Jump to content
iacas

Please Help - Natalie and Zoey vs. PIAA

79 posts / 4002 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I was just about to suggest that via PM.

It probably won't matter, but I am enjoying how annoyed their secretary might be getting at all of the email(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 hours ago, iacas said:

It probably won't matter, but I am enjoying how annoyed their secretary might be getting at all of the email(s).

Speaking of "Annoyed", I found this fax number on their web site:  717-697-7721 (Does anybody use Fax anymore?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, StuM said:

Speaking of "Annoyed", I found this fax number on their web site:  717-697-7721 (Does anybody use Fax anymore?)

A little off topic but yes, lots of financial companies still do. And probably medical? Although nowadays pretty much just sending if you're the customer. Dot matrix printers are still out there. As are mainframes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

42 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

A little off topic but yes, lots of financial companies still do. And probably medical? Although nowadays pretty much just sending if you're the customer. Dot matrix printers are still out there. As are mainframes.

True, I am in the financial industry and we have a fax but all we use is eMail and Doc-U-Sign.  Sorry...will stay on topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow.

GFMNQBWSAVC7XKMT53DFWP27II.jpg

One of the best golfers in the state was shut down by her school despite not testing positive for the coronavirus. Due to being held out of the district tournament, she will not qualify for states.

I give up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

Wow.

GFMNQBWSAVC7XKMT53DFWP27II.jpg

One of the best golfers in the state was shut down by her school despite not testing positive for the...

I give up.

What the hell is wrong with people? Just ridiculous.

‘ It’s not unusual for the NBA, MLB or NFL teams having games cancelled or postponed because of COVID outbreaks with their athletes.’

These sports all involve less than 6’ and even direct contact between people. Golf has zero of this. What a moronic decision. And they took this into consideration? Asinine.

Edited by Vinsk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The only thing I can understand is the liability and getting sued. Though, I am sure that all the kids parents signed a form stating PIAA is not liable for any injuries or what not. 

to me, it’s just the fact they must punish the entire school because of a few people. There is no nuance at all. It’s just a binary decision. Like somehow it’s preferable treatment to allow them to play golf.

It’s just pure idiocy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't seem to view the link without setting up an account but just the headline pisses me off.  From the little I could see she has not tested positive and the tournament is not until Oct 19 and 20.  I would think they could at least offer her the ability to be tested again and if negative there is no reason to bar her from competition.  There is plenty of time between now and the tournament to get the results back.

It just seems they are a bunch of bureaucrats following a script and not actually thinking. I realize the "Rules are Rules" arguments but this COVID-19 mess necessitates people to make decisions based on facts & circumstances.  I would expect the "Intent" of the rules is to have the best players possible compete in as safe an environment as possible.  If she test negative, then there is no valid reason to exclude her.  This is not like me missing a week at my hacker's golf league, this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance for many and depriving her of the opportunity is a wrong that cannot be righted.  They need to use the gray matter between their ear and make a call based on equity & the relevant facts. That is their responsibility.  

Edited by StuM
added to lhe 1st paragraph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Wow.

GFMNQBWSAVC7XKMT53DFWP27II.jpg

One of the best golfers in the state was shut down by her school despite not testing positive for the coronavirus. Due to being held out of the district tournament, she will not qualify for states.

I give up.

I think I little part of all of us just died today.

This is just one more example of a time when "the rules" become more important than common sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here is the whole piece if you can't access it.

w-sq-light.png

Paige Richter doesn’t even have a sniffle and she can swing her clubs just fine so she figured if she showed up Friday morning at Briarwood Golf...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Here is the whole piece if you can't access it.

w-sq-light.png

Paige Richter doesn’t even have a sniffle and she can swing her clubs just fine so she figured if she showed up Friday morning at Briarwood Golf...

 

Thx for the link to the full article.  This is totally disgusting and out of control.  It is one thing to take precautions, but this went beyond any necessary precautions.

Edited by StuM
fix typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 10/11/2020 at 10:55 PM, saevel25 said:

The only thing I can understand is the liability and getting sued. Though, I am sure that all the kids parents signed a form stating PIAA is not liable for any injuries or what not. 

to me, it’s just the fact they must punish the entire school because of a few people. There is no nuance at all. It’s just a binary decision. Like somehow it’s preferable treatment to allow them to play golf.

It’s just pure idiocy. 

The school district prefers to take the easy way out and ensure there's no chance they get any blowback from a student getting COVID-19 at the event regardless of how minimal the likelihood is that they contract it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

The school district prefers to take the easy way out and ensure there's no chance they get any blowback from a student getting COVID-19 at the event regardless of how minimal the likelihood is that they contract it.

Might as well not let the kids even go to school ever again with the number of school shootings (sarcasm). Schools are not safe anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Might as well not let the kids even go to school ever again with the number of school shootings (sarcasm). Schools are not safe anymore. 

Personally I think we're in unchartered territory and now, more than ever, we need some discretionary thinking about how to address these situations rather than a one size fits all approach.  All it's truly doing is causing a disservice and although I understand trying to ensure now one is unnecessarily exposed, I think there's also a CYA aspect that's is a significant motivator.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3bb10472-7804-42c7-aef3-91cc5bee4dbc-Bro

McDowell withdrew Natalie Brosig and Zoey McClain from the District 10 tournament; D-10 did not allow them to re-enter, so both are out of PIAA event.

Figured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:
3bb10472-7804-42c7-aef3-91cc5bee4dbc-Bro

McDowell withdrew Natalie Brosig and Zoey McClain from the District 10 tournament; D-10 did not allow them to re-enter, so both are out of PIAA event.

Figured.

That is shame. Ass covering of the worst kind. Lacking in any critical thought process. Just dumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow. What a damn shame. Brainless cowards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
  • Posts

    • Thanks for braving the cold and putting this video up! You've got a nice and efficient swing. I look forward to seeing more!  Ps. The straps are definitely long enough to fit a dump truck. I like to tuck them as well, but could be trimmed too. 
    • Barely above freezing, sleet and drizzle, gusty wind off of L Huron. 143 yds to the pin. Drop 1 1/2 clubs and smooth a knock down 7 iron under the wind. It flies dead straight, no more than 50' off the ground and ends up overhanging the cup. It looked physically impossible it wouldn't drop when I got there. At least I made the birdie putt. lol.
    • Thanks for the positive experience you shared.
    • Maybe yipper’s should go side saddle or use a wedge instead.    Just change it all up. 😁 I’ve always enjoyed using the TPM aid. Pushes you towards a fluid motion. I also wonder if making more putting games on the practice greens would help.
    • I am saving a small fortune (to me) on car maintenance and gas, clothing and lunches. Just heard, no plan to return until at least April.  I get two hours a day of commuting time back in my life. Due to MS Teams use by the company, I'm getting my stretching and pushups done throughout the work day.  I'm more productive at work., from home. After losing employment, My son and his better half, moved to a smaller community and both obtained full time employment immediately. Folks , stay safe and healthy  
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Eburris74
      Eburris74
      (46 years old)
    2. Jim White
      Jim White
      (70 years old)
    3. tapan
      tapan
      (45 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...