IGNORED

The Match IV - Phil and Tom vs. Bryson and Aaron (July 6, 2021)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I’ll admit I’m enjoying this. Much better than the previous ones.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We all think of Bryson as a bulked up guy, but he looks small compared to Rogers. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

We all think of Bryson as a bulked up guy, but he looks small compared to Rogers. 

And I think of Rodgers as pretty small as far as quarterbacks go.

As for Brady's tee shot at #10, Phil hitting first may have been smart:  nothing like "hit the driver well or you're hitting a bunker shot" to motivate someone ;-)  

Remember when Phil and Tiger played Fourball in the Ryder Cup and clearly did not plan out who was hitting first and where their targets were?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Dum dee doo.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Unfortunately, I didn't find it as enjoyable as I had hoped it would be. I understand that it's basically "entertainment" with a benefit to the sponsors and charity (a good thing) but I found it mostly boring. A few good quips, yes, But, other than that not much in the way of good golf. The "hand on the hip" candy gal was pretty funny to watch - place her non-microphone hand on her hip and thrust out - but the golf itself was pretty boring. I can watch Bryson bang it into the woods most every weekend 'though it might have been interesting had he put it near the bear.

• Administrator

Cheyenne Woods was not utilized much.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 minutes ago, Zippo said:

The "hand on the hip" candy gal was pretty funny to watch - place her non-microphone hand on her hip and thrust out - 

Who was that?

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Cheyenne Woods was not utilized much.

Agreed. I thought they'd do more with her.

14 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I’ll admit I’m enjoying this. Much better than the previous ones.

I enjoyed it too. I only dipped in here and there. But I found it enjoyable.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I enjoyed it until Jeopardy came on then switched to that. I’m sure A-Aron would not blame me.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

6 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

Didn’t watch too much, but didn’t find it very entertaining.

I started off enjoying it but then lost some interest. BDC played like a good amateur and too much ‘down time’ was going on. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 7/6/2021 at 2:18 PM, KMP said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Have these matches started yet? 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

24 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Have these matches started yet? 

They were Tuesday night 

Scott

My Swing Thread

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I started off enjoying it but then lost some interest. BDC played like a good amateur and too much ‘down time’ was going on. 

I enjoyed what I saw, but the downtime was a big issue for me.  It felt as though they were told to slow down to allow time for ... whatever else they added.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

I enjoyed what I saw, but the downtime was a big issue for me.  It felt as though they were told to slow down to allow time for ... whatever else they added.  

Yeah. I know live seems like the only way to go. But, I think if this was recorded and edited it could make for a much better ‘show’.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah. I know live seems like the only way to go. But, I think if this was recorded and edited it could make for a much better ‘show’.

You don’t like watching BD drive a cart around looking for his ball?

• Funny 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Yes, exactly.  There are times in sports where in-between action is exciting:  when I watch football, I find the time where the ball is dead to be just as exciting.  In a golf tournament, they can build suspense or cut to other action (or both).  I remember really enjoying watching the match play finals a few years ago when most of what they could show was Tiger Woods and Stewart Cink, and even though that match ended well short of what they allocated time for, I remember enjoying that round.  Similar with Tiger and Rocco's playoff thirteen years ago.

Maybe a viewer's cut of The Match events would be good.   Or maybe the lack of suspense is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of consequence to the outcome like some of my other examples.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 1030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!