IGNORED

Personal 4 Day Golf School

Note: This thread is 1093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Next weekend I have four consecutive days off.  What I would like to do is a personal 4 day golf school and work on all aspects of my game for about 6 hours a day for four days.  If you could design the schedule what would you include,  For me it's probably going to be 30% short game, 30% putting, 30% full swing, 5% course management and 5% mental game.

WITB

Cobra  Wishon 911 D FMAX 10.5 ,EQ-NX 4W, 7W, 4H/6H, 7-LW

Biomech Acculock Ace Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I’d consider changing the amount of time you’re going to spend on different skills.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

45 minutes ago, Themightyoz said:

Next weekend I have four consecutive days off.  What I would like to do is a personal 4 day golf school and work on all aspects of my game for about 6 hours a day for four days.  If you could design the schedule what would you include,  For me it's probably going to be 30% short game, 30% putting, 30% full swing, 5% course management and 5% mental game.

I'm not sure what you'd do for course management and mental game self guided school? Maybe reread Lowest Score Wins?

As far as the other aspects. That's like 2 hours a day on each of them. Which sounds like fun. Do you have specific things you are going to be working on? Drills or what have you?

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

What I'm working on right now is short game.  My power game is decent and my driving is great.  

For mental game I plan on rereading Zen Golf and Golf State of Mind.  I also plan on doing tons of short putts and driver shots with pressure so that I can get over my fear of the first shot of the round and leaving putts short.  

Getting the ball 12" past the hole in putting instead of dieing them at the hole.  

Angle of attack is also a big part of my work right now.

WITB

• Administrator

Your handicap index says "29." How accurate is that?

I'd really look at the link in the second post on this topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

29 s very accurate.  I'll take a look thanks.

WITB

One other book you might like to look at for your mental game is 'Golf is a Game of Confidence' by Dr. Bob Rotella.  I found it quite interesting and it did help with my focus.

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 2:04 PM, Themightyoz said:

How did your personal 4 day golf school go? Would you recommend it? And what would you do differently?

Dave

Life got in the way, but still plan on doing it at some point.

WITB

19 hours ago, Themightyoz said:

Life got in the way, but still plan on doing it at some point.

Yep, I get that. There is so much in life that needs to be prioritized over golf. Golf is still a game. Life, and the people in need to be given more priority. Sometimes I forget that. But hopefully, there will be a time in the future when you can do your 4 day golf school. Best wishes. 

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at May 13-18 now.  Covid restriction's killed my golf trip and I still have the time off.

WITB

Note: This thread is 1093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!