IGNORED

Club Champion Signs Endorsement Deal With Bryson Dechambeau

StuM
Note: This thread is 995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This could be a risky move, if he makes another comment on how he "Hates his driver".  

2be17a31f3c5cc3f2d1bfac97d173121

The PGA Tour's longest driver will add Club Champion's logo to his bag on the PGA Tour.

Edited by StuM
Fixed typo in topic

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bryson is singing now? Oh boy! :-P

• Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

(edited)
9 minutes ago, klineka said:

Bryson is singing now? Oh boy! :-P

Opps, typing is not my strong suit.  Any idea how to fix that?

Never mind, I just fixed it.

Edited by StuM
added last line.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• StuM changed the title to Club Champion Signs Endorsement Deal With Bryson Dechambeau
28 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

I wonder what clubs he'll be playing next year?

I expect to see Cobra since they are still a sponsor.  Also, I expect he has been fitted, fitted, and fitted many times so any change would be more a tweak then a night & day change.

Stuart M.

What’s the point? Cobra fits him every day and gives him all the equipment tweaks he wants. What’s he expect to get out of CC? A more expensive shaft?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

What’s the point? Cobra fits him every day and gives him all the equipment tweaks he wants. What’s he expect to get out of CC? A more expensive shaft?

Endorsement money!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

12 minutes ago, Never3putt said:

Endorsement money!

He has options the average Joe does not have. I cannot expect repeated fittings from my club’s manufacturer.  CC’s target is not limited to the pros who have options I do not have.  

if Bryson believes fittings are helpful (I suspect he does) and if he feels CC does a good job he can legitimately say he recommend them, even if they do not do his fittings.  And he will be paid, good for him.

Stuart M.

7 minutes ago, StuM said:

Te has options the average Joe does not have. I cannot expect repeated fittings from my club’s manufacturer.  CC’s target is not limited to the pros who have options I do not have.  

if Bryson believes fittings are helpful (I suspect he does) and if he feels CC does a good job he can legitimately say he recommend them, even if they do not do his fittings.  And he will be paid, good for him.

That's my point.  He's doing it for the same reason that CC sought out endorsements from Jordon Spieth and Hank Haney.   As long as they agree with what they're endorsing (even if, in this case, they're not really using it), there's no issue.  CC gets advertising endorsements and the pros get compensated.  It's not any different than any other endorsements for which the players are paid.

Speaking of endorsements, a Korn Ferry player that ended up in the top 25 that played as a youngster at my club, just recently went from 5 figure endorsement money to 6 figure endorsement money, simply because he is getting his PGA Tour card next year.  Endorsement contracts are a huge factor for players of all sports.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Never3putt said:

Speaking of endorsements, a Korn Ferry player that ended up in the top 25 that played as a youngster at my club, just recently went from 5 figure endorsement money to 6 figure endorsement money, simply because he is getting his PGA Tour card next year.  Endorsement contracts are a huge factor for players of all sports.

I am sure he worked hard to earn that, great for him.

Stuart M.

45 minutes ago, StuM said:

I am sure he worked hard to earn that, great for him.

I've known his father for 15 years and watched him progress from before he was in high school.  We're very proud of him here at our club!  Dylan Wu is his name.  Hoping he does well on the tour!

40 minutes ago, Never3putt said:

I've known his father for 15 years and watched him progress from before he was in high school.  We're very proud of him here at our club!  Dylan Wu is his name.  Hoping he does well on the tour!

Cool, Let us know if we have a chance to see him.  

Stuart M.

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

What’s the point?

I’m going to speculate it has to do with his “brand”.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

26 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I’m going to speculate it has to do with his “brand”.

Yeah. Just seems odd being that he’s committed to Cobra. Who better to fit him for Cobra clubs than..well, Cobra?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Jordan Spieth endorses a national fitter too, no?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Jordan Spieth endorses a national fitter too, no?

Yes. I was referring to how Bryson appears to be so much more of a tinkerer and hands on with all this driver fitting he talked about. I guess he’s reviewed their process and likes it just as JS has done. I dunno…he’s still a douche. Lol.

31 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yes. I was referring to how Bryson appears to be so much more of a tinkerer and hands on with all this driver fitting he talked about. I guess he’s reviewed their process and likes it just as JS has done. I dunno…he’s still a douche. Lol.

He doesn’t need them to do fittings for him, though. He just needs their checks to clear 😃

• Funny 3

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Don't like Club Champion. Not a fan of Bryson.

Seems like a good match.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised to see Cobra dump him at some point soon. Not really sure he helps the brand at this point. Cobra really needs a new horse to hitch their wagon to.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!