IGNORED

Longest Course You've Played

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1165 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What’s the longest golf course you’ve ever played? By that I mean the longest course from the tees you played that day, not yardage from the tips.

For me, there’s two that stick out. One was at the regional high school competition my freshman year, and we played the tips (this wasn’t a super long course), which were about 6700 per the scorecard. But they shortened it a bit to just under 6600.

About a month before that, the team went to play nine holes one afternoon at one of the toughest courses in Durham, Treyburn CC. I was planning to play the white tees (total yardage a hair over 6300), but my buddies practically dragged me back to the blues (one short of the tips, total yardage 6775).

I think this is gonna be interesting to read!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"the longest course from the tees you played that day, not yardage from the tips."

I don't recall.  Maybe 6,700 yards. I know I never played at 7,000+.  I have never been one of the guys who want to see the whole course. I know my many limitations and have always tried to play at a realistic length.

Brian Kuehn

I know I've played 7500-7600yds at Wine Valley. Not sure if that's the longest I've been to or not.

• Like 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

16 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I have never been one of the guys who want to see the whole course. I know my many limitations and have always tried to play at a realistic length.

Good on you. Although I do occasionally like to go back to a longer tee (my comfort yardage is 5900-6200) I’ve never been one of those guys either. 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

One of the longer courses I remember playing was Moon Valley, AZ for the 2015 Newport Cup.  We played the hybrid tees, a combination of the longest and the second-longest.  If the yardages haven't changed, my google search tells me that we played just over 7000 yards.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

7229 yards, at CommonGround Golf Course in Denver. It is as altitude, so it's not comparable to playing that long at sea level. It would be roughly comparable to playing a 6,600 yard course at sea level.

I think if you adjusted for altitude, playing Pinehurst No. 2 at 6961 yards would be my longest course.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

A now defunct course in Myrtle Beach that was one of our favorites. Probably since it was the first course we played there back in the early 80's. Raccoon Run was known to be, if not THE longest, one of the longest courses in the Southeast at the time. Tips were out to 7350, while the Whites were at 6809. Relatively benign front 9. But the back... yeesh. 10 was 575 from Whites into the prevailing wind. Then there were 2 Par 3's at 11 and 15 that were 210+ from Whites (250 or so from tips). BOTH were nearly all carry over water to the front edge. 

HOWEVER- the saving grace to all that length was firm and FAST fairways. Plenty of rollout with the lower trajectories of the time. You could easily add 20-40 yards to your average just from the roll. 

How do I remember those yardages from so long ago? Well, I didn't- the scorecard is still in the SkyGolf database! 

RRscore.png

The Legacy course, the longer of the 2 courses at my home club.  7,160 from the tips.

Doral Blue Monster.  Gold (one up) tees at 7,020.  

Both way too long for me even years ago when I played them at those lengths.  These days I generally try to keep it under 6,400 or so.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Back when "The Harvester" in Rhodes, Iowa was a daily fee course I played it from the tips with some knuckleheads who thought playing the tips was a good idea. I believe it measures just under 7350 from back there. Personally, I think the course is very over-rated. But I've played it a bunch and had fun a lot of fun there. It's also the only place I've ever witnessed an actual albatross. A buddy of mine hit driver/5-wood on one of the par 5's. It was pretty cool. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

A few courses around 7100-7200 yards. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

There are a couple courses I play quite a bit around here that are just under 7800 yards. 

Sandia Golf Club 7755 Yds

Twin Warriors GC 7736 yds

The course I played that seemed to play the longest was The Grand Traverse Resort Bear Course which plays 7078 yards from the tips. It's a tough long track. In fact you have to get cleared by the pro shop to even play the back tees. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Ross Bridges GC Alabama Orange tees were 6783. Loved the course but had some BIG holes. Then it snowed a week later. Orange is the 3rd set of tees with the tips being 8191. 

Aloha 

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Torrey Pines South from the tips in drizzle and very soft fairways.  It played like 8,200 yards but I think it is 7,800 on the card.  Bethpage Black from the tips is around 7400-7,500 and par 71 IIRC and seems to played as long as Torrey to me anyway (also cold, wet, soft fairways).

49 minutes ago, Rippy_72 said:

Torrey Pines South from the tips in drizzle and very soft fairways.  It played like 8,200 yards but I think it is 7,800 on the card.  Bethpage Black from the tips is around 7400-7,500 and par 71 IIRC and seems to played as long as Torrey to me anyway (also cold, wet, soft fairways).

Christ in a cartoon, that's a long course!!!!!!!!

Me (on the tee-box): "So, is this a par 5 or just a long par 4?" 

Playing partner: "Ah, this is a par 3"

Me (pulling driver from the bag): "Seriously?" 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

The longest I've played from the tips is 7,270, at Moraine CC. The cool thing there is that the back tees on the first hole are on the back of the practice green. So, you have to ask everyone to get off the green so you can tee off. 

The longest hybrid setup I've played was around 7,400 yards, at the Pete Dye River Course at VA Tech. It's 7,685 from the tips, and 7,180 from the one-ups, and we played half of each.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1165 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!