IGNORED

Why do We Talk to Our Golf Ball?

Double Mocha Man
Note: This thread is 1154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 3/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, Darkfrog said:

I have a bunch of relatives from near New Bedford, MA (a couple of my great uncles out there worked for Acushnet), and it takes me about a day of acclimation to fully understand them. It's like listening to a Scottish person speak English, eventually you start to understand.

Noo jist  haud oan  a minit therr pal ;-)))

• Funny 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I’ve been wondering this too! As if our ball will actually listen to what we’re saying! Talking to the ball is actually the main way I express my emotions on the course. If I’m frustrated, you’ll hear it in my voice.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

On 3/7/2021 at 1:38 PM, boogielicious said:

And they’re made in Massachusetts so only our accent works!

I'll keep that in mind, my Snells are also made in Massachusetts.

But mine listened to me yesterday, sometimes.  I got fed up with a bad shot and it wasn't listening, so I told it to keep hooking and roll into the rough.  And it did! 

• Funny 2

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 3/7/2021 at 7:20 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

I have a 10:08 tee time tomorrow morning and I'm vowing not to talk to my ball for the entire round.  Probably won't make it past my approach shot on #1.  This might be another good usage for duct tape.

Hello Mr. Really Nice,

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you only have one ball.   :tumble:

I have a similar challenge when I play. I try not to react to any shot until at least 10 seconds after it comes to rest. That`s the time period when all the dumb, unhelpful words of genius come out...

Missed it, topped it, thinned it, babied it, that's in the water/OB/long grass, I'm such a wanker, shit, f***, 'unt' with a C, will you stop moving during my backswing you complete waste of a sperm, noooooo, Jesus Christ, did you see that feckin' bounce, and all sorts of painful sounds. There are of course many more, we've heard and used them all and many more.

I can do quite well with this until I bury my driver into my tee after a poor drive. Acts of anger, sarcasm or any negative or positive body language are also forbidden.

I talk to my hosels. I mean, they’re going to get such a beating I figure I owe them that much. 

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

41 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I talk to my hosels. I mean, they’re going to get such a beating I figure I owe them that much. 

Is it true you have Band-Aids on your hosels?

50 minutes ago, JuliWooli said:

"Hello Mr. Really Nice"

Careful with that moniker! You're going to ruin my reputation on this site.

On 3/7/2021 at 11:12 PM, Carl3 said:

On of the more annoying experiences on the golf course is when someone hits a pull hook off the tee and starts yelling "CUT!, CUT!". 

News flash: a hook or even a draw will not cut...EVER. These folks are often seen wearing a white belt. 😁

I beg to differ...

On 12/6/2013 at 8:51 PM, BuckeyeNut said:

Do you remember breaking any balls?    I played once when it was 8 degrees and I broke AT LEAST 6 balls, but probably more..........they get brittle.  LOL

I've split a ball in 2.....and watched half slice to the left and the other half slice to the right

On 3/8/2021 at 9:55 AM, Double Mocha Man said:

I bet if you had said, "Don't get in the hole, I can't afford a hole-in-one," the ball still would have rolled into the cup. 😉🍺

I'm sure you are incorrect. 
Just yesterday, I hit a 9 iron on hole 2 at Eagle Sticks in Zanesville, Ohio. Damned thing was right at it. One hop and the ball hit the flag. Ended up a couple inches away for a tap in birdie. 

Just afterwards, I realized I didn't tell it to "Get in the hole." I'm sure if I would have told it to it would have.... I mean it did that one time, right? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Note: This thread is 1154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!