IGNORED

Most comfortable golf shoes??

Note: This thread is 3489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Ecco shoes I just bought feel great.. I'll wait another year before I give my final opinion on them though!  I like how they are flat though with little spikes.. helps with green reading for me too!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My take on some of the golf shoes I've owned in the past 5 years.

Nike:  TW2009

Mouse Over Main Image to Zoom In / Click Main Image to Enlarge

These were surprisingly comfortable, but whoever came up with the idea for a partial canvas upper should be shot.  These didn't hold up for very long.

Nike SP6:

nike sp 6 ii golf shoes new closeout model the nike sp 6 ii golf shoe ...

These were comfy!  Circa 2010'ish.......

Adidas ADIPURE...circa 2010'ish...

golf shoes adidas adipure wd mens lace up comfort golf shoes product ...

These shoes were probably the highest quality shoe I've ever owned aside from some Footjoy classics I owned in the 1990s.  (those we horribly uncomfortable!)...   The ADIPURE were comfortable.

Footjoy Dryjoys:

Footjoy Dryjoys Tour Mens Golf Shoes

IMO...these are overrated and not very comfortable.   They feel like wearing dress shoes!!

Adidas Tour 360s..........

Adidas Tour 360 3.0 Golf Shoes - Black/Black/Silver

Not the most comfortable shoe, but not terrible either.  Average construction and these didn't stay waterproof for long.  I didn't keep these for very long...

Footjoy sandals:

Footjoy Golf Shoes Men's Greenjoys Golf Sandal 45493 BROWN DISTRESSED

These are an exception because I bought some of these on a lark in the early 2000s when I still walked a lot.  I couldn't resist commenting on these.

If you play early in the morning when the grass is still wet, these are absolutely HORRIBLE!!!  My feet would get BLACK, NASTY, and SMELLY!!  OMG these things smelled terrible!! I'd have to hose my feet off before entering my house!  I kept these for a year and dumped them in the garbage.   If you play mid-day and live in an arid climate, OK...maybe these wouldn't be so bad.  Yes...they were comfy if you didn't mind having black cruddy feet after a round

The worst shoe I ever felt on my feet:  Footjoy DNA

FootJoy DNA DryJoys Next Advancement Golf Shoe Black/Grey

I bought a pair of DNA this spring because I liked the look.   They didn't feel good on my feet in the store, but I bought them anyway.  I wore them around the house to see if I could tolerate them, but I couldn't.  They felt absolutely horrible on my feet........ the soles felt very stiff & hard and I could feel each and every spike pressing into the sole of my feet when walking.  I exchanged the DNA for 2 pair of Contour series shoes that I wear today.

Footjoy Contour Series:

FootJoy Contour Series Golfschuh

Hands down the most bang for your buck comfortable shoe on the market.   I currently rotate between the above pair and these below....

FootJoy Contour Series Contrast Stitch Golf Shoe - White Smooth/Black ...

For the $$$$, you cannot beat these shoes!!   I wear these now, and I will continue buying Contour series shoes in the foreseeable future.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

My feet are shrinking, or I'm losing more weight ... because the Trues are slipping around in the forefoot and giving my big toe fits.

Off to shoe shop ... Ecco Bioms possibly..

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The most comfortable soft cleat shoe I have ever played in is the Footjoy Icon.  I'm on my second season with them and they still look brand new.   I usually alternate the Icons with Footjoy XPS-1 which are also very comfortable, but not as comfortable as the Icon.  I just picked up a pair of Oakley Carbon Pro 2 which felt very comfortable in the store, but we'll see how they feel after 18.

Non-cleat shoes it's the Ecco Biom Hybrids.  I want to like the Trues more, but I guess I'm just not a minimalist shoe guy.

Joe Paradiso

The most comfortable soft cleat shoe I have ever played in is the Footjoy Icon.  I'm on my second season with them and they still look brand new.   I usually alternate the Icons with Footjoy XPS-1 which are also very comfortable, but not as comfortable as the Icon.  I just picked up a pair of Oakley Carbon Pro 2 which felt very comfortable in the store, but we'll see how they feel after 18.

Non-cleat shoes it's the Ecco Biom Hybrids.  I want to like the Trues more, but I guess I'm just not a minimalist shoe guy.

Of course, I go shoe shopping, or trying on shoes because unless it's a sale ....

There are exceptions, and shoes are one. If I must pay retail to get a fit, I pay retail. I value my feet.

Not a big FJ Guy -- I bought the Reel-Fits 7 years ago, and  ultimately they were just too tight in the forefoot.

I've been on a True habit since they started... BUT my forefoot in my right shoe moves around so much during practice that it bruised the right big toe ...

Tried on a bunch of shoes yesterday ... everything seems so minimalist -- some of them are just a shoe with the Freddie Couples spikeless pattern and no apparent golf features. Made me cringe to think of buying them...

I don't like a lot of cushion after years of True, but some were comfy - Nike Lunar Stuff, FJ, and then I went to the Ecco -- I wore them in the early 00's. Biom Hybrid fit well, almost too well - a smidgen tight. But the price was right ... so I moved up to size 45 ... the heel cup was huge.. so I am a 44. Looked at the Biom Golf Lace, and looked at the price .... oh, oh... I'll probably like these.... sure enough, the fit in a 44 is just right and it is ... spiked! Haven't done spikes in years. But it is comfy, not too much cushion. But at $240, thought I'd wait. The old model I found at home is $145, but I did not try on the old model.  And after all, they based the BIOM on the feet of 2500 athletes ... they can't be wrong, can they? :-$

Decided to buy a pair online, and use my Trues on the course with a thicker sock or insole to tighten it up. where it's a comfy walk and I don't have to worry about the wear and tear they place on my big toe after 2 hrs on the range.

I want to look at New Balance golf shoes next ... they seem to be gaining traction...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Of course, I go shoe shopping, or trying on shoes because unless it's a sale ....

There are exceptions, and shoes are one. If I must pay retail to get a fit, I pay retail. I value my feet.

Not a big FJ Guy -- I bought the Reel-Fits 7 years ago, and  ultimately they were just too tight in the forefoot.

I've been on a True habit since they started... BUT my forefoot in my right shoe moves around so much during practice that it bruised the right big toe ...

Tried on a bunch of shoes yesterday ... everything seems so minimalist -- some of them are just a shoe with the Freddie Couples spikeless pattern and no apparent golf features. Made me cringe to think of buying them...

I don't like a lot of cushion after years of True, but some were comfy - Nike Lunar Stuff, FJ, and then I went to the Ecco -- I wore them in the early 00's. Biom Hybrid fit well, almost too well - a smidgen tight. But the price was right ... so I moved up to size 45 ... the heel cup was huge.. so I am a 44. Looked at the Biom Golf Lace, and looked at the price .... oh, oh... I'll probably like these.... sure enough, the fit in a 44 is just right and it is ... spiked! Haven't done spikes in years. But it is comfy, not too much cushion. But at $240, thought I'd wait. The old model I found at home is $145, but I did not try on the old model.  And after all, they based the BIOM on the feet of 2500 athletes ... they can't be wrong, can they?

Decided to buy a pair online, and use my Trues on the course with a thicker sock or insole to tighten it up. where it's a comfy walk and I don't have to worry about the wear and tear they place on my big toe after 2 hrs on the range.

I want to look at New Balance golf shoes next ... they seem to be gaining traction...

Found the Biom 2 (their $240 shoe) for $145 ... Amazon is having a fall sale and its coupon saved  $38.

My simple math tells me that is a deal on this particular shoe.

The Biom2 is a good looking shoe!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

So which waterproof True is the best looking? I still haven't played in mine(not waterproof hopefully this weekend) but they are very comfortable I've worn them quite a bit around town. I'm sold on the zero drops so I want a dedicated pair of them for golf.

So which waterproof True is the best looking? I still haven't played in mine(not waterproof hopefully this weekend) but they are very comfortable I've worn them quite a bit around town. I'm sold on the zero drops so I want a dedicated pair of them for golf.

Isn't which is the best looking your decision lol

Just bought some Crocs golf shoes. $39.95 at the Crocs Outlet store. My soles and insides are dark blue.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

• 2 weeks later...

ECCO for me. I have a few pair. My only issue with the black leather ones are they don't shine up nice. They are incredibly comfortable, but the leather doesn't shine all that great.

Cheers,
Rick Menary

Found the Biom 2 (their $240 shoe) for $145 ... Amazon is having a fall sale and its coupon saved  $38.

My simple math tells me that is a deal on this particular shoe.

I just bought these and they are great. I still like my ECCO Men's Biom Hybrid Golf Shoes (Black/Brick) better though.

Cheers,
Rick Menary

I like my True's (the earlier models), but all things considered, I have to say that my Ecco shoes are the most comfortable I've got. Which is not very surprising, as I've had lots of experience with Ecco shoes as regular shoes, mountain shoes, dress shoes etc.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

These are my walking shoes. Most comfortable golfing shoes ever.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!