IGNORED

2022 Masters

iacas
Note: This thread is 747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Silly man. That’s why they call it a Major. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Tyrrell Hatton sounds off against Augusta National, saying it was an unfair test. 

I think first we have to define good shot. Scenario one, you hit the ball onto a known area of the green that severely slopes away from the hole into a bunker. Versus, you hit the ball 10-FT further away to a nice landing area and have a good shot at birdie. 

I think he is complaining that he couldn't flag hunt all day, and when he did he was penalized. 

To me, I love courses like Augusta National. Ones were you have to think about how much risk you must take to go after the flag. Not in the way a flag is tucked behind a bunker or water, but how the green contours. 

Yep, but you see Rory and others get up and down pretty well through out the week. Maybe work on your short game? 

Yes, when all these greens are elevated, and the front of the greens are protected, short game shots are a bit more tricky. Get better. 

I think he needs to revaluate how he plays golf at Augusta. His good shots, might be good shots in terms of ball strike, but they might not be good decisions. 

I remember when Jack said something to the effect that whenever he heard a player complaining about the course or conditions that it was one less player he had to worry about.

• Thumbs Up 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

30 minutes ago, turtleback said:

I remember when Jack said something to the effect that whenever he heard a player complaining about the course or conditions that it was one less player he had to worry about.

Out of the 4? Lol.

• Funny 3

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 4/11/2022 at 7:32 AM, NM Golf said:

I called it...was even close on the score until he melted down on #18.

That wasn't a meltdown, that was good old fashioned handicap management!

5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Tyrrell Hatton sounds off against Augusta National, saying it was an unfair test. 

I do not understand how it could be unfair.  Everyone played the same course.  There weren't huge variances in tee times, compared to a normal tournament at least.  And everyone played the holes in the same order.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

12 hours ago, Shindig said:

That wasn't a meltdown, that was good old fashioned handicap management!

I know a few guys like that. Their partner makes a birdie and all of a sudden they can't make a 2 footer!

12 hours ago, Shindig said:

I do not understand how it could be unfair.  Everyone played the same course.  There weren't huge variances in tee times, compared to a normal tournament at least.  And everyone played the holes in the same order.  

It's a bad look for Tyrrell, he's coming off like a whiner. Yes, that course is penal, but good shots are rewarded. My guess is his version of a good shot and Augusta National's version of a good shot are not the same. Scotty didn't seem to have much of an issue...well at least not until the 72nd hole. 😜

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

2 hours ago, NM Golf said:

It's a bad look for Tyrrell, he's coming off like a whiner

He’s just hot tempered. Everyone knows that. He was just speaking out of frustration. I’m sure once he calmed down he realized the points that have been made here.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I wish they would have been able to better show us the elevation changes, uphill lies, downhill lies etc. It’s one of the key features of Augusta, but you mostly see players in a sea of shades of green and it’s difficult to tell what it actually looks like. Of course those who watch every year know some from announcers talking about it, but there is room for improvement for the visual experience.

I don’t know how, but in this age there must be some tricks they could use.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

Drone Tour of the Augusta National Clubhouse.

I think it was posted before, but now it'll be easier to find.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!