IGNORED

Watching a Sudoku

iacas
Note: This thread is 948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let me guess...child’s play to you.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

That was enjoyable to watch.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Let me guess...child’s play to you.

That guy is like a world champion Sudoku guy.

I could solve it but it would take me days.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I work every puzzle in the paper to try to keep this 67 year old brain semi-functional. What I've discovered is that, every so often, I can solve one of the bronze (easy) level sudokus! I try to be systematic, but it seem to come down to pure happenstance. No time to watch tonight, but I will watch this, as maybe it will clue me in to a flaw in my methodology. 

The one puzzle that I have really fallen in love with is the "Cryptoquip", which is a substitution cipher. Once I solved my first one I was hooked!

I stopped watching the video as soon as I found out there was a link and went to do the puzzle, Figured it out in about 14 minutes, finished in 18:22.

I used to be pretty good at Sudoku :-D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

23 minutes ago, billchao said:

I stopped watching the video as soon as I found out there was a link and went to do the puzzle, Figured it out in about 14 minutes, finished in 18:22.

I used to be pretty good at Sudoku :-D

Used? Damn.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Used? Damn.

Lol it's been a while since I did one. Easier to do on the computer, too. Used to write little numbers in corners everywhere. With the color shading it's harder to miss a box.

Lots of fun. I'm still smiling, both from figuring it out myself and then watching the guy on the video figure it out.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Wow. That was definitely fun to watch. The pattern at the end was amazing!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I could solve it but it would take me days.

Same here. I’d have to go at it for a while if I wanted to solve it, but the way I am when solving a Sudoku puzzle, I’d probably quit in the first hour out of frustration.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

The thing I noticed is how he flipped the logic to the inverse so easily. It was crazy to see him work through that puzzle with such ease.  

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 11 months later...

I like my mega sudoku I wont lie it usually takes a few hours but I want to start trying something larger than 16.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• 4 months later...

He is too fixated on 1 and 2 in the beginning.  After he fills out 1 's and 2's on the second row box, 3 goes in first box bottom left corner by kings move and by not have consecutive number.

He is one track minded.

that should be bottom right (sorry got my left/right mixed up)

then 3 goes on far right second row of the middle box. and so forth

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!