Jump to content
IGNORED

2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills


iacas

Recommended Posts

  • iacas changed the title to 2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills
  • Administrator
Screenshot-2022-05-21-at-22.22.42-1000x6

Mito Pereira leads the 2022 PGA Championship through Saturday afternoon, but a free drop has caused controversy with announcers and fans alike. On the ninth hole, Pereira hit a tee shot that drifted left into...

Uhmmm, sometimes the Rules can help you out. They're the same for everyone, and he did nothing wrong here.

Learn the Rules of Golf, people. They can save you shots, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

I’m tuned in again it looks like they front loaded the ads during the first 9 there are fewer ads during back 9. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, jbishop15 said:

Tiger withdrew. Shit. I hope he gets better 

I think its the right call. I respect the attempt, but he just doesnt look healthy enough yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, DrizZzY said:

I think its the right call. I respect the attempt, but he just doesnt look healthy enough yet. 

Yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess I lost my bet that Tiger would win by12 strokes? Good for him. Took guts to play in pain. Takes guts for a guy like him to withdraw. 
Now, c’mon Bubba! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Ugh, just heard the announcer say that on a short par-4, you always have to lay up and choose an angle.  This after a poor shot by (I think) Pereira on the 9th.  What year is it?  Not that it was true in the past, but at least in the past they had an excuse for believing it.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Ugh, just heard the announcer say that on a short par-4, you always have to lay up and choose an angle.  This after a poor shot by (I think) Pereira on the 9th.  What year is it?  Not that it was true in the past, but at least in the past they had an excuse for believing it.  

right?? it's wild how little the announcers and analysts have updated their golf knowledge. I still hear incorrect comments about the ball flight lights!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

right?? it's wild how little the announcers and analysts have updated their golf knowledge. I still hear incorrect comments about the ball flight lights!

It really is.  I have sort of accepted that people aren't going to get the ball flight laws right, but I still expect they'll get things like expected value right.  I hope my making a distinction between applied math and physics doesn't cause some controversy. ;-)  But I do think at least the math should be easier to correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, Shindig said:

It really is.  I have sort of accepted that people aren't going to get the ball flight laws right, but I still expect they'll get things like expected value right.  I hope my making a distinction between applied math and physics doesn't cause some controversy. ;-)  But I do think at least the math should be easier to correct.

Sometimes they do get the math right. I can’t remember what tournament it was or which broadcast team, but they had an interesting graphic showing the expected SG on a short par 4, and without fail the closer to the green the ball was the more strokes gained the player, well, gained. Wish they did that stuff more 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

29 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

Wish they did that stuff more 

Really!  It'd be so much easier to get right.

I just saw Justin Thomas hit his third at 16, from a greenside bunker.  After he stepped out of the bunker (after hitting a great shot), he lifted each foot in succession and smacked the shoe with his wedge.  I do this too (in my case, after I rake and am done in the bunker;  I assume his caddie will rake).  I wonder where I picked up the habit.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just watched the last hour on catch up and am finally up to speed. Some very nervy golf today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...