IGNORED

2021 NFL Season

saevel25
Note: This thread is 859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah same mess happened…maybe that game, refs called unnecessary roughness yet slow play showed completely legal hit. Shoulder to shoulder. 

The game is so fast and frankly, I do think they are doing their best most of the time. But if we really want to get critical plays right, review should apply to every play including penalties and plays blown dead prematurely, but keep the three per game limit for each team.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
11 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

It was a terrible call and cost Pittsburgh a heck of a lot of points, but blown calls like that aren't unique to the NFL and are nothing new. 

The calls seem to be much worse. Like the PI call that went against the Saints a few years ago in the playoffs.

I try not to be a "back in my day" guy and I'm aware that more and better cameras make more things visible, but it's bad.

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Honestly I see #23 moving before the snap was started.

It's when the ball is moving. Gene disagrees with you.

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

But the refs called it as encroachment and then NY would have had to overturn it.

The refs called it offsides, not encroachment. And it was a scoring play, which should be reviewed. It's complete bull what's "reviewable" and what's not.

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

The game is so fast and frankly, I do think they are doing their best most of the time. But if we really want to get critical plays right, review should apply to every play including penalties and plays blown dead prematurely, but keep the three per game limit for each team.

Yep. Something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's when the ball is moving. Gene disagrees with you.

Yes I’m aware of that. And I disagree with Gene. What I agree with is absolutely this should’ve been reviewed. And I absolutely accept Gene could be right. I just can’t get a perfect look at it. But I can’t say for certain I see it being simultaneous.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yes I’m aware of that. And I disagree with Gene. What I agree with is absolutely this should’ve been reviewed. And I absolutely accept Gene could be right. I just can’t get a perfect look at it. But I can’t say for certain I see it being simultaneous.

The defense, also, is allowed to move before the ball is moved. They just can't cross the line of scrimmage.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

The defense, also, is allowed to move before the ball is moved. They just can't cross the line of scrimmage.

Yep. Looking again. I just can’t see 100% that #23 moved forward simultaneously with the ball moving. It’s definitely damn close. But no way could this be called in real time. Review warranted for sure.

Ok…I watched slow-motion of just the very first second….I retract my previous call. I’m certain defense didn’t move across the line of scrimmage before the ball moved. So, yeah. Not offsides.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yep. Looking again. I just can’t see 100% that #23 moved forward simultaneously with the ball moving. It’s definitely damn close. But no way could this be called in real time. Review warranted for sure.

He can move forward before the ball moves. He can move in any direction before the ball moves… so long as he doesn't cross the line of scrimmage.

But, whatever.

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Hohjoe said:

Urban Meyer didn't make it through the season.

Another example of how difficult it is for a successful college head coach to do the same in the NFL.

These big college program guys can have 85 scholarship players on a roster and at a place like Florida or Ohio State they are all quality players. Somebody makes a mistake and you banish him to the bench knowing full well the next guy is nearly as good.  If you tell a guy off in the process, it isn't that big a deal.

It just doesn't work like that in the NFL. You don't have the depth to be burning through players and pissing people off.

Edited by mcanadiens

On 12/16/2021 at 9:04 AM, mcanadiens said:

Another example of how difficult it is for a successful college head coach to do the same in the NFL.

Yeah, like Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, and Nick Saban.

Some of them do well though. Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Pete Carrol and others.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 8:55 AM, Hohjoe said:

Urban Meyer didn't make it through the season.

I knew it was a bad idea. I really didn't expect it to go THIS badly. I figured 2 years, maybe 3. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I knew it was a bad idea. I really didn't expect it to go THIS badly. I figured 2 years, maybe 3. 

Sadly for Jags fans, the owner is as bad as the coach he just fired. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Sadly for Jags fans, the owner is as bad as the coach he just fired. 

And also a bummer of a first season for Jar Jar Binks. Hopefully he’ll get a better team around him and some solid coaching and I’m sure he’ll start being the QB he should be.🙂

• Funny 1

42 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

And also a bummer of a first season for Jar Jar Binks. Hopefully he’ll get a better team around him and some solid coaching and I’m sure he’ll start being the QB he should be.🙂

FWIW, Meyer didn’t throw any of those interceptions. I’m afraid Trev is going to be a bust like so many first picks.

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

FWIW, Meyer didn’t throw any of those interceptions. I’m afraid Trev is going to be a bust like so many first picks.

Peyton Manning threw 28-INT's in his first season. He wasn't special till his 5th season. I do not think you can judge rookies by their 1st or 2nd season. To me, years 3-5 are were you start to see if they are special. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Damn Scott…harsh. Lol. Agree with @saevel25. Way too soon to know how he’ll do.😁

7 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Peyton Manning threw 28-INT's in his first season. He wasn't special till his 5th season. I do not think you can judge rookies by their 1st or 2nd season. To me, years 3-5 are were you start to see if they are special. 

Trevor Lawrence is not and never will be at Peyton Manning’s level. First, his ownership and most of today’s owners have no patience to wait for players to develop. The Colts were very patient. Second, changing systems can definitely help, but he will flounder in the big gun offense mentality that has gripped the NFL. He’ll throw lots of picks, get traded or cut and be a backup when the next shiny new QB is drafted. Look at the Jets for #1 picks that have floundered. Sorry @JetFan1983!

Even Brady has fallen into this lately. In the last game, they had 3rd and 5 against the Bills with 3 minutes to go, and the lead, and he tried a 25 yard pass for an incompletion. Get the first down dummy!

Scott

My Swing Thread

24 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Unless you are Russell Wilson and win the Super Bowl in your second year.

Addendum:  And lose the Super Bowl in your third year.

😁

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Note: This thread is 859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!