IGNORED

2021 NFL Season

saevel25
Note: This thread is 857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am glad to see Devon Smith get another chance at the NFL. He was one of the best deep threats I've seen in college football. The guy averaged nearly 38 yards per TD catch. Also, just a stupid uncanny ability to track the ball and adjust to the ball at the last second. Also, with Urban being the new coach with the Jaguars. Just a warning to the NFL, he has never lost a game when Devon has caught a TD 😛 I am not rooting for the Jaguars, but I like stupid stats like that. I am rooting for Ohio State players to succeed in the NFL. I am not a fan of Trevor Lawrence (mostly because I can't stand Clemson). Go Bears who drafted the better QB 😉

Its about time for me to start prepping for my fantasy football teams. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to 2021 NFL Season
On 8/12/2021 at 10:08 AM, saevel25 said:

I am glad to see Devon Smith

You mean Devin Smith?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Some pretty big news this morning. 

Pats released Cam Newton and will start the rookie. 

I think it's about bringing along another "Tom Brady" without the Cam Newton distraction.

And I don't think Cam, with all his flash, wants to be a backup.  He'd have to dress like the rest of us and quiet down.  Not happening.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

29 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think it's about bringing along another "Tom Brady" without the Cam Newton distraction.

And I don't think Cam, with all his flash, wants to be a backup.  He'd have to dress like the rest of us and quiet down.  Not happening.

I definitely agree that Cam is not a guy you want backing up the kid. He still thinks of himself as a starter and there are a couple of teams that might do well to consider him. 

More interesting is that Coach Bill and the crew are bucking the old conventional wisdom of easing the rookie into things by letter the vet run the show for awhile. In my opinion, this is a real vote of confidence in Mac Jones. This is still the Patriots. Unlike Jacksonville for instance, they expect to win games this season. Now it is live and die with the young guy.

They may look like geniuses or fools by the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on man…any other QB and that obvious offensive pass interference gets called. Cowboys looked pretty good. Can’t beat the Brady Bias though.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Come on man…any other QB and that obvious offensive pass interference gets called. Cowboys looked pretty good. Can’t beat the Brady Bias though.

Wow, I have to say the Cowboys looked much better than I thought they would. There were a ton of questionable calls. That happens every NFL game. Refereeing an NFL game is an impossible task. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

51 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Wow, I have to say the Cowboys looked much better than I thought they would. There were a ton of questionable calls. That happens every NFL game. Refereeing an NFL game is an impossible task. 

I agree. Especially when they have to decide what calls to make against Brady on his home field. Brady making one of his famous last minute drives to win a game? Yeah….they can pretty much do as they please and nothing will get called. 

I'm still amazed at how LV was able to win that game, talk about wild endings.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

GettyImages-1235224277-e1631729089517.jp

Anyone who follows football and can fog a mirror knows that winning the turnover battle is important. Games often hinge on a team getting an extra possession, a…

Interesting article on Pre-Snap Motion. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 9/10/2021 at 5:40 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

In my world of fantasy football people were killing Elliot because of his lack of points, What none of them care about was the man-sized job he did with pass blocking that kept Dak upright and slinging those passes. That said, I got the man on one of my rosters, so I'm hoping that game script is very different going forward.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Shit like this is why I care less and less about the NFL:

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Shit like this is why I care less and less about the NFL:

It was a terrible call and cost Pittsburgh a heck of a lot of points, but blown calls like that aren't unique to the NFL and are nothing new. 

16 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

It was a terrible call and cost Pittsburgh a heck of a lot of points, but blown calls like that aren't unique to the NFL and are nothing new. 

This

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Kind of reminds me of a few years ago when Kam Chancellor of the Seahawks jumped over two lineman to block a field goal, or maybe it was an extra point.  The next season the league made a rule that fast, nimble players could not jump over slow-moving, non-nimble lineman.

Honestly I see #23 moving before the snap was started.

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Honestly I see #23 moving before the snap was started.

I saw it live, as did the refs. It looked in real time like three Steelers jumped. Slowed down maybe or maybe not, but the refs don’t look at the game in slow motion. They just watch for movement. This is why some NFL teams are arguing that any play should be reviewable with a max of three per game. For a play like this, the Steelers possibly could have had it overturned with the correct camera angles. But the refs called it as encroachment and then NY would have had to overturn it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I saw it live, as did the refs. It looked in real time like three Steelers jumped. Slowed down maybe or maybe not, but the refs don’t look at the game in slow motion. They just watch for movement. This is why some NFL teams are arguing that any play should be reviewable with a max of three per game. For a play like this, the Steelers possibly could have had it overturned with the correct camera angles. But the refs called it as encroachment and then NY would have had to overturn it.

Yeah same mess happened…maybe that game, refs called unnecessary roughness yet slow play showed completely legal hit. Shoulder to shoulder. 

Note: This thread is 857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!