IGNORED

Brooks-Bryson Feud

ncates00
Note: This thread is 845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Brooks REALLY doesn’t like BDC. I wonder what BDC said to set BK off like this? BK seems really whiny and annoying in this clip, unless BDC said something to him. Maybe BDC was talking his usual golf talk, or maybe BDC mocked him? I dunno. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Brooks REALLY doesn’t like BDC. I wonder what BDC said to set BK off like this? BK seems really whiny and annoying in this clip, unless BDC said something to him. Maybe BDC was talking his usual golf talk, or maybe BDC mocked him? I dunno. 

I was just about to post this. Yeah…I don’t really care if BDC said anything…BK continues his douche baggery antics. He’s just incredibly unlikeable. He’s similar to Ryan Lochte in trying so hard to be cool but really just doesn’t have it. A BK reality show would fail as bad as Lochte’s did.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

23 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I was just about to post this. Yeah…I don’t really care if BDC said anything…BK continues his douche baggery antics. He’s just incredibly unlikeable. He’s similar to Ryan Lochte in trying so hard to be cool but really just doesn’t have it. A BK reality show would fail as bad as Lochte’s did.

I agree, man. Before recently, I thought he was just a no nonsense, brutally honest kind of guy. Now, I’m starting to see what you and others have been saying about him. He seems unnecessarily dramatic and very unlikeable now. I get it—he played poorly and his knee hurts, but he’s crossing into some territory he needs to leave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ncates00 said:

I have no idea what he heard from BDC, but I love that he was that candid about it. That was hilarious, and makes him more relatable than some other players who just want to be robots at interviews. That is a totally human thing to do. You want to talk about something, someone or something just has you triggered, and you lose your train of thought. Totally OK with this. 

I really want to know if Bryson said something. I also want to know if Byron decided to walk past someone having an interview like that? I mean, he came from a direction were he had to notice him talking. Maybe a bit rude there? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Meh. I'm in for all of it.

f*** the vanilla, boring-ass PGA Tour.

Give me drama. Pair them together repeatedly in first rounds. The USGA won't because of the traditional groupings for the defending champ, but c'mon! Someone, do it! The British? The tabloid people would love it!

It's interesting. It's gossip. It's shallow as hell, but golf has been whitewashed for so long already.

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

I have no idea what he heard from BDC, but I love that he was that candid about it. That was hilarious, and makes him more relatable than some other players who just want to be robots at interviews. That is a totally human thing to do.

Yeah.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Bryson said "You just have to start it on the right line Brooksy" as he was walking by.  As I said on a previous post last year when Bryson bulked up, clearly he really added the size so that he would stand a chance in the inevitable throw down with Koepka.

• Funny 2

13 minutes ago, eich41 said:

Bryson said "You just have to start it on the right line Brooksy" as he was walking by.  As I said on a previous post last year when Bryson bulked up, clearly he really added the size so that he would stand a chance in the inevitable throw down with Koepka.

If he said that to Koepka, knowing he was doing an interview, that is just great stuff. 

I agree with Erik, lets pair them up 😉

Edited by saevel25
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, eich41 said:

Bryson said "You just have to start it on the right line Brooksy" as he was walking by.

Awesome! Good stuff.

• Like 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

47 minutes ago, iacas said:

Meh. I'm in for all of it.

f*** the vanilla, boring-ass PGA Tour.

Give me drama. Pair them together repeatedly in first rounds. The USGA won't because of the traditional groupings for the defending champ, but c'mon! Someone, do it! The British? The tabloid people would love it!

It's interesting. It's gossip. It's shallow as hell, but golf has been whitewashed for so long already.

Yeah.

And @saevel25, fair enough. I don’t expect people to get along with or like everyone. That’s fine. It just seemed to me like BK is just too easily annoyed and irritable. Like he was agitated at BDC. BK is far from the MJ and Tiger one liners that we came to love. BK just looks grumpy and unlikeable as opposed to a guy who just lets his clubs talk. 

18 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

It just seemed to me like BK is just too easily annoyed and irritable.

So what? So are a lot of people. Most people I know get way more upset at things than I do. 

19 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

BK just looks grumpy and unlikeable as opposed to a guy who just lets his clubs talk. 

Again, so what? 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

Awesome! Good stuff.

Bryson was needling Brooks in good fun.  Not sure why Brooks had such a nasty response.  Probably means he's not smart enough to dredge up a good comeback.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I have no idea what he heard from BDC, but I love that he was that candid about it. That was hilarious, and makes him more relatable than some other players who just want to be robots at interviews. That is a totally human thing to do. You want to talk about something, someone or something just has you triggered, and you lose your train of thought. Totally OK with this. 

I really want to know if Bryson said something. I also want to know if Byron decided to walk past someone having an interview like that? I mean, he came from a direction were he had to notice him talking. Maybe a bit rude there? 

I agree with your post, everybody is ragging on BK, but what did BD say and do? Sort of rude of him to walk in the interview space, it shows a bit of disrespect. I imagine it is rather tough to be always politically correct in high-pressure situations that golfers are put into, being interviewed so the whole golfing world can see and beyond . It would be interesting to see those who are critical, what they would do when put in these situations. To me, Brooks looks like he would be easy to get along with, and Bryson could be an ass.

• Like 1

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

You see something like that and normally there are a few miles of bad road that came before it.

Bryson knew what he was doing. That wasn't just good fun, because he knew who he was talking to.

But yes, This kind of stuff is great for entertainment value.

22 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Sort of rude of him to walk in the interview space

No. It's a walkway. It's where you...walk. Not rude. 

58 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

So what?

See @Double Mocha Man's statement above. Seems like BDC was taking a playful jab at BK, and BK took it personally. Maybe you like guys like BK, but not everyone does. I don't, but that's just my opinion. I guess BK can dish but not take. 

3 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

See @Double Mocha Man's statement above. Seems like BDC was taking a playful jab at BK, and BK took it personally. Maybe you like guys like BK, but not everyone does. I don't, but that's just my opinion. I guess BK can dish but not take. 

So, you just lost to Phil after trying to mount a comeback in the final 4 holes at one of the hardest golf courses in the world. You are being interviewed because you have to, not because you want to. You are trying to answer a question, and what seems to be like a person who doesn't like you and you do not like them walks past you, on camera, and throws some shade. 

So I ask, is that playful jab, or BDC just being an asshole. 

To me, BK has every right to take it personally. It's not like he stopped in frame, with a smile, jokingly saying something. He walked past, not even glancing at the camera, said something that the he probably only wanted BK to hear. No, to me BDC was way out of line. I personally like this sort of banter and edginess in sports. I can like it, and still say BDC is an asshole. 

• Like 3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

So, you just lost to Phil after trying to mount a comeback in the final 4 holes at one of the hardest golf courses in the world. You are being interviewed because you have to, not because you want to. You are trying to answer a question, and what seems to be like a person who doesn't like you and you do not like them walks past you, on camera, and throws some shade. 

Dude, the interview was after the second round, not the final round where all that happened. So yeah, it was a playful jab.

@saevel25 

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0522%2Fr857554_1

A video that was leaked Monday night on social media shows Brooks Koepka rolling his eyes at Bryson DeChambeau and cursing in frustration during a postround interview at the PGA Championship.

"The viral video, posted Monday night to social media platforms, is a clip from a Golf Channel interview after Koepka's second round Friday at Kiawah Island."

• Administrator

It wasn’t playful. They’ve been feuding for years.

Note: This thread is 845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!