IGNORED

2022 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

Added two more pars on Tuesday. Had some looks at birdie, but could not convert. Hoping to post some negative numbers soon!

• Thumbs Up 1

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So the only one left is 10 and I’ve had looks the last 3 rounds. Today was sooooo close! A couple of birdies today but I’m just racking up extras for the challenge. 🤣

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

11th hole.  Shortish par 5.  Around 475 or so.  Hit a great drive and a bit over 200 left.  Took a 4 hybrid from there and a few yards short of the green.  However, a bit short sided since there was a bunker I narrowly avoided and a hump between myself and the pin.  Couldn't hit a chip type shot, so went with my SW and hit a flop.  Brilliant shot to within 2 or 3 feet and sank the putt for a brilliant birdie

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Won't be achieving all 18 again this year.  Four holes short.  Course closes this weekend, and woke up to a small amount of s**w on the ground this morning.

• Booooooooo 1

John

• 2 weeks later...

Done! (at least the "Away' portion). I noted that @coachjimsc completed his "Away" card about 2 weeks ago. Solid work Jim.

Now I have to work a bit to make my "Home" course card look less anemic. I am running out of time.

@sjduffers needs to get cracking!!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Brian Kuehn

My Away portion is actually more like a second Home portion with fewer rounds played (with a few other courses here and there), hence why it's lacking a bit behind.

The remaining holes on the Home portion are the toughest ones, although one or two are probably somewhat gettable. After all I did manage to finish all 18 last year, but it was probably a fluke...

• Thumbs Up 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

33 minutes ago, sjduffers said:

The remaining holes on the Home portion are the toughest one...

You do have, however, a "1" on your card. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

3 birdies today and a fourth lipped out. They are (or would have been) all repeats. Hard to nail the last few!  I am also still chasing my first round with 4 birdies. This is the closest it's ever been. Shoulda, coulda, ... damn it! 🙂

Edited by sjduffers
  • Funny 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Started with shanking an eagle pitch on the first hole into the bunker and blasting the 30 yard bunker shot over the green for double. I was shaking with doubt but settled down and birdied 7, 9, 12, 16, and 17 to put together a 73. My only hole left is 10 and I had a downhiller and just missed it on the short side by an inch. Oh number 10, I am coming for you sucker! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator

I made five birdies today. Let's see… holes 2, 8, 11, 14, and 17. Hey hey, two of those were new on the away course composite, so I'm up to 12 holes with a score of -14 (two eagles).

I'm playing WW tomorrow, too.

For like the tenth time only. 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yesterday I racked up 3 more birdies. I chipped in on #3, had a kick-in on 9, and birdied my old nemesis 16 with an uphill 15 footer. This is the second round in-a-row that I hit on 9 and 16. Still looking for hole 10 and I am -19 over 17 holes (2 eagles). 

We played an first time private course with some severe crowned greens yesterday. After getting shellacked on the front with a 45, I managed to get it together on the back with a 37 and 3 birdies (one counting for away challenge). The first par 5 I hit 5 wood pin high and pitched to 3 feet. On a 360 yard par 4, split the fairway with a 3 wood and 58* degree wedge from 80 yards to 7 feet. On the last par 5 hit 3 wood into greenside bunker and splashed to 8 feet and made the put. All in all, an adventurous 82. Sigh. 

Its been a while since I was able to add a few holes here.  I spent a few days in Williamsburg VA with some old friends, and managed to make 6 birdies in 3 rounds, including 4 "new" holes.  That brings me to 14 or 18.  At my home club, I still haven't birdied the tough #12, and may not get another chance this year.  I head to Pinehurst on Friday, for 3 weeks of fun (and some studying at the USGA Rules Workshop).  I'll get lots of away scores, but may not play at home again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

Played Cranberry Highlands on Tuesday and amazingly added FOUR birdies to my away course composite. I only have two left - holes 3 and 4. Probably won't get those, as I… did not birdie those holes today at Lake View, and unless I get them on Thanksgiving or Christmas breaks…

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Got #2 again at the home course....#10 is still eluding capture! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Added another couple of pars during a 5 club tournament yesterday. Regardless of the format, I'm counting them 😛

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."