IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Ceej

Happy birthday, Wolfie. Some of the most gorgeous music ever put on this earth.

In English

auf Deutsch

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Happy Bday Wolfgang! 

Thanks again nevets for posting classical music! Mozart was the Beatles, Who, Stones, and Zepplin of his time, no, wait, of all time. He was and will always be the biggest rock star ever.

Mozart's Requiem could possibly be the most brilliant and moving piece of music in history. Period. Every single note grabs your ear. It defies description. I can't say that of any contemporary music.

dak4n6

More Wolfie

Steve

Good stuff man. Thanks.

Just to put things in perspective, Wolfie lived in the 1700's. No electricity. No computers. No recording software.  No auto-tune (gasp!). He wrote, note for note,  40 minute long symphonies of incredible beauty and complexity by hand that included 28 different instruments. 

And yet, we crown someone who pumps out a song in 2 days using a computer loop and a drum machine as one of the best creative geniuses of all time....

dak4n6

Steve

A couple nights ago I tuned in to an unplugged performance of the Scorpions. I was like WTF? ANOTHER amazing band that I kind of ignored through the decades when I was younger. They were over the top amazing. Immaculate musicians. Ear catching songwriting. And the singer has great tone and control and can hit some notes. Why didn't anyone tell me? 

dak4n6

Jackson Browne classic and a Yo La Tengo Cover

Steve

George Harrison - I Dig Love, Dawes And Ben Sollee - I Dig Love

Steve

On 2/12/2016 at 11:09 AM, colin007 said:

was mozart overrated?  i see a lot of people express that opinion.

People go overboard describing his greatness but nonetheless, he wrote a ton of great music.

Steve

The kid in the Moonlight Sonata Android commercial playing a Bach Partita. Will we be seeing more performers w/tattoos? I dunno, but it takes a little of the stale uptightness of classical music away.

Waldstein - too bad there's no 3rd movement. 

Lady Gaga

Steve

Steve

Colbert steps in w/Violent Femmes to perform the classic "Blister in the Sun"

Steve