Jump to content
IGNORED

Fitting Order Form


Recommended Posts

Wanted to see if anyone here has an order form from a high end fitting company that they wouldn't mind sharing here? Just wanting to get some pricing info from the current environment.

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 minutes ago, billchao said:

Here’s a 3W and a 5W from Club Champion. I didn’t end up getting the clubs.

340D0EB7-4E98-4DE7-8ECB-86B0ADAB4B77.jpeg

Thanks Bill. So you weren't interested in buying $800 fairway woods??

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Moderator
1 hour ago, Adam C said:

Thanks Bill. So you weren't interested in buying $800 fairway woods??

I mean it seemed like a really good deal, but I had to pass 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My order forms from eBay through the years have been pretty nice. 

  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Here’s a 3W and a 5W from Club Champion. I didn’t end up getting the clubs.

340D0EB7-4E98-4DE7-8ECB-86B0ADAB4B77.jpeg

the shafts are @ $76 high each (see photo) even then a little rich for me.

AA286C49-1822-4080-8825-957EB1ADECCA.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
7 hours ago, StuM said:

the shafts are @ $76 high each (see photo) even then a little rich for me.

AA286C49-1822-4080-8825-957EB1ADECCA.png

Yea the clubs would be cheaper if I ordered them directly from Callaway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Spct72 said:

I had a full bad fitting for my son and attached is the quote and build specs. 

C39360D0-18B7-4A2B-B91E-1BAB94552BAB.jpeg

65878046-E89F-4FAD-80EA-4D026CB1772B.jpeg

2 questions. How did you get a 15% discount on the clubs? Pretty sure all this stuff is on price restriction lists for retailers.

Second, did you end up buying from them? If you did, I will stop commenting on what I see here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


We have not bought any of the clubs at this point. The total of the 15% discounts  is close to the cost of the $300.00 fitting fee. I believe they all but credit that amount if you purchase the clubs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Do you still get charged full price for the club, in addition to the costs of the shaft and grip? Man I wanted to go to CC, but I think I may stick PGASS. Really I just want to be fit for stock options on clubs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


They really like to push for custom shaft options and yes it is in addition to the full price of the club. You can tell them that you would to be fit in stock shaft options if they have them available. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, Spct72 said:

They really like to push for custom shaft options and yes it is in addition to the full price of the club. You can tell them that you would to be fit in stock shaft options if they have them available. 

Not only do they push you into aftermarket shafts but notice how every shaft that you ended up with are not even available as upgrade options from the manufacturer. Unfortunately I have seen this far too many times for it to be the exception rather than the norm. Titleist for example has the largest available list of aftermarket options for their clubs, yet somehow every shaft on your list is not available from Titleist thereby making it necessary to buy the clubs from the fitter or try and piece it together yourself.

I see this and question every "fitting" they do, as it completely undermines their authority. Seems pretty obvious that the goal is not to get you in the right shaft as much as getting you into a shaft that is not available as an OEM option thereby greatly increasing the chances of you buying the clubs from them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Moderator
32 minutes ago, Adam C said:

Not only do they push you into aftermarket shafts but notice how every shaft that you ended up with are not even available as upgrade options from the manufacturer. Unfortunately I have seen this far too many times for it to be the exception rather than the norm. Titleist for example has the largest available list of aftermarket options for their clubs, yet somehow every shaft on your list is not available from Titleist thereby making it necessary to buy the clubs from the fitter or try and piece it together yourself.

I see this and question every "fitting" they do, as it completely undermines their authority. Seems pretty obvious that the goal is not to get you in the right shaft as much as getting you into a shaft that is not available as an OEM option thereby greatly increasing the chances of you buying the clubs from them.

I’m pretty sure I can order mine directly from Callaway for cheaper. The fitter said they check every club that comes in to make sure it’s at the correct spec, as if that somehow justifies the $100 up charge in addition to the fitting fee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Spct72 said:

They really like to push for custom shaft options and yes it is in addition to the full price of the club. You can tell them that you would to be fit in stock shaft options if they have them available. 

Which is why you go for a fitting, if you even need to, once but not buy anything, write down your specs, and then buy your stuff off eBay or some other secondhand source like Callaway pre-owned. The fitting process and service is largely over-emphasized these days for most golfers and is largely a cash grab.

Moreover, there’s no need to update your clubs very often any way. You’re just not going to see material changes if you have fairly recent clubs. Save your golf money for lessons and playing golf. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 3 weeks later...

When I was doing fittings for Ping this past spring I had one customer come with his printout from Club Champion.  He was an average golfer pushing 70 years old.  The shafts they wanted to use, I never heard of before but each one for fw and driver were over $400.  Again… I have never heard of the name.  It goes with what Adam said about them using shafts not available from the mfg so you can’t get it through them instead.

Ended up fitting him into Ping stock offerings that worked very well for him.  Happy customer!

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/26/2021 at 12:06 AM, Typhoon92 said:

When I was doing fittings for Ping this past spring I had one customer come with his printout from Club Champion.  He was an average golfer pushing 70 years old.  The shafts they wanted to use, I never heard of before but each one for fw and driver were over $400.  Again… I have never heard of the name.  It goes with what Adam said about them using shafts not available from the mfg so you can’t get it through them instead.

Ended up fitting him into Ping stock offerings that worked very well for him.  Happy customer!

I hope more and more people are figuring this stuff out, taking those CC fitting sheets to other fitters and getting fit the right way. I just don't get how someone can look at those prices and be ok with that??

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • What would happen to the bad putter?  He makes a few more but maybe his bad misses that get knocked off line even further cause him to 3 putt a percentage of them?  I know probably not from 5 feet, but if you apply the logic to all putts and not just 5 footers?
    • Make sure you hit up the souvenir tent. I hear it is huge and only 10% of the items can be bought outside of event. 
    • Focused here on making clubhead go more up and right post impact, it's been a bit low and left lately as evidenced by videos above. Steep from the top, grrrr. Keys #4 and #5 are hard. There's a swing alignment stick in the sky, lol.  
    • I have not seen anything about that.  I actually am the guest of a business supplier of ours. They invited me and one other person to attend, I am currently working on finding a +1.  Haha
    • Probability theory, over time, would suggest that the gap would remain the same.  In the short term any answer could be correct... in the long-term, nope.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. AmirReza
      AmirReza
      (34 years old)
    2. BushwoodCC
      BushwoodCC
      (55 years old)
    3. cozelos
      cozelos
      (36 years old)
    4. RollingStoppie
      RollingStoppie
      (52 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...