IGNORED

Watching a Sudoku

iacas

I work every puzzle in the paper to try to keep this 67 year old brain semi-functional. What I've discovered is that, every so often, I can solve one of the bronze (easy) level sudokus! I try to be systematic, but it seem to come down to pure happenstance. No time to watch tonight, but I will watch this, as maybe it will clue me in to a flaw in my methodology. 

The one puzzle that I have really fallen in love with is the "Cryptoquip", which is a substitution cipher. Once I solved my first one I was hooked!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I stopped watching the video as soon as I found out there was a link and went to do the puzzle, Figured it out in about 14 minutes, finished in 18:22.

I used to be pretty good at Sudoku :-D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, billchao said:

I stopped watching the video as soon as I found out there was a link and went to do the puzzle, Figured it out in about 14 minutes, finished in 18:22.

I used to be pretty good at Sudoku :-D

Used? Damn.

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Used? Damn.

Lol it's been a while since I did one. Easier to do on the computer, too. Used to write little numbers in corners everywhere. With the color shading it's harder to miss a box.

Lots of fun. I'm still smiling, both from figuring it out myself and then watching the guy on the video figure it out.

Wow. That was definitely fun to watch. The pattern at the end was amazing!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I could solve it but it would take me days.

Same here. I’d have to go at it for a while if I wanted to solve it, but the way I am when solving a Sudoku puzzle, I’d probably quit in the first hour out of frustration.

Edited by dagolfer18

• 11 months later...

I like my mega sudoku I wont lie it usually takes a few hours but I want to start trying something larger than 16.

• 4 months later...

He is too fixated on 1 and 2 in the beginning.  After he fills out 1 's and 2's on the second row box, 3 goes in first box bottom left corner by kings move and by not have consecutive number.

He is one track minded.

that should be bottom right (sorry got my left/right mixed up)

then 3 goes on far right second row of the middle box. and so forth

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
    • 1. So people who fail out, have to pay loans back, but if you graduate then your loan should be forgiven? I don’t see why banks would ever give loans out then. With that logic, I would think college would become less accessible not more accessible.    2. If you don’t think cost should be an issue, then are you willing to pay for others to go? Things cost money. That’s life, that’s reality. Someone will have to pay for it…are you willing to pay for others to go?  I have two kids I’d love for you to pay for.  I’m not willing to pay for others’ college education as it’s a privilege, not a right. I’ve already paid for my own.  Again, people should be responsible for themselves and stop acting as if they are entitled to everything regardless of their ability to pay for things.   And if you and others who want their education paid for want to live in China under their form of government, go ahead. I’m not interested in that. 
    • I think it might be said that if you can succeed in college then you are entitled to loan forgiveness.  Do you want China and other countries far exceeding us in education?  The bottom line is that loans shouldn't be a factor.  We need to find a way for kids who have a drive to succeed in school get to go to school.  Advanced education, in certain areas, should be covered.  Doctors and lawyers and such...
    • It sounds like you’re arguing that some students would have to drop out is a reason to forgive the loan…as if college college is an entitled right…that everyone is entitled to college.  It’s not; it’s like a car: you might need it for a job or career, but you’re not entitled to a car. You can buy one if you can afford it.  With that line of logic, where do you draw the line?  If I can’t afford my house and I would otherwise need to be homeless, then is the bank supposed to forgive my loan?  I’m not entitled to anything I can’t afford. It’s called living within my means and being fiscally responsible.
    • A lot of students, if they didn't take out the loan, would have to drop out of college.  In the STEM areas we need those students in school.  So I'm not terrifically opposed to forgiving loans.  Also, it's a small boost to the economy, allowing those graduates to spend their discretionary income and feed the the consumer economy. I paid off all my student loans... took some time.  Now, I need to call a credit card company or two to see if they'll forgive my loans...
    • I’d agreed with this logic 100%. I paid off my loans. It’s called being responsible for your decisions. Simply enough, I think people should be held responsible and be accountable for the decisions they make. I think our society is becoming increasingly irresponsible or denying personal accountability as people want to make excuses as to why they shouldn’t be held accountable for their own choices.    Ignorance is no excuse. They made the decision. They should seek wise council before taking the loan out. Maybe they could learn from their mistakes instead of bailing everyone out and they learn nothing except that they won’t be held responsible for the decisions they make.   having said all of that, moving forward, I’d agree college unjustifiably expensive and reform would be welcomed
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Augie
      Augie
      (63 years old)
    2. Dukes1304
      Dukes1304
      (36 years old)
    3. Mmgolfwiz
      Mmgolfwiz
      (58 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...