived in Colfax when I was a little kid.

😁

3 minutes ago, Elmer said:

I cracked a windshield with my forehead.

Me, too, when I was too young to remember.  Before kid's car seats.

- - - - - 

Regarding messaging, it's amazing to see some prominent people wearing masks now, when they didn't when the messaging was different.  It just goes to show how simple it is, really, just put it on.

I'm even over those who claim "personal rights".  I don't see anything wrong with them hanging out, no precautions, with like-minded people.  Well, except for the unnecessary burden it puts on healthcare workers.

Edited by Ole Duffer

22 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I used to live in central Iowa. I had a golf buddy who would never wear his seatbelt... EVER!

I'm like "What is wrong with you?" 

His reasoning was "What if you slide off the road into the ocean or something like that? Than what happens if the seatbelt jams and you get trapped in the car?"

"Dude! We live in F***ing Central Iowa! How the Hell are you going to slide into the ocean!?!?" 

🤷‍♂️

Good story! Reminds me of when I bought a new car a few years ago, was driving it along the ocean, and my kid who was about six years old at the time asked me, "Papa, does this car float?" 

Edited by Double Mocha Man

2 hours ago, Ole Duffer said:

My biggest complain about mask resistance is that the non-maskers aren't just putting themselves at risk.  That doesn't bother me at all, its a bit of Darwin's theory at work.  But those non-mask people were putting OTHER people at increased risk, which strikes me as selfishness disguised as "personal liberty."  The nearest parallel I can draw is to laws against smoking indoors in public spaces.  That's not about protecting the smoker, its about protecting the other people from the hazards of smoking.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

My biggest complain about mask resistance is that the non-maskers aren't just putting themselves at risk.  That doesn't bother me at all, its a bit of Darwin's theory at work.  But those non-mask people were putting OTHER people at increased risk, which strikes me as selfishness disguised as "personal liberty."  The nearest parallel I can draw is to laws against smoking indoors in public spaces.  That's not about protecting the smoker, its about protecting the other people from the hazards of smoking.

If I felt I could have said that, I probably would have. 

Some outcomes are just too obvious to waste energy on, like smoking, not wearing seatbelts, and not taking precautions during a pandemic.

Yes.  Darwinian.  Culling.  Another way to get to herd immunity.

But, as the pandemic has progressed, proven to be real to most arm chair non believers, as those close to them have fallen, the objectionists have become mostly insignificant.

I live in Ozark America and Florida, so see plenty of stupid things.

But, then, even Iowa, which I was always proud to hold to a higher standard, seems to have dumbed down.

59 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

Me, too.  & my Grandpa's name was Chet.  He lived in Colfax when I was a little kid.

Holy Cow, My Grandpa's name was Chet also.

Believe it or not, I'm Chet the third. 

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Okay, so I read the comments on this thread then today while eating my lunch I'm watching a little Mr Short Game Video on Youtube. Not really paying close attention. 

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE GOLFERS MAKE Playing a Par 4 - YouTube

Anyhow, where I'm going with this is the bottom comment on this video is:
"Sorry bro... boycotting mask promotion. Those things make people sick and the gov't needs to stop this crap."

Huh?

I guess I can see if you don't like wearing a mask. Maybe your glasses fog up or what ever. I don't get how they are making people sick. I haven't even had a sniffle now in over a year. I've been wearing my mask in public every day. Seriously, I hope there's an anti-mask person someplace on this forum who can explain to me how wearing a mask will "make people sick"? 

10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay, so I read the comments on this thread then today while eating my lunch I'm watching a little Mr Short Game Video on Youtube. Not really paying close attention. 

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE GOLFERS MAKE Playing a Par 4 - YouTube

Anyhow, where I'm going with this is the bottom comment on this video is:
"Sorry bro... boycotting mask promotion. Those things make people sick and the gov't needs to stop this crap."

Huh?

I guess I can see if you don't like wearing a mask. Maybe your glasses fog up or what ever. I don't get how they are making people sick. I haven't even had a sniffle now in over a year. I've been wearing my mask in public every day. Seriously, I hope there's an anti-mask person someplace on this forum who can explain to me how wearing a mask will "make people sick"? 

I saw a guy interviewed last night on TV.  His words: "So I got a shot and still have to wear a mask.  What's the point of the shot?!"  I tell ya, these people walk among us...

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Holy Cow, My Grandpa's name was Chet also.

Believe it or not, I'm Chet the third. 

I'm Chet the Third I am, Chet the Third I am I am.  My old man was named Chet 2, and his old man was named Chet, too.

Kinda catchy tune there.

So, don't leave me hanging, say something Central Iowa, that only a Central Iowan would know.  Like Lake Panorama, or Fleur Drive, or Chili King, or letters (Pella).

29 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I saw a guy interviewed last night on TV.  His words: "So I got a shot and still have to wear a mask.  What's the point of the shot?!"  I tell ya, these people walk among us...

Yes, it is scary, but things seem so much calmer compared to the recent past.

1 hour ago, Ole Duffer said:

But, then, even Iowa, which I was always proud to hold to a higher standard, seems to have dumbed down.

I can understand Floridians, or Alabamans, or Mississippians, or Texans, doing stupid things,  😁 because, after all, we're all part of our environment, but when I see Iowans going astray, I know there's an issue at hand.  It really chips away at my standing with my Ozark American wife and her family.  Heck, they don't even speak English.

😉

It's all about messaging.

5 hours ago, Ole Duffer said:

Using just common sense, I believe wearing a mask helps. Imagine someone sneezing, and what is projected out of the mouth.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080