IGNORED

None in One

iacas
Note: This thread is 6736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. To which club do you belong?

• The "Hole in One" Club
    • The "None in One" Club

How much was the tab?!?!

Wasn't bad... only 5 guys in our group (all other witnesses refused, even though I offered) and they had special on beer pitchers in the clubhouse

I think it was around $60.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A hole in one is pretty impressive, but 9 rounds in 5 days, whoa man!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 9 months later...
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not yet

Got one! But you already knew that. So glad I found another place to brag.

"Stroke-of-Luck = Hole-in-One" Nah! Pure skill.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

...Nah! Pure skill.

I'd not say PURE skill... But sure there is tons of it involved. It's kind of like Poker. Everybody admits, that luck is more important than skills, right? Strangly - every time at the final table you see the same faces, over and over... they must be really lucky, huh?

Hole in one in a PGA event is not that rare, I recall seeing one every 2, 3 tournaments. Skills it is Jeff, don't let the "holeless" people take anything away from us

My first was at a hole-in-one contest that was a charity fundraiser. I made an ace in qualifying (165 yds) but all that did was guarantee a spot in the shootout for $1 million. I won some movie passes and a pizza.

In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

I have never had a hole-in-one unforunately.

Actually, the closest I came was at the Newport Cup last month. I hit a 6-iron at the 4th hole at Anderson Creek that stopped a couple feet from the hole. It was on the right line, it just didn't have enough steam on it. If it would have been an hour later, I might have holed the best shot in Newport Cup history. :)

But I'll go on trying to make one. I'm in the none-in-one club.

No holes-in-one for me.

In fact, the closest I can recall was probably just inside three feet on a little 125-yarder. The thing that made it memorable was that it was during a makeshift "scramble" on a "closest-to-the-pin" hole and the foursome ahead of us included two of my brothers-in-law, one of whom had stopped his about four feet away while the other was video-recording my shot.

Can't say a whole lot about the quality of the video footage but the remarks picked up by the camera mike were priceless though, as one might guess, somewhat off-color. (The family member I "bettered" was jumping up and down indicating that I had the "number one" shot. At least that's what I think the single finger he had raised high in the air meant. )

Rick

I had a hole-in-one in 1994. 163 yards. I've also been fortunate enough to hole out from the fairway (100+ yards) 12 times.
R7 Quad 9.5*
Cleveland Launcher 13*
Cleveland Launcher 15*
Ben Hogan C455 21*
MP-33 PW-4 iron MP Series 56* & 60*Corza MonzaProV1

Still don't have one. Just missed it Friday afternoon. 183 yard par 3. Elevated tee to a green that has a creek in front. Hit an easy 4 iron that stopped 2 ft to the right of the hole.

TaylorMade r7 Quad Driver 9.5 Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade RAC OS Graphite Stiff
TaylorMade RAC Black Wedges 52, 56, 60 degrees
TaylorMade TPA VII PutterMaxfli Black MaxHome Course

Two.

The first was in a college tournament. I hit a 4-iron from about 180 to a slightly uphill green. The bottom of the flag was hidden behind the lip of a bunker, so I didn't see it go in.

The second was in a member-guest tournament. Hit a wedge from about 130 to a downhill green. The ball landed about 3 feet past the pin and spun back into the hole. That was sweet to watch.

What did I win?

A $25 gift certificate for closest to the pin. A cruise was a prize on a different hole.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Do you think it's harder to lip out a hole in one? I think so, but probably cause I've done it

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

Note: This thread is 6736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!