IGNORED

Longest Course You've Played

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Christ in a cartoon, that's a long course!!!!!!!!

Me (on the tee-box): "So, is this a par 5 or just a long par 4?" 

Playing partner: "Ah, this is a par 3"

Me (pulling driver from the bag): "Seriously?" 

Funny.

It wasn't really fun but it was memorable, especially the 12th hole into the wind at 504 yards.  

What I found at Bethpage was some of the holes sort of require carrying a bunker off the tee and it is relatively easy from the Blue tees but from the back, you have play safe making the hole effectively longer or at least that is what I remember whereas Torrey was just in your face long.

5 minutes ago, rvanculin said:

The longest I've played from the tips is 7,270, at Moraine CC. The cool thing there is that the back tees on the first hole are on the back of the practice green. So, you have to ask everyone to get off the green so you can tee off. 

I can't remember if it is Garden City or Shnnecock where the tips on the first hole are off the practice green.  Kinda unnerving to me.

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pikewood National 7,100 Yds, is the most recent longest course, back in November 2020.

Over the years, I'm sure there are others courses over 7,000 Yds, but it would've been many years ago (probably in the 90's).  The two below, I remember distinctly.

PGA West Stadium Course 7,300 Yds

Falmouth Country Club 7,300 Yds

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Bethpage Black

Kiawah Ocean Course 

Driver - Callaway Razr

3-wood - TM Stealth

7-wood - Titleist 

Irons - 5 through PW, Epon 503

Vokey Wedges

Putter - Odyssey TriHot 2

No where as long.   The Beaufort Club in Beaufort, NC - played from the whites @ 6351 71.6 134 at sea level, with a blowing gusting wind no matter which direction you were headed - either head wind or cross wind all day.   Probably the most challenging of any course I've played.   In close second was Lane Tree in Goldsboro, NC - played from the blues @ 6305 70.9 126.  Good course - always busy.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Thunder Hill C. C., Madison Ohio, Thunder tees at 7,504 yards. Not that I was anywhere near good enough to be back there, but...

I was a member at THCC in the early 1980's when it was a private club, and a group of about 12 of us who all played together regularly, had a sort of season ending tournament over 2 weekends, one round each from the four tee boxes. Thunder@7,504, Regular@6,859, Front@6,454, and Short@5,638. Was great fun, and a way to experience just about every square inch of your course.

Sadly, the course closed about 8 years ago.

Marshall

I've played a few courses between 7000 and 7200. A bit too long for my game, but it was still fun to be sure.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Los Serranos South Course, in Chino Hills, CA. 

Distance from their black tees is 7,628 - par 74. 

Both the pro-shop staff and signage on the first tee explicitly discourage anyone above a 5 handicap from playing the blacks. I was probably about a 10 handicap when I did it, but was able to blend in among the rest of my foursome, all of whom were low single digit golfers. 

I had a really solid ball-striking round that day and finished with an 89. By itself the score was nothing to write home about, but I remember feeling really proud about that round.

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Los Serranos South Course, in Chino Hills, CA. 

Distance from their black tees is 7,628 - par 74. 

Both the pro-shop staff and signage on the first tee explicitly discourage anyone above a 5 handicap from playing the blacks. I was probably about a 10 handicap when I did it, but was able to blend in among the rest of my foursome, all of whom were low single digit golfers. 

I had a really solid ball-striking round that day and finished with an 89. By itself the score was nothing to write home about, but I remember feeling really proud about that round.

I've played this one twice ... not touched the blacks either time.  I don't need that kind of torture.  Although I did make the dumb mistake of walking the course last time out.

Honestly, even though I've only played the blues, that's probably still the answer for me.  The blues there are 7188.

There is a course in Fresno (where I grew up) that I notice has gone the route of Los Serranos as well.  It's called Dragonfly golf club and they've added a set of "way back black" tees beyond the black tees so they can claim themselves the 4th longest course in California.

Hole1-RBD.jpg

Explore one of the longest and highest rated golf courses in California. View each hole's layout and learn more about all Dragonfly has to offer.

Par 73, 7,798 yards!!!!!!!!!  I've played the blues here, maybe the blacks, definitely not the way back  (I did play the 17th hole once just for fun, but not the whole course)  In fact I made a thread on it: 

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I've played this one twice ... not touched the blacks either time.  I don't need that kind of torture.  Although I did make the dumb mistake of walking the course last time out.

Honestly, even though I've only played the blues, that's probably still the answer for me.  The blues there are 7188.

There is a course in Fresno (where I grew up) that I notice has gone the route of Los Serranos as well.  It's called Dragonfly golf club and they've added a set of "way back black" tees beyond the black tees so they can claim themselves the 4th longest course in California.

Hole1-RBD.jpg

Explore one of the longest and highest rated golf courses in California. View each hole's layout and learn more about all Dragonfly has to offer.

Par 73, 7,798 yards!!!!!!!!!  I've played the blues here, maybe the blacks, definitely not the way back  (I did play the 17th hole once just for fun, but not the whole course)  In fact I made a thread on it: 

You got me beat! 

As tough as that 702 yard hole looks, I think my relative scoring average would be worse on the hole before it. That 16th hole looks like a beast from the back tees. Unless they had a drop zone area marked off, I can easily see myself losing multiple balls into that lake if my swing wasn't on that day.

Note: This thread is 1177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!