IGNORED

PXG 0211 Driver - Just Say No?

Zippo

Their shipping charges are out of this world...I was going to order a 0211 wedge and shipping was $30.00..After deciding to get a lob wedge to match, the shipping changed tp $60.00

I just refuse to do that.... I can get a real good price on the 0211 driver 

Driver: Wishon 959 OL v2 reg 10.5*
fw wood 949 mc 16.5 4 wood

irons: AP1 5- gap GS 95 regular

multiple wedges

• 2 weeks later...

I just said yes on the PXG 0211 Prototype with the Tensei CK Blue Pro

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Cool! I hope you like it as much as I do my PXG 0211 driver. It is extremely forgiving of off center face hits. I rarely miss a fairway with it now and have gained a few yards, too. Really liking it.

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

I hope you like it as much as I do my PXG 0211 driver. It is extremely forgiving of off center face hits. I rarely miss a fairway with it now and have gained a few yards, too. Really liking it.

My teacher / fitter is really high on PXG clubs. When I got fitted for irons I didn't consider PXG due to cost of the new models, and I am happy with the irons I ended up with, but when I do a driver fitting at the end of this year I am definitely putting PXG in my list.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

On 3/22/2021 at 2:12 PM, saevel25 said:

I just pulled the trigger on the 0811X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60g.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I just pulled the trigger on the 0811X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60g.

Cool. Be waiting to hear how you like it.

The driver showed up today...

IMG_1523.jpeg IMG_1524.jpeg 

IMG_1525.jpegIMG_1526.jpeg

IMG_1527.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

27 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

The driver showed up today...

IMG_1523.jpeg IMG_1524.jpeg 

IMG_1525.jpegIMG_1526.jpeg

IMG_1527.jpeg

Nice! Mine comes tomorrow! Definitely hitting the range.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Am I the only one who pushes the mute button when Bob Parsons starts hawking his wares on the Golf Chanel? His hoarse barking really sets me off.

Ok so I made an ordering goof. All good now. Today I received the 0811X + with the Diamana 60g S shaft. Hit it today at the range and loved it! My goof was in my ordering frenzy I also ordered the 0811X with the HZRDUS Yellow Smoke 60g. lol....dumbass. So I’ll be returning that as it arrived Friday.

I wanted the 0811X+ as it states it’s ‘designed for those who hit up with the driver’ as opposed to down with the 0811X. I have no idea what the design specs are to claim this but I went with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 2:15 PM, Vinsk said:

Ok so I made an ordering goof. All good now. Today I received the 0811X + with the Diamana 60g S shaft. Hit it today at the range and loved it! My goof was in my ordering frenzy I also ordered the 0811X with the HZRDUS Yellow Smoke 60g. lol....dumbass. So I’ll be returning that as it arrived Friday.

I wanted the 0811X+ as it states it’s ‘designed for those who hit up with the driver’ as opposed to down with the 0811X. I have no idea what the design specs are to claim this but I went with it.

How do you like your new driver, @Vinsk? I am really liking mine a bunch and am very glad to have it. I'm not convinced my distance is greater - other than the fairways drying out more - but I am hitting it down the fairway almost every time now. It's become a rarity for me to miss the fairway.

12 minutes ago, Zippo said:

How do you like your new driver, @Vinsk? I am really liking mine a bunch and am very glad to have it. I'm not convinced my distance is greater - other than the fairways drying out more - but I am hitting it down the fairway almost every time now. It's become a rarity for me to miss the fairway.

I really like it! Definitely better accuracy as well. I’ve picked up a few yards but I attribute that to the shaft. Could be the driver tech, I love the feel and sound of the head. Definitely recommend this driver.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

I know I'm bumping up an old thread but I'm due for a new driver since I currently game a Titleist 915 D2.

Question i guess for @saevel25and @Vinsk - why did you choose the 0811X as opposed to the 0211?  Are you still gaming it.  It looks like they only have 12° loft left on it so might not even be worth getting.

For those of you who have the 0211, are you still happy with it?  I've never bought clubs online before so curious if you might suggest how i could go about determining loft, shaft, and all the other specs.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

8 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I know I'm bumping up an old thread but I'm due for a new driver since I currently game a Titleist 915 D2.

Question i guess for @saevel25and @Vinsk - why did you choose the 0811X as opposed to the 0211?  Are you still gaming it.  It looks like they only have 12° loft left on it so might not even be worth getting.

For those of you who have the 0211, are you still happy with it?  I've never bought clubs online before so curious if you might suggest how i could go about determining loft, shaft, and all the other specs.

Honestly I can’t completely remember but I think I had hit both and just liked the 0811. @saevel25 is a better one to ask though as he’s a bomber…haha. 

11 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I'm still very happy with the PXG 0211. It's more driver than I am swinger. For a while, I lost the swing that kept me in the fairways and developed one of those heavyweight fades. I raised the loft all of the way on the driver and, with working on swing path and club face control, am slowly starting to gain the upper hand again, I have even hit a couple of low duck hooks and one very nice draw, so I see that as progress.

On 7/10/2022 at 7:36 AM, Vinsk said:

Honestly I can’t completely remember but I think I had hit both and just liked the 0811. @saevel25 is a better one to ask though as he’s a bomber…haha. 

Ahh, ok.

Paging @saevel25... 😁

On 7/10/2022 at 10:49 AM, Zippo said:

I'm still very happy with the PXG 0211. It's more driver than I am swinger. For a while, I lost the swing that kept me in the fairways and developed one of those heavyweight fades. I raised the loft all of the way on the driver and, with working on swing path and club face control, am slowly starting to gain the upper hand again, I have even hit a couple of low duck hooks and one very nice draw, so I see that as progress.

So then overall you'd say good purchase then?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

0811 X+ is a good driver. I wouldn't say I gained significant yardage with this driver. It was mostly the fitting process and getting the right golf shaft and clubhead combination. 

Really, unless a driver is on the absolute higher spin end or the lower spin end of the spectrum, then they are all close enough that you just need to get fitted and see what works best for your price point. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag