IGNORED

Please Help - Natalie and Zoey vs. PIAA

iacas
Note: This thread is 1234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, iacas said:

We had a lawyer send a letter to them yesterday.

I was just about to suggest that via PM.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I was just about to suggest that via PM.

It probably won't matter, but I am enjoying how annoyed their secretary might be getting at all of the email(s).

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 hours ago, iacas said:

It probably won't matter, but I am enjoying how annoyed their secretary might be getting at all of the email(s).

Speaking of "Annoyed", I found this fax number on their web site:  717-697-7721 (Does anybody use Fax anymore?)

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 hour ago, StuM said:

Speaking of "Annoyed", I found this fax number on their web site:  717-697-7721 (Does anybody use Fax anymore?)

A little off topic but yes, lots of financial companies still do. And probably medical? Although nowadays pretty much just sending if you're the customer. Dot matrix printers are still out there. As are mainframes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

42 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

A little off topic but yes, lots of financial companies still do. And probably medical? Although nowadays pretty much just sending if you're the customer. Dot matrix printers are still out there. As are mainframes.

True, I am in the financial industry and we have a fax but all we use is eMail and Doc-U-Sign.  Sorry...will stay on topic.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

Wow.

GFMNQBWSAVC7XKMT53DFWP27II.jpg

One of the best golfers in the state was shut down by her school despite not testing positive for the coronavirus. Due to being held out of the district tournament, she will not qualify for states.

I give up.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

Wow.

One of the best golfers in the state was shut down by her school despite not testing positive for the...

I give up.

What the hell is wrong with people? Just ridiculous.

‘ It’s not unusual for the NBA, MLB or NFL teams having games cancelled or postponed because of COVID outbreaks with their athletes.’

These sports all involve less than 6’ and even direct contact between people. Golf has zero of this. What a moronic decision. And they took this into consideration? Asinine.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

The only thing I can understand is the liability and getting sued. Though, I am sure that all the kids parents signed a form stating PIAA is not liable for any injuries or what not. 

to me, it’s just the fact they must punish the entire school because of a few people. There is no nuance at all. It’s just a binary decision. Like somehow it’s preferable treatment to allow them to play golf.

It’s just pure idiocy. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I can't seem to view the link without setting up an account but just the headline pisses me off.  From the little I could see she has not tested positive and the tournament is not until Oct 19 and 20.  I would think they could at least offer her the ability to be tested again and if negative there is no reason to bar her from competition.  There is plenty of time between now and the tournament to get the results back.

It just seems they are a bunch of bureaucrats following a script and not actually thinking. I realize the "Rules are Rules" arguments but this COVID-19 mess necessitates people to make decisions based on facts & circumstances.  I would expect the "Intent" of the rules is to have the best players possible compete in as safe an environment as possible.  If she test negative, then there is no valid reason to exclude her.  This is not like me missing a week at my hacker's golf league, this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance for many and depriving her of the opportunity is a wrong that cannot be righted.  They need to use the gray matter between their ear and make a call based on equity & the relevant facts. That is their responsibility.  

Edited by StuM
added to lhe 1st paragraph

Stuart M.

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Wow.

One of the best golfers in the state was shut down by her school despite not testing positive for the coronavirus. Due to being held out of the district tournament, she will not qualify for states.

I give up.

I think I little part of all of us just died today.

This is just one more example of a time when "the rules" become more important than common sense. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Here is the whole piece if you can't access it.

w-sq-light.png

Paige Richter doesn’t even have a sniffle and she can swing her clubs just fine so she figured if she showed up Friday morning at Briarwood Golf...

• Thumbs Up 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Here is the whole piece if you can't access it.

w-sq-light.png

Paige Richter doesn’t even have a sniffle and she can swing her clubs just fine so she figured if she showed up Friday morning at Briarwood Golf...

Thx for the link to the full article.  This is totally disgusting and out of control.  It is one thing to take precautions, but this went beyond any necessary precautions.

Edited by StuM
fix typo

Stuart M.

On 10/11/2020 at 10:55 PM, saevel25 said:

The only thing I can understand is the liability and getting sued. Though, I am sure that all the kids parents signed a form stating PIAA is not liable for any injuries or what not. 

to me, it’s just the fact they must punish the entire school because of a few people. There is no nuance at all. It’s just a binary decision. Like somehow it’s preferable treatment to allow them to play golf.

It’s just pure idiocy. 

The school district prefers to take the easy way out and ensure there's no chance they get any blowback from a student getting COVID-19 at the event regardless of how minimal the likelihood is that they contract it.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

9 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

The school district prefers to take the easy way out and ensure there's no chance they get any blowback from a student getting COVID-19 at the event regardless of how minimal the likelihood is that they contract it.

Might as well not let the kids even go to school ever again with the number of school shootings (sarcasm). Schools are not safe anymore. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Might as well not let the kids even go to school ever again with the number of school shootings (sarcasm). Schools are not safe anymore. 

Personally I think we're in unchartered territory and now, more than ever, we need some discretionary thinking about how to address these situations rather than a one size fits all approach.  All it's truly doing is causing a disservice and although I understand trying to ensure now one is unnecessarily exposed, I think there's also a CYA aspect that's is a significant motivator.  

• Like 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator
3bb10472-7804-42c7-aef3-91cc5bee4dbc-Bro

McDowell withdrew Natalie Brosig and Zoey McClain from the District 10 tournament; D-10 did not allow them to re-enter, so both are out of PIAA event.

Figured.

2 hours ago, iacas said:
3bb10472-7804-42c7-aef3-91cc5bee4dbc-Bro

McDowell withdrew Natalie Brosig and Zoey McClain from the District 10 tournament; D-10 did not allow them to re-enter, so both are out of PIAA event.

Figured.

That is shame. Ass covering of the worst kind. Lacking in any critical thought process. Just dumb. 

Vishal S.

Wow. What a damn shame. Brainless cowards.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 1234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!