IGNORED

Lifetime Tees? Yes! Tee4Life Plastic Tees

• Administrator

I'm making this post solely as a happy customer. These aren't affiliate links, though if you want to tell them you were referred by this post, then I appreciate it, but it's not necessary.

A few years ago, maybe six or seven, a friend gave me three tees: two orange, one white. I've referred to the orange ones as my "carrot tees" because they kinda looked like a carrot: they're almost smoothly tapered without much of a "cup" or a point. They last forever, and I've spent up to two minutes looking to find them because… they don't break.

The guy who gave them to me told me that he'd bought them for pennies on the dollar from an old member or something, and they had the URL launcher-tee.com on the side in slightly raised type. Well, that URL redirects to tee-guard.com, which redirects here (tee4life.org😞

So, I bought about 500 of the custom tees with GolfEvolution.com printed on the side! (Note: the image below is not 500 of them. 😄)

Tee4Life_Tee_Pile.jpg

I got four colors, as you can see:

• White
  • Orange
  • Pink
  • Tiffany Blue

A closer version of each color:

Tee4Life_Tees.jpg

The tees are "thick" with a shallow cup on top. These are the opposite of the Martini Tees you may have seen! 😆

If you don't want 100, or 500, or more… I recommend either the Starter Pack for $5 or the Variety 12-Pack for $15:

pile-of-tees-with-ball.jpg

You will receive 4 Tees. The starter pack contains: 2 – 3″ Tees 2 – 1⅞” Tees A portion of this purchase will go to a charity of your choice (chosen during checkout).
12-pack-box.jpg

The Par is a variety 12 pack featuring our Original Pro Launcher Tee, Pro Launcher Tee II, the G4 and the P5.

The tees are great. They are guaranteed for life, and in fact, the site says:

We absolutely hate to see broken tees. Wood or plastic. Our message is very focused. Save a Tree and Improve a Life! Our tees do just that. The photo you see is how we began. We created a “guard” then was like a little jacket that fit around a wood tee, that was how it began. Quickly we received input from PGA Tour Players, that the time was right for a composite tee that would really make our message stand out! So here we are, proud to launch Tee 4 Life in 2020! In designing and developing an unbreakable golf tee, we took almost one year to fine tune our composites so that they would be just soft enough to withstand 150 mph club head speeds, and also have a surface that would produce less friction at impact. This is what gives us the high performance category for our golf tee. We then decided let’s give back! So we are very happy to be able to give to key charities that help our precious planet and people.

So, basically, an unbreakable tee that's available in some cool colors. The only time you'll need to replace the tee is if you lose it. Note: I'll keep an extra tee in my pocket for the few holes where there are tall fescues or a creek or something right in front of the tee. I don't want to lose my "forever tee!" (Though now that I have more than three of them… maybe I won't care so much.)

I also picked up some of these:

Stay-at-Home-Practice-Set.jpg

Don't let your game suffer during this "stay at home" time. Check out our Golf Practice Tees to help keep your swing on point.

This a combination of two things: their "simulator tee" and their rubber tee/"tee lock" tee. I'll explain each below a picture:

Tee4Life_Sim_Tees.jpg

These are simulator tees. You can fold the bottom up for a shorter tee, maybe for a smaller driver (like a junior's club) or a high-teed 3W, or leave the bottom flap folded out for a pretty normal driver height tee. They're "simulator tees" because they just sit on top of a mat and don't require a "hole" like the next one. They're soft, flexible, and will last a LONG time. They come in some nice colors, as you can see above.

Then we have the…

Tee4Life_Rubber_Tees.jpg

Rubber tees with the "tee lock" tees. These are lifetime tees, too, with a "hammerhead" design. You push the hammer head through the tee, and turn it 90°, and it won't come out of the tee. These are the kind that go under/through a mat with a little hole in it.

To the left, a single "junior" tee. It doesn't have the hammerhead design, but it can fit in this rubber tee holder, too, or just be used as a regular tee.

I was also sent a few of the other type of tee - the one type (the Pro Launcher II) has a stopper so you can tee your ball up consistently, and the shorter tee (the Launcher P3) is for irons, hybrids, or fairway woods from the tee.

Tee4Life_Other_Tees.jpg

I'm excited to use the range mat tees with the tee lock/hammerhead design, as the orange plastic tees you get with the TrueStrike mat stink: they stay in the mats, but they break and bend all the time. It's incredibly frustrating to use them. These, I might use one for years!

Tee 4 Life supports a number of charities:

I encourage you to check them out. If you're up in Erie, ask me and if I have them handy, I'll give you one or two. Not to be cheap, just that… that's all you'll need, for years and years… so long as you don't lose them! They're truly lifetime tees.

Again: https://www.tee4life.org/. Check 'em out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Lifetime Tees? Yes! Tee4Life Plastic Tees
1 hour ago, iacas said:

They last forever, and I've spent up to two minutes looking to find them because… they don't break.

I have a friend who looks up to 4 minutes for his Martini tee.  So we no longer watch his shot, but watch the flight of his tee.

These sound good... I may have to try them.  I used to buy large bags of "Tennessee Hardwood" tees.  A few years ago they started breaking all the time, even on drives.  Not so hardwood anymore.  So I changed over to plastic tees.  But even those break too often.

So I might well be a candidate for the Tee4Life.

Timely!   Thanks.   The rubber tee I bought for the simulator has ripped and I was just starting to look for a replacement.   

Just placed an order for 2 yellow training tees.   

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

10 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I have a friend who looks up to 4 minutes for his Martini tee.  So we no longer watch his shot, but watch the flight of his tee.

These sound good... I may have to try them.  I used to buy large bags of "Tennessee Hardwood" tees.  A few years ago they started breaking all the time, even on drives.  Not so hardwood anymore.  So I changed over to plastic tees.  But even those break too often.

So I might well be a candidate for the Tee4Life.

I game the Martini tees.  Love them. :beer:  Only thing that slows me down on the course, other than slow players, is when I have to find the tee. :whistle:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a sample pack and a couple of practice packs and got a bonus pack of G4 tees. There are also extra tees in the 12 pack.

72DE5A91-434B-4975-B925-26AF70977E3B.jpeg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I picked up a sample pack and a couple of practice packs and got a bonus pack of G4 tees. There are also extra tees in the 12 pack.

72DE5A91-434B-4975-B925-26AF70977E3B.jpeg

Nice. Those should last you a LONG time.

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

I received my order in a very timely fashion. Erik, thanks for the suggestion.

We used one of the practice tee ones today during an all-day PXG fitting. It held up REALLY well, and you can barely tell it was used.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 12/30/2021 at 5:28 PM, iacas said:

We used one of the practice tee ones today during an all-day PXG fitting. It held up REALLY well, and you can barely tell it was used.

I got a chance to test out the practice tee today.   I'm impressed.  

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I got a chance to test out the practice tee today.   I'm impressed.  

It’s gonna last.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I bought a pack of 12 of these tees when I saw this thread. I've only taken one tee out of the bag and it's still going strong. There have been a couple tense moments when the tee left the ground at impact and I had to spend some time searching for it, but so far I've always found it.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1 minute ago, Darkfrog said:

I bought a pack of 12 of these tees when I saw this thread. I've only taken one tee out of the bag and it's still going strong. There have been a couple tense moments when the tee left the ground at impact and I had to spend some time searching for it, but so far I've always found it.

Of course you're observing the "3 Minute Lost Tee" rule...

• Funny 1

• 3 months later...

I bought some of these tees back in June along with the practice pack for hitting into a net. I haven't lost or broken a regular TFL, but I did just break the practice tee which certainly has a lot more swings on it. I emailed TFL and they said they would send me a new one for free even though they usually only guarantee the regular tees but not the practice tee. I appreciate their customer service.

• Thumbs Up 1

War Eagle!

4 hours ago, The Flush said:

I bought some of these tees back in June along with the practice pack for hitting into a net. I haven't lost or broken a regular TFL, but I did just break the practice tee which certainly has a lot more swings on it. I emailed TFL and they said they would send me a new one for free even though they usually only guarantee the regular tees but not the practice tee. I appreciate their customer service.

I broke my practice tee as well. Looking at the design, it is very sturdy, but since the tee is anchored into the piece that is countersunk in the mat, I think it was inevitable that it would eventually break.

I switched to the simulator tee. I bought three of the simulator tees since they fly into the net when you hit the ball, so at least I can hit a few balls before retrieving the tee. The only downside of the simulator tees is the height is not adjustable.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

21 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

I broke my practice tee as well. Looking at the design, it is very sturdy, but since the tee is anchored into the piece that is countersunk in the mat, I think it was inevitable that it would eventually break.

I switched to the simulator tee. I bought three of the simulator tees since they fly into the net when you hit the ball, so at least I can hit a few balls before retrieving the tee. The only downside of the simulator tees is the height is not adjustable.

We used the simulator tee today for the first time. In some ways it is nicer than the other practice tee because the practice tee was always bent/curved and sometimes it was hard to get the ball to stay on the tee. You never have that problem with the simulator tee.

I concur that the design of the practice tee makes it likely to break eventually. But it is nice to not have to chase the tee after each swing. I imagine ours had 1000 swings on it between 2 people, one of which has a 110+ swing speed. 

War Eagle!