IGNORED

Bay Area Green Fees Increased?

mywong23
Note: This thread is 1409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

anyone notice fees raised?

I'm in bay area of California, and I guess I should have anticipated an increase...

especially when courses need more help to clean up carts and facilities.....

and make up for lost income during 2 month of shutdowns.....

mike

My course fees have decreased.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The courses I have played this year have remained the same or had a nominal increase of $1-2 per round. 

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Some courses here have increased significantly.  I think they are taking advantage of the situation as golf is one of the few activities people were able to participate during the lockdown.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Since the start of the lockdown, haven't played anywhere except my home course.  This of course means that I don't pay green fees, but haven't heard anything about increased green fees here in India.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I have not heard of any increase in my area. My club used to be $110/rd a few years ago and every year they raise the green fees. It got up to $200/rd including food and non-alcoholic beverages last year but because covid closed f&b, they no longer include food. Green fees still at $200. 

I play almost exclusively at my club which hasn’t increased any fees.

I do get a lot of emails from courses in the area though and overall I’d say that most have decreased fees.  That’s normal for summertime here though.  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Most near me are staying the same.  I've noticed online options have changed, the rates booking online are higher.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Well, my course has filed for bankruptcy and looking at other courses in the area there does seem to be some gouging.  Mt season is over due to illness but I do hope that next season sees some normalcy. 

• iacas changed the title to Bay Area Green Fees Increased?

I am also in Northern California, and I have seen rate increases. Several courses which used to charge ~$20 for twilight are now charging as much as $35 for the same tee times. The courses are all packed. I think it is simply supply and demand. 

Note: This thread is 1409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!