IGNORED

June 13, 2021 - PA/OH/NY Meetup (Deer Ridge GC, OH)

1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Knowing you, I'm going to guess you went to the gym. 

Would you think different if my screen name were RFKLOVESCHET? 😜

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Would you think different if my screen name were RFKLOVESCHET? 😜

Ah... yeah... and I'd be a bit worried to be honest. 

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Whoever chose this course (me) should be punished.

And @georgep too.

Apologies.

What was wrong with it?

I played there one time last fall and it was in decent shape back then but haven't been up there yet this year.

1 minute ago, klineka said:

What was wrong with it?

I think nearly every tee shot on the front nine was a blind tee shot. Then you have every 2nd shot on the par 5 being a blind 2nd shot/layup. There was a handful of 2nd shots on par 4's that were blind. It wasn't enjoyable. The back nine was much better. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I think nearly every tee shot on the front nine was a blind tee shot. Then you have every 2nd shot on the par 5 being a blind 2nd shot/layup. There was a handful of 2nd shots on par 4's that were blind. It wasn't enjoyable. The back nine was much better. 

Yes the back nine was much better. Only two blind shots.

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes the back nine was much better. Only two blind shots.

I enjoyed the course. Really enjoyed the company. Did not play well. Did hit a handful of really good shots. Generally followed shortly thereafter by a horrible shot. It was a great time. 

I had a great time - it was good to see everyone, and I really enjoy when we get this group together (almost) every year.

I've played a lot of courses with changes in character (some tree lined holes, some stretches more open), but I can't remember playing one with such a vastly different "feel" between the nines. You play 10 holes in a row with drastic elevation changes, blind shots, limbs overhanging tee boxes...and then you walk onto the 11th tee and see a 50-yard-wide fairway and the next 6 holes laid out in front of you in open field.

As I said to @iacason the 15th hole (or so): "I really liked the second course we played today much better than the first."

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, Hardspoon said:

I had a great time - it was good to see everyone, and I really enjoy when we get this group together (almost) every year.

I've played a lot of courses with changes in character (some tree lined holes, some stretches more open), but I can't remember playing one with such a vastly different "feel" between the nines. You play 10 holes in a row with drastic elevation changes, blind shots, limbs overhanging tee boxes...and then you walk onto the 11th tee and see a 50-yard-wide fairway and the next 6 holes laid out in front of you in open field.

As I said to @iacason the 15th hole (or so): "I really liked the second course we played today much better than the first."

My sentiments exactly. It was great getting together with everyone for sure.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

11 is the (goofy) par three. But your point stands @Hardspoon.

Ah, right - it was #12, the par 5, where it really opens up.  Hey, we're lucky I even remember it at all!

Had a great time as always. @georgep @Hardspoon @saevel25despite our differences (Buckeye vs Wolverine), nothing unites a team quite like battle, and those first 11 holes were a battle. It was an honor to claim victory with you. 

Thanks @iacasfor another great outing. See everyone next year.  

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

To all who attended: you have your "outing" badge already, right? I think so, but thought I'd double-check to make sure.

Sorry for whatever role I played in choosing the course (none). But I still don’t get what’s so important about seeing your ball land. Matt had several that no one saw land (and maybe they never did).

It was great to see everyone yesterday!  Next year, we’ll find a flatter course.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

Maybe one with fewer than nine blind shots in the first eight holes and fewer 210-yard par fours. 🙂

Also, photos!

1AC482AC-4B7E-47DD-A398-76F398ABF7B3.jpeg

B04061CC-A112-4504-B60B-A1577941976F.jpeg

4FA17922-2C87-4CE7-A07C-A3218F5D8FE3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2