IGNORED

Want to #GetInGEARS? Yes!

iacas

• Administrator
(edited)

Gears Golf Perfect your swing and body mechanics for driving, putting, and everything in-between. SIGN...

I'll get right to it: I'm seriously considering buying a GEARS system, and to help fund it, I'm going to pre-sell some discounted instructional "experience" packages.

I'll give you two days* of instruction† for the low-low price of $1,000. You'll pre-pay and the time will be good any time between the day I get the GEARS (well, two days after that, so it can be set up and we can be trained) and December 31, 2022.

You noticed that I put two little marks up there. They're not the fine print, they're just these:

* Not 48 hours of instruction, obviously. By "two days" I just mean about four hours in the afternoon one day, and about four hours the next day. They'd probably be late enough on the first day that you could fly in that morning, and early enough the second day so you could fly home with just one night in a hotel or something. If you're somewhat local and able to drive here, you could split your session into two visits multiple days, weeks, or even months apart.

† Instruction would include whatever other sorts of things you wanted, too. Obviously they'd tend to be heavier on the full swing with the GEARS system, but over two days (and partly so you can take a break), I'd be happy to work with you on the SAM PuttLab for putting, or to work on chipping/pitching. It's basically about eight hours of instruction in whatever ways you want to use it. But also mostly with a cool toy. 😄 The GEARS instruction will also include whatever "deliverables" I can reasonably create in GEARS (like video of you versus a PGA Tour composite player, with the numbers displayed, or your before/after swings, etc.), so bring a thumb drive.

GEARS is accurate to within 0.2mm (the thickness of a sheet of paper) and contains just about everything you could want to measure about the body and the club. It's actually used by FlightScope, Trackman, etc. to validate their club data. GEARS is 8 motion-capture cameras shooting at 360 FPS, and it creates a 3D model of your swing with all sorts of things you can turn on and off. You want to see how "feel" and "real" align? GEARS will tell you.

While I feel like I can do a good job with video, GEARS is not a step beyond that, but multiple big steps. With a 3D model of the golfer and the swing, we can move the virtual camera to ANY angle, for EVERY swing, and see what the golfer actually did.

You can see a lot of GEARS stuff in action on AMG's YouTube videos.

BTW, if you're more interested in a single session/day of about four hours, DM (direct message) me for a rate.

Update (2021-11-01): This special offer is now closed. I will take care of the people who have committed, most of whom have pre-paid as they agreed to do when they added their names, and they will get tremendous value for their support. I will continue to give TST members discounted time, but a deal this good will likely not come around again for awhile.

Edited by iacas
Closed Deal
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Want to Get on GEARS? Here's Your Chance!

8 hours of instruction with gears for $1000 is a phenomenal deal, at least compared to prices in my area, which go for around $400-500/hour. Wish I lived closer to PA, although might need to negotiate with my wife about hopping on this deal.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

8 hours of instruction with gears for $1000 is a phenomenal deal, at least compared to prices in my area, which go for around $400-500/hour. Wish I lived closer to PA, although might need to negotiate with my wife about hopping on this deal.

Yeah. And look, all eight hours probably won't be on GEARs (because I think it would be tiring to just make full swings for four hours), but I'm also not opposed to it, either. If you're up for it, I would be too. 🙂

Most likely many people will probably spend 2 hours on it both days. You can experiment with feels, see what types of different numbers are produced from those different feels, etc.

Erie (and thus Pittsburgh, Buffalo, or Cleveland) is a great place to visit. Each city has a number of good things to check out. If you're coming for more than two days, we could even talk about spreading your sessions out over maybe days 1 and 5 of a trip, too.

P.S. I haven't yet decided on the final pricing for GEARS lessons here in Erie, PA. It likely won't be $500, but it's going to be more than what you'll pay for this deal! As you noted, it's $400 to $500/hour in most places.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sounds very intriguing. When I am working on changes, I usually film my practice. But even in reviewing the video, I’m not always sure how the new piece is affecting other parts of my swing. I’m looking at the specific change and other check points but can’t see ball flight data and club data. This would be like having a Trackman/Flightscope and super-accurate video lesson rolled into one. It looks like it would also show me what part of my body is limiting me and where I need to work on flexibility and strength.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I am most definitely interested.

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Damn what an incredible deal. I’m definitely interested in this. I hope those who aren’t familiar with this realize what an incredible deal this is. $1000 for this is unparalleled in the golf instruction world. 

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Yeah. And look, all eight hours probably won't be on GEARs (because I think it would be tiring to just make full swings for four hours)

That's a good point, usually after a 1 hour lesson and 1 hour practice session on a launch monitor I'm beat, plus my hands start to get hot spots.

For the price offered, 2 sessions of ~2 hours on gears, plus another 4-ish hours of instruction is still an amazing deal, even considering the flight and hotel expense.

I'm definitely interested.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Usually they’re wearing spandex or something tight I dunno if it’s for the sensors. Are you supposed to bring something like that type of clothing to a Gears lesson?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

37 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Usually they’re wearing spandex or something tight I dunno if it’s for the sensors. Are you supposed to bring something like that type of clothing to a Gears lesson?

Oh goodness..😳

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Negative. It is all supplied.

Gears.jpg.9b16c827ca72d51ca69b66f7e81fb810.jpg

Hard to tell because I'm wearing dark pants. 

There is a foot bootie, knee strap, hip strap, vest and hat.

It's very lightweight and not tight at all. They have different sizes for the vest.

They also put sensors on your club.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 2

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

15 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

Negative. It is all supplied.

Gears.jpg.9b16c827ca72d51ca69b66f7e81fb810.jpg

Hard to tell because I'm wearing dark pants. 

There is a foot bootie, knee strap, hip strap, vest and hat.

It's very lightweight and not tight at all. They have different sizes for the vest.

They also put sensors on your club.

Thank gawd. Not a fan of spandex, lol. 

• Funny 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Thank gawd. Not a fan of spandex, lol. 

I hear ya. The laughter that would ensue if I were wearing a spandex suit would totally disrupt the session for sure.

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Steve, did you watch the video in the OP?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

26 minutes ago, billchao said:

Steve, did you watch the video in the OP?

Not yet. I’ve watched a fair number of the AMG videos where they’re using GEARS and one of the guys is wearing some kind of spandex sometimes so I just assumed. 

Steve

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS FOR GEARS:

1. @Vinsk
Edited by Vinsk
  • Upvote 1

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS FOR GEARS:

1. @Vinsk
  2. @boogielicious

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

This wasn't in my golf budget. But I'm thinking of adjusting said budget to give this a go.

I have one question.

Would it be possible to split up the sessions? Here's what I'm thinking: Does it make sense to do half of your GEARS session. Go away and work on improving then come back say a month later and do the rest of your session. Does that even make sense? I'd be worried that I couldn't make a significant enough change over the two sessions. Where as with some time to work on it, as you know, I'm a bit of slow learner.  

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.