IGNORED

New Edel Wedges

Note: This thread is 1089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Edel Golf Swing Match System wedge to offer golf club adjustability in a wedge fitting for the first time. Our testers showed a 44% gain in accuracy. The line has four distinct wedge grinds, endless custom fitting and...

I think it is time to buy some new wedges, when they are available.  :banana::beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
19 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

I think it is time to buy some new wedges, when they are available.  :banana::beer:

Happy to help you out with those.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

Happy to help you out with those.

For sure, would it be possible for you to come down to do a fitting?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Quick question.  I currently have a set of irons that are maybe 15 years old (TaylorMade RAC OS) and am considering sharpening the grooves since vitamin M is a consideration.  I know that technically it is illegal but how effective is this in improving the clubs, and particularly the wedges? Or is buying another set the only alternative

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

8 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

Quick question.  I currently have a set of irons that are maybe 15 years old (TaylorMade RAC OS) and am considering sharpening the grooves since vitamin M is a consideration.  I know that technically it is illegal but how effective is this in improving the clubs, and particularly the wedges? Or is buying another set the only alternative

You've got a museum's worth of clubs there... 😁

• Funny 1

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

For sure, would it be possible for you to come down to do a fitting?

I could if we could arrange a pretty good day of stuff. Or even forge it around a TST themed day or something.

MAP is $199 on a standard wedge (fully fit, of course) and $225 for a custom wedge (stamping, ferrule, etc.).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

I could if we could arrange a pretty good day of stuff. Or even forge it around a TST themed day or something.

MAP is $199 on a standard wedge (fully fit, of course) and $225 for a custom wedge (stamping, ferrule, etc.).

Works for me (I'll be doing the custom wedge), when will they be available and when are you free to come down?  

I'm sure, @DaveP043and @GolfLug would be up for some golf at Springfield and Stoneleigh.

I could also see if there are others at my club that might be interested in new wedges, as well.

-Jerry

2 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Works for me (I'll be doing the custom wedge), when will they be available and when are you free to come down?  

I'm sure, @DaveP043and @GolfLug would be up for some golf at Springfield and Stoneleigh.

I could also see if there are others at my club that might be interested in new wedges, as well.

We can make something work.  It won't be snowing, at least.  We should coordinate with our respective pro shops regarding the fittings, don't want to ruffle any feathers.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

We can make something work.  It won't be snowing, at least.  We should coordinate with our respective pro shops regarding the fittings, don't want to ruffle any feathers.

Yes, we'd have to do that.

And to be totally clear, it's gotta be worth my $ to get down there. I don't even care too much about worth my time and money, but I can't lose money fitting only three people while spending several hundred $ to drive down, stay overnight at least once, etc.

That might mean… ten or twelve fittings?

Maybe more if I'm splitting some of the proceeds with the pro shop/range/whatever?

1 hour ago, jsgolfer said:

Happy to support TST meetups schedule permitting. A new EDEL would be nice. 

Vishal S.

19 hours ago, iacas said:

Yes, we'd have to do that.

And to be totally clear, it's gotta be worth my $ to get down there. I don't even care too much about worth my time and money, but I can't lose money fitting only three people while spending several hundred $ to drive down, stay overnight at least once, etc.

That might mean… ten or twelve fittings?

Maybe more if I'm splitting some of the proceeds with the pro shop/range/whatever?

19 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Hopefully we can figure something out, maybe even see if you can do an Aimpoint while you're here.  I'll talk to my pro this weekend and see what he thinks.

-Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone played the new SMS wedges yet?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

I don’t think they’re shipping yet.

Note: This thread is 1089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!