IGNORED

Whose Career Wins Would You Rather Have - DJ's or Brooks Koepka's?

nevets88

Whose Career Wins Would You Rather Have - DJ's or Brooks Koepka's?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Whose Career Wins Would You Rather Have - DJ's or Brooks Koepka's

• Dustin Johnson
    • Brooks Koepka

8 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Honestly have no clue what and who you are talking about so googling it for context

Maybe people will be saying the same thing in 75 years about Brooks Koepka.  Which is my point.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/15/2024 at 8:05 PM, turtleback said:

Maybe people will be saying the same thing in 75 years about Brooks Koepka.  Which is my point.

Well, to be fair, publicity and information these days spreads at a much faster pace and is more easily available thanks to electronic and social media so the odds are Brooks will be more remembered than Ralph.  Plus the names we recognize more in the list of famous golfers are those with multiple majors though Ralph has 3 if I remember the article correctly.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I have to agree that most Tour players are eventually judged by the number of majors they have won. Brooks is one away from being on the list next to Trevino, Faldo, and Mickelson.  He's inching is way into the company of the all time greats of the game. Unfortunately, in a lot of peoples minds he will have an asterisk by his name due to his involvement with LIV.  Interesting note;  DJ is tied with Tiger for 4th on the list of Most Consecutive Wins to Start a Season 2008-2021.  That's a minimum one tourney a year for 13 years, a few times he won 3 in the same year. Pretty impressive. Another interesting note, both DJ and Brooks finished T-2 behind Tiger at the '19 Masters, Schauffele was tied to but he's not in on this conversation.  They are both LIV players now so it will come down to a Majors count. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

On 1/13/2024 at 3:56 PM, colin007 said:

It you take that away then you have to take away LeBron's Lakers championship and Brady's Bucs championship

And that wasn't a frikking bunker at Whistling Straights!! 😉

I apologize for my ignorance.

I sincerely do not know what you are talking about.
DJ won the 2016 U.S. Open and the 2020 Masters. 

What am I missing? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 1/16/2024 at 5:18 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

I apologize for my ignorance.

I sincerely do not know what you are talking about.
DJ won the 2016 U.S. Open and the 2020 Masters. 

What am I missing? 

Here ya go. Tell me that's a bunker.

https://youtu.be/l-Wx84q0AE0?si=4n1rqW_fJScngtRq

Colin P.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Tell me that's a bunker.

That's a bunker.

Clearly.

And he still would have been in a three-way playoff, so there's no way you can say he was going to win it even if he hadn't breached the Rules on the 72nd hole.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

That's a bunker.

Clearly.

And he still would have been in a three-way playoff, so there's no way you can say he was going to win it even if he hadn't breached the Rules on the 72nd hole.

I remember watching that one live. It's obviously a bunker. And the players were given a memo about them at the time IIRC.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

20 hours ago, colin007 said:

Here ya go. Tell me that's a bunker.

https://youtu.be/l-Wx84q0AE0?si=4n1rqW_fJScngtRq

It doesn't matter if you think it doesn't look like a bunker.  It's a bunker because the course sheet says it's a bunker.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Interesting poll results. I would have guessed near 100% would say Koepka. That seems like the "obvious" answer.   Dustin Johnson  has 3 fewer majors and 3 fewer top fives in majors.  He does have more top 10s though he is six years older.

The poll question feels comparable to Norman 2 majors vs Faldo 6 majors. Norman was definitely a more talented player. But does anyone really rank Norman over Faldo when you are 4 majors back?

Edited by GolfSwami