IGNORED

Erik J. Barzeski Interviewed on the Golf Guru Show Podcast

nevets88
Note: This thread is 903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Generally, podcast episodes tend to be shorter these days, but this is a beefy 2+ hours, so lots of meat to chew on. Our very own @iacas in a podcast interview, interviewer is Jason Sutton.

I haven't finished, only halfway through, but a lot has happened in golf instruction I dunno, since 2010, and this is a great pov from one instructor's perspective on all that has evolved (and there was a lot - instruction trends, technology, etc..) with some funny stories and you might pick up something that might help your game. I'll post more after I finish. Sutton is a good interviewer, asks good questions and more importantly, good follow-ups.

• Thumbs Up 3

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was able to listen to it this earlier today and enjoyed it greatly. I learned a couple things I didn't know and got some reminders on things I did but needed to hear again.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• iacas changed the title to Erik J. Barzeski Interviewed on the Golf Guru Show Podcast
  • Administrator

I'm afraid to listen. 😄 When I finally do I'll probably make a post with some more details (with timestamps) that give a bit more detail and/or explain anything that may seem a bit off.

I may also keep track of how many times I put my foot in my mouth. 😉 I'd set the over-under at 8.5. Ha ha.

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas  you are a golf nerd ha ha. Wow! You are truly a student of the game. I Am enjoying the podcast. Good voice also. Very enjoyable listen. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

golf nerd

I identify as "golf geek" thank you very much. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I love a good podcast, looking forward to listening.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

A long time ago, a friend told me "I would be lucky IF you learned something NEW every single day"
I feel many players need to "TRUST" their swing more and depend on their abilities to execute every shot.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Club Rat said:

A long time ago, a friend told me "I would be lucky IF you learned something NEW every single day"
I feel many players need to "TRUST" their swing more and depend on their abilities to execute every shot.

What’s this got to do with the podcast? It was long enough I don't remember everything we discussed.

Did you listen to it?

I really liked the bit about the backswing. Gonna try that. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I really liked the bit about the backswing. Gonna try that. 

What bit was that? 🙂

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Did you listen to it?

Yes, my comment was meant to be a compliment to the title "Stay Inquisitive and Keep Learning"

The podcast was very good, I like the how you and Jason touch base on many topics which golfers are seldom aware of with what the teaching pro's considers when working with students.

I added my opinion with trusting the swing, something that is seldon a thought.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

2 hours ago, iacas said:

What bit was that? 🙂

It starts around 01:44:00.

Make exaggerated backswing, look around, make sure it's the backswing you wanted to make. Then make same backswing, stay looking at ball. Then make backswing, pause at top, if it doesn't feel right, reset.

The stuff about the importance of the backswing resonated with me as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• Administrator
4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

It starts around 01:44:00.

Make exaggerated backswing, look around, make sure it's the backswing you wanted to make. Then make same backswing, stay looking at ball. Then make backswing, pause at top, if it doesn't feel right, reset.

Ah, yes. My three-step backswing work process. Super exaggerated. Exaggerated while looking at the ball. Same feels with a pause so you can focus on those, hit the ball as a reward.

Thanks.

I don't do podcasts. But I listened to this and enjoyed it. It nice to learn more about Erik's background and teaching philosophy.  I wish there was someone like that around here.

• Funny 1

War Eagle!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the podcast today.   I really enjoyed hearing some of the background and stories of the progression of your teaching.  It was a good reminder about par 5’s just need one good shot.  It’s ok to aim pretty far right if ob left.  Just keep it in the ropes. All stuff I’ve heard for the most part but I appreciated the explanation and reminder.  

and I didn’t think you put your foot in your mouth much, sounded good.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Note: This thread is 903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!